Thread: Roughing It?

Default Roughing It?

Personally, I'd rather stay in the woods. To each his own I guess. http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/08/07/cal...bed/index.html
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

If your inside , why the tent?

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Personally, I'd rather stay in the woods. To each his own I guess. http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/08/07/cal...bed/index.html
    That sounds like the kind of thing, my other half would do.

One time she got mad at me because she asked about going to this restaurant, where you cook your own steak, and I answered with "Yeah....and if I pay extra, do I get to wash my own dishes?"
    Maybe it was my "tone"! LOL
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Default Brooklyn Bridge

If they can do that , perhaps I can sell someone this bridge that I have just up the road a piece?
    Last edited by Pal334; 08-07-2010 at 05:45 PM.
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Sadly, the backdrop for the bridge has changed a bit.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Man, is someone gonna' get mad when my campfire really gets going.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Wow and I thought the people who camp out in their RV's in the Wal-Mart Parking lot were wierd. That's just plain dumb.
    Alaska to Florida, for how long, who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by doug1980 View Post
    Wow and I thought the people who camp out in their RV's in the Wal-Mart Parking lot were wierd. That's just plain dumb.
    Hey! I take offense to that. I got stuck in a snow storm and, I thank God I found a wal-mart parking lot. I actually had a great time w/ everyone else who was stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    Hey! I take offense to that. I got stuck in a snow storm and, I thank God I found a wal-mart parking lot. I actually had a great time w/ everyone else who was stuck.
    LOL no no I meant the hotel room thing. Wal-Mar camping has it's purpose and I have done it. When passing through or in odd circumstances like yours it is a good alternative. It makes me laugh when some come up here and camp for a week at the Wally World though. Kinda takes the fun out of the whole thing...don't it.
    Alaska to Florida, for how long, who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by doug1980 View Post
    LOL no no I meant the hotel room thing. Wal-Mar camping has it's purpose and I have done it. When passing through or in odd circumstances like yours it is a good alternative. It makes me laugh when some come up here and camp for a week at the Wally World though. Kinda takes the fun out of the whole thing...don't it.
    Well, yea. You don't want to be a cheap azz or walmart elitist.

Let's see $19/ night = 2nights at most state parks and a bundle of firewood. Don't sound like a deal to me. Unless they have something else there that I don't know about, I wouldn't have anything to do, "cept crawl in the tent and sleep. Boring.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pocomoonskyeyes View Post
    Let's see $19/ night = 2nights at most state parks and a bundle of firewood. Don't sound like a deal to me. Unless they have something else there that I don't know about, I wouldn't have anything to do, "cept crawl in the tent and sleep. Boring.

Cable T.V., Pay-per-View Movies, Room Service, Swimming Pool......

SLEEPING!!!!
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Yep sleeping... I have cable TV,pay-per-view,swimming pool across the road, Don't have room service but I can get it myself,kitchen is real close and I wouldn't have to worry about it getting cold...... Why blow the money? I have 2 small rambunctious boys so my idea of a vacation is really R&R literally! Sleep sounds GREAT!!!

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmm.....

Isn't that the Inn where Bear Grylls practices his survival skills? "Hello...room service? I want you to kill me a rabbit but make it look like I trapped it. Oh, and p;ease inform the management that I'll be skinnig & gutting the little bugger right here in there Inn, but we'll be filming it & he'll get lots of publicity..."
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    Isn't that the Inn where Bear Grylls practices his survival skills? "Hello...room service? I want you to kill me a rabbit but make it look like I trapped it. Oh, and p;ease inform the management that I'll be skinnig & gutting the little bugger right here in there Inn, but we'll be filming it & he'll get lots of publicity..."
    Should they inform management when he decides to repel from his balcony, to visit with the local natives, where they will show him how to kill time?
    Surviving the Fellini Kroger since 1993

Blog Entries

Had to laugh at this, it brought back wonderful memories of wychwood jnr and his friends building a "tent" with my clothes airer and a sheet in the dining room when he was small, and he's always treated wychwood towers as a hotel, so no difference really(except the pool jacuzzi etc)
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

I have set my tent up in the living room for my daughters sleep overs. Kids love the idea.
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson