Thread: Hats...a personal trademark?

Default Hats...a personal trademark?

Do you think hats are often personal trademarks of the people who wear them?

I always wear a warm wool sock hat when I go very far into the woods. Even in summer when I go on night walks. When I have to spend a night in the woods, a warm sock hat covering my head goes far toward staying comfortable warm, especially in winter. Come to think about it...could be my sock hat does represent me.

Blog Entries

Cool Oh............

Quote Originally Posted by corndog-44 View Post
    Do you think hats are often personal trademarks of the people who wear them?

I always wear a warm wool sock hat when I go very far into the woods. Even in summer when I go on night walks. When I have to spend a night in the woods, a warm sock hat covering my head goes far toward staying comfortable warm, especially in winter. Come to think about it...could be my sock hat does represent me.
    ...Put a sock on it. ;>) I wear different hats for different things. I have two different ball caps that are part of my uniform, I have several "full-brim" hats for the out doors along with "boonie" hats and some garrison types. Also a red beret I like to wear on occaison.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

r u sure it's a red beret and not rasberry?

i wear my stetson mostly even out in the bush

I wear your standard 360 brim bush hat... something between a fedora and a cowboy hat. Waterproof, shade from sun... a hat's a hat in the summer.
    For winter I'm seen donning a big red wool lumberjack hat or a rabbit skin ushanka
    WARNING: This post may contain abusive language, textual violence, & a tendency to walk the line.
    This information is confidential and intended for the recipient exclusively. If you are not the recipient please notify the poster immediately and destroy the received post. Any non-member viewer of the private information contained within this post will incur a fee of no more than $25 plus legal costs. By reading this you acknowledge the above and consent to me hunting on your property.

Blog Entries

Cool I'll give you a rasberry...

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle69 View Post
    r u sure it's a red beret and not rasberry?

i wear my stetson mostly even out in the bush
    My favorite is one similar to what Mitch described as a cross between a cowboy hat and a fedora.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

I think a hat is an important piece of equipment and it is ok to reflect you common scence and personality in your head gear , I started wearing a fedora after Indiana Jones did and after i burnt the top of my ears black on a canoe trip I personialize the hatband.
    KNOWLEDGE the ulitmate survival tool

I AM HURT BUT NOT SLAIN, I WILL LIE DOWN AND BLEED A WHILE THEN I WILL RISE UP AND FIGHT AGAIN.

I have a boony hat that I wear when hiking, a couple of different ballcaps when using the chainsaw and a straw fedora-style hat when mowing the lawn.