Thread: Effective camoflauge and Survival

Banned

Default Effective camoflauge and Survival

I'm not trying to sell anything (I do sell the camo I will be discussing). There are many times when being able to hide well or be concealed in a survival situation. A ghillie suit is the best camoflauge that can be had. However a ghillie suit is heavy, bulky and highly insulating, meaning it will cook you in hot weather. There is a much better alternative out there but let me make a case for it first.
    OK there are so many misconceptions about camoflauge they are even in the minds of folks that choose the effective camoflauge patterns.
    Let me ask all you Predator Spring Green users and "I don't like that because it doesn't have any green in it" folks a question. Can you name one large predator that is green? Aligators are actually more brownish than green; but some crocodilians are green, the ones that eat fish almost solely.
    All land based predators that hunt by spot and stalk and ambush techniques are either striped, spotted, some combination there of or fairly monochromatic or variations on a color like grey. Not one of them has green in it's coat.
    Of all four legged predators the one with the most effective camoflauge coat is the leopard. It has been scientifically proven that if the leopard remains still it is invisible to its prey as close as 5 feet. Yes the being still is important; but the camo effect of its coat gives it the edge.
    Now Predator camo was designed from the standpoint of breaking up the human outline with a large open pattern with black lines to establish false outlines; and it works.
    ASAT is different from all other camo patterns. It is based on the way animals see. Basically the each color squiggle looks to be a different distance from the animal. The black appear to be however far you are from the animal, the brown appears to be basically twice that far. The like tan color is photoreflective so it looks like open space and what is around you. So baically it gives you discontinuity in the animals vision. Simply put you don't look like a whole object but disjoined pieces. It does this no matter how close or far you are to the animal so it never blobs up and makes your outline reappear.
    The single best camoflauge money can buy is an ASAT 3D Vanish Pro leafy suit. The most versatile and effective camo there is bar none except a ghillie suit. It is superior to the ghillie because it is neither bulky or hot as a ghillie is.It folds and rolls up small enough to fit in a smal fanny pack or day pack pocket and weights less than a pound.
    All the changes to Predator camo over the years have not been done to make them more effect in fooling game. They have been done to make them more marketable to hunters. Because the biggest complaint about both original Predator and ASAT that hunters voice is,"It doesn't look like anything." Well ASAT has never changed because that criticism is actually its biggest strength in effectiveness. IT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE ANYTHING,
    so it makes you the next best thing to invisible.
    ASAT is the ONLY camo with a money back gaurantee. That should be the last word on the subject. If any other camo manufacturer truly believes they make the most effective camo why don't they offer the buy it back gaurantee?

The ASAT gaurantee is this, wear ASAT exclusively for one year and if you don't see more game than ever before they will buy it back. Realtree, Mossyoak, Predator, Skyline, Enigma all the other camo makers, none of them stand behind their products like this. They also change their products every year or so. Not to make them neccasarily more effective at fooling game but to make it better at fooling hunters and getting them to part with more of their money on the newest and "best." ASAT only has changed the materials and dyes to make their camo longer lasting, comfortable and less fading.
    The 3D Vanish Pro suit is sized to fit loosely to allow layering under it so you can wear as little or as much under it that you need to in order to dress for the weather. I have worn mine hunting in 117 degrees in California with just shorts and a T-shirt under it and in Michigan in sub zero Winter with non camoflauge wool to stay warm and comfortable and effectively camoflauged all day. As I said I'm not trying to get you to buy this from me; but if you do(said with my tongue firmly in my cheek and blushing) I'll give you free shipping. PM me if you want more info. I'll edit out anything considered If requested by a moderator. Because it wasn't my intention I am just passionate about this subject.

I've been using asat since around 1990. I got mine from Brigade QuarterMasters. I like it. And no this isn't a paid endorsement!
    I know what hunts you.

Outside of a military or LE application, when would camo be needed in a survival situation? It'd think just the opposite would be needed. A huge billboard blinking neon letters and an arrow that says, "I'm here" would be what you want in a survival situation.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

This one doesn't blink. I'm "green" that way. (wink)
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Banned

When hunting or waiting for a trap to be activated. Sometimes survival means NOT being found. Like when this government starts rounding up those who disagree with them.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierarcher View Post
    When hunting or waiting for a trap to be activated. Sometimes survival means NOT being found. Like when this government starts rounding up those who disagree with them.
    So how well does this camo do against the human eye? We see things far differently than animals. So for the hunting aspect I could see this camo would be superior but what about the government scenario you stated? I think if the latter happens I'll stick to what I know will work...a guille suit. And my supreme intelect .
    Alaska to Florida, for how long, who knows...

Ok, so your saying i should walk around the forest dressed as a leopard? I hope its the best camo because i wouldn't want to be seen dressing like that around here Actually, i havenever worn camoflauge i always just where dark greens ,browns greys and dark blue.
    Last edited by Bibow; 08-06-2009 at 04:22 PM.

Banned

Check out the test pics under Why ASAT
    http://www.asatcamo.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bibow View Post
    Ok, so your saying i should walk around the forest dressed as a leopard? I hope its the best camo because i wouldn't want to be seen dressing like that around here Actually, i havenever worn camoflauge i always just where dark greens ,browns greys and dark blue.
    Is that a leopard loin cloth?? How much camoflage can that possibly be?
    I know what hunts you.

Banned

Actually dressing as a leopard wouldn't work well unless you took countershading for the human form into consideration. Basically it not a good idea because you're not a leopard.
    Last edited by hoosierarcher; 08-08-2009 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosierarcher
    Like when this government starts rounding up those who disagree with them.
    Oh. Well, in that case, I just have to change the billboard a little bit.

Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Banned

Dude that is just not cool. I thought you were my hoosier amigo. I guess I was wrong.

What he really meant to post was
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Rick........is that you, hiding there???
    Last edited by 2dumb2kwit; 02-24-2010 at 05:11 PM.
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 2dumb2kwit View Post
    Rick........is that you, hiding there???
    A leprechan pimp???!!!????

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierarcher View Post
    A leprechan pimp???!!!????
    OK, I'll admit to a twisted sense of humor. I was reading this thread....and the things that kinda stuck in my head were.....leopard skin......green......camoflage....Rick....it just kinda happened! LOL
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

@HA - Yeah, what Crash said. That's what the sign was supposed to say. Darned outdoor advertising folks anyway. If you want it done right, do it yourself, I guess.

@2Dumb - If I were going to hide....I'd hide here.

Smile camo

hey sounds good how about some pics of this stuff im interestedin aquiring some as an avid hunter

Quote Originally Posted by wilf123 View Post
    hey sounds good how about some pics of this stuff im interestedin aquiring some as an avid hunter
    Read post number 7 then follow the link provided.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

The new Army digital seems to work when its most important. Mac
    The Colhane Channel TV for guys like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pict View Post
    The new Army digital seems to work when its most important. Mac
    Aaah,, Thanks Pict, when I was demobilizing I was missing one guy, AND THERE HE IS!!!!!!
    Last edited by Pal334; 08-07-2009 at 03:48 PM. Reason: spelling
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related