Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: weekends a coming

Default weekends a coming

i challenge every one here except our californy friends to go out no matter where it is and start a fire this weekend keep notes weather temp materials time to do how you did it. then post back this week with something constructive about this topic

show me what you got

who's a wanna be and who's the real deal here.

always be prepared....

well alright then mr smartypants wareagle. I'll go and I'll use flint and steel for a starter, but I'm taking a 1 1/2pound hatchet for making kindling. Who else? Let's hear it sportsfans!
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Default sorry trax

not a big fan of smarties i prefer m&m's

Already was planning to go out to the McCormick Tract Wilderness Area so I'll be glad to take your notes.
    WARNING: This post may contain abusive language, textual violence, & a tendency to walk the line.
    This information is confidential and intended for the recipient exclusively. If you are not the recipient please notify the poster immediately and destroy the received post. Any non-member viewer of the private information contained within this post will incur a fee of no more than $25 plus legal costs. By reading this you acknowledge the above and consent to me hunting on your property.

Blog Entries

I'd really enjoy this, unfortunately Georgia is under a fire ban. Of course it's due to the drought.

I will however go into the last fire I made, about a month back. It was referred to in your last fire bundle post.

good enough for me bud

same here,we have been under a fire ban for over a month,although we have gotten and are still getting rain as I speak,our local government has not lifted the ban at this time
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

i had no idea that Indiana was also in a ban so much for CNN. might be a boring post only me and trax starting fires, I'm heading to the homestead this after noon just packing up both vans this am supposed to rain all weekend here so should be interesting for me, i will be trying two methods cattail fluff and cotton ball with Vaseline because of the rain.

the southern part of the state along with most of Kentucky have had an extremely dry summer,farmers her are selling off herds of horses and cattle because there is no hay,others have resorted to bailing corn stalks this year to replace the hay,I have never seen them do that before.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

my holidays are almost done week went by fast especially when moving but we have had allot more rain than normal which is good because we had a dry summer and even last winter not much snow and my wildlife have suffered because of it. go to rescue a skunk last night been hit by something crawled into a culvert to die broken back. with had to shimmy into the drain to pull him out tail first. took him to centre and euthanized poor thing was suffering.

poor thing,I put down a little bird someone hit on the road yesterday broken wing leg barley hanging on,and still it sit there at the mercy of other vehicles,I felt sorry for the little thing.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle69 View Post
    my holidays are almost done week went by fast especially when moving but we have had allot more rain than normal which is good because we had a dry summer and even last winter not much snow and my wildlife have suffered because of it. go to rescue a skunk last night been hit by something crawled into a culvert to die broken back. with had to shimmy into the drain to pull him out tail first. took him to centre and euthanized poor thing was suffering.
    Brave! That's like crawling into a cannon barrel to light the powder at the other end. How did you not get skunked?!
    WARNING: This post may contain abusive language, textual violence, & a tendency to walk the line.
    This information is confidential and intended for the recipient exclusively. If you are not the recipient please notify the poster immediately and destroy the received post. Any non-member viewer of the private information contained within this post will incur a fee of no more than $25 plus legal costs. By reading this you acknowledge the above and consent to me hunting on your property.

his back was broken which most likely paralyzed him. two ways to tell he smell of urine and feces which meant he had no muscle control also dragging his hind end tells me he was unable to use his scent glands.

You did what had to be done,I dont think the risk of being sprayed would have stopped you from ending its suffering.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

no i would not have not when you know me and my wife. got to learn how to do an inter costal euthanazia thou so all was not lost for his sacrifice.

You definitely deserve a big bag of M&M's Wareagle, good work. YOu too, Nell.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

okay kids i'm bugging out for the weekend

gonna practice my fires see ya'll on the flip side..

well, i won't be going out this weekend, cause i have plans to go next weekend. but i will be trying to finally get an ember using either the bow drill or fire drill..haven't had any success doing this in the bush, but i've done it in my garage a few times with each method. if all fails, will fall back to using my mag. flint stick...*sigh*...again.

Default Weekend Update

Yea I didn't get out after all. Caught some flu bug after being flu-free for over 8 years. *sigh* I'm throwing in wood for our woodstove later today so that's the most I'll have done outside.

Okay since theres still a few hours of weekend left i'll go out and try the bow and drill
    A wise person does at once, what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing; only at different times.