Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: wolfpack gathering

Seems to me that for the group to ban guns entirely would be akin to the knee jerk gun control activists. I'd be comfortable with a previously agreed upon code of conduct that would require everyone involved to be both legal and responsible. Buckskinner rendevous' come to mind. Black powder shoots make for great competition. Maybe some type of similar activity could give the guns an acceptable legitimacy. "Course it just takes one person making one foolish mistake to make a bad reflection on all. Accountability would be necessary.

OK, Otay's response works for me
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Ok, I'm going to put this in a single sentence because you are 'picking':

Someone bringing a survival rifle or pistol is different, and somewhat more acceptable, than someone bringing a purely anti-personnel weapon such as a 50cal, scoped 30-06 or magnum pistol.

I'm not saying this was a rule for the gathering, I'm just saying I'm not going to go if it turns into a gun show but it'd be fine for me if someone brought their Henry 22
    WARNING: This post may contain abusive language, textual violence, & a tendency to walk the line.
    This information is confidential and intended for the recipient exclusively. If you are not the recipient please notify the poster immediately and destroy the received post. Any non-member viewer of the private information contained within this post will incur a fee of no more than $25 plus legal costs. By reading this you acknowledge the above and consent to me hunting on your property.

Blog Entries

Man this turned into a gun debate. I say mitch is right. But also feel we don't need to bring anything larger than a .22 if you wanna carry. Geeeeeesh!!!
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

id love to go to a gathering and since i inherited a 2002 geo metro (tiny v3 that gets 20 KM per Litre) im not opposed to driving to Wisconsin or north/south Dakota or somewhere by there. also i think itd be a great idea to have a shooting or squirrel hunting competition , and maby even a big game hunt for those who want to. guns are only a bad thing if the wrong people are using them. its true geting firearms across the boarder is a bugger of a task so i wouldn't bother. heck we could have a meet in the USA and one in Canada some time later , diversify our outdoor knowledge so to speak.

Blog Entries

That would be great, I'd love to come up to Canada and ply my skills.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

no killing competitions, ***

ahh aight i guess you have a point there , it might offend some of our members, but target shooting is always fun

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by sam30248 View Post
    sounds great
    how about ax and knife throwing contest, fire starting and shelter making contest and so on.

I am in put me on your list and Email me

So how many are interested in doing this? I think we should all think about it and come up with a plan to make it happen!

So I guess that means I can't bring my M107 .50-caliber, to hit a 5 in small animal at a distance of almost 2 mi, and it would be dead before it heard that horrible sound, now that's more humane :-) and the bullet can pass through 1.2 inches of armor plating just in case he's wearing some.... But on a serious note, what about teaching or being taught, on making and using snares and different types of traps. Isn't that more inline with what this trip is about? The mountains of Tennessee or Kentucky sound great. But either way I'm in.

P.S. I don't have a problem with guns, but like it's been stated here before, a 22 cal would be enough unless it's a Grizz.
    "A person is not finished when they are defeated.
    A person is finished when they quit."

Okay, here's a thought. Gray Wolf suggested Kentucky or Tennessee so what do you think about scheduling around a Civil War reenactor's event?

1. The group and/or visitor's bureau would probably openly welcome us.
    2. We'd be around like minded people that understand wilderness skills or at least appreciate them (okay, tolerate them).
    3. We could probably camp near the reenactors
    4. It would be a fun event to watch
    5. Just wanted a number 5 on here to make it look fluffy.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Okay, here's a thought. Gray Wolf suggested Kentucky or Tennessee so what do you think about scheduling around a Civil War reenactor's event?
    Hey. they have CANNONS not fair

i like the smoky mts, do we have any one here that could recon an area?

Maybe Daniel Boone National?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle69 View Post
    i think we should plan a 3 or 4 day session next summer somewhere we could practice our skills and learn and teach and get to know each other network a bit. who would be interested in this
    Great idea.... You could organize that in the Mt. Adams wilderness area. That is just north of the Columbia River Gorge area. I could help with scouting out an ideal area for that. The Mt. Adams wilderness area is a not so commercially overdone area that is ripe for camping etc. There are campgrounds but there is also wild areas. It is located within the Gifford Pinchot National Forest east of Mt. St. Helens.

Thinking further about this: You might need a private reserve to do this though. I know that survival schools have their own private property because some of the practices that they in the operations area. I could still scout around my area for something that could work (or not) and let you know, whoever is the leader on this.
    Last edited by woodwose; 12-09-2007 at 01:07 AM. Reason: additional info.

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle69 View Post
    i like the smoky mts, do we have any one here that could recon an area?
    I was going to do a trek there at the end of September, when I checked then, there was a campfire ban in the back country, so I went up into the Blue Ridge Mountains (GREAT) instead.

Of those that are going where do we all live ? I know that I am going to be the one with the most miles other then Owl Girl ,but thats OK were do the most of you live so that you do not have as far to go ,and what time of year , I am retied so no bigy here for me but for others ??? It may be hard to get the time off for some??

ok lets make a list i'm from north central ontario.
    i would be willing to go to ohio michigan, kentucky, west virginia,tennesse, or arizona since i have experince there, or if ppl willing to come here i have 77 acres to play on.