Thread: First-Hand Survival Experiences?

Default First-Hand Survival Experiences?

Is there a thread here for people to share their first-hand survival experiences? If not, I'd love to hear stories about how people found themselves in unplanned and possibly life-threatening survival situations and how they overcame them. Most of my experience comes from simulations (i.e. camping or walkabouts when I was younger), but I'm curious to see what circumstances others have worked through.

Anyone care to share?

Blog Entries

All depends on what you consider survival situation.

I was walking down the street in San Diego one day, almost under the Coronado bridge. I noticed that about 4 blocks away were about 10 gang members and they had just noticed me.

I turned around and walked back where I came from, flagged a taxi and went on my way.

Then there was in Panama during a helocast, my partner and I jumped into the water only to see three sharks. Ah yeh, that was a scary one.

Then there was my first marriage.

Blog Entries

Talking Hmmm....

Well, like FVR there was my 1st marriage, then about 10,000 words that meant....whatever, from Vol West. Then there was the semi that crashed into my bus...think I prefer VW's rants to that.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Dumped my canoe while canoeing a remote river , water proof matches saved the day big fire let me get back in the water for short peoiods to colect gear.
    KNOWLEDGE the ulitmate survival tool

I AM HURT BUT NOT SLAIN, I WILL LIE DOWN AND BLEED A WHILE THEN I WILL RISE UP AND FIGHT AGAIN.

The "Death March" - we were doing a land survey in the Great Northwoods of Maine. Nearly 100-degrees F and a crew of 8 ran out of water up on a ridge. Didn't get out till dark after a 10-mile bushwack without a drop of water. Best time of my life.
    Earth - love it or leave it.

FireSteel.com