Thread: Hammock help

Default Hammock help

Having a problem deciding on a Clark or Hennessy hammock.
    Any help is appreciated
    Respectfully
    Mischief

I use a military style jungle hammock that I picked up at a surplus shop for about $40. Based on the M-1965 model, I think. While I'm not ultralight by any means, I do try to get rid of excess weight whenever possible - so I replaced the thick, heavy ropes & ring with 550 cord and a carabiner clip.

'course, I'm cheap like that. Those Clark hammocks look sweet if you have the money for it.

Both are good choices. It depends on what you like. The Hennessy has a bottom entry. Sometimes this is a problem when you add insulation. I think the Hennessy is the only one that has a ridgeline, but you can add that to a Clark. Have you looked at Hammockforums? There is also a website that shows how to make your own. I just finished making my own, and sleeping in it for a few nights. Not bad at all.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by finallyME View Post
    Both are good choices. It depends on what you like. The Hennessy has a bottom entry. Sometimes this is a problem when you add insulation. I think the Hennessy is the only one that has a ridgeline, but you can add that to a Clark. Have you looked at Hammockforums? There is also a website that shows how to make your own. I just finished making my own, and sleeping in it for a few nights. Not bad at all.
    Thanks FinallyME just when I thought that I had it nailed down to 2.

Thanks for the link.

Mischief

I've looked at the Hennessey. The thing I like about it is the bottom entry. The thing I don't like about it - with my luck it would be an unplanned exit in the middle of the night.

I use a Grand Trunk hammock (hybrid), Eno mosquito net and carry a Funky Forest 10X10 tarp.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Default Hammock

Would you please elaborate on the bottom entry.
    I am seeing a zipper to open then get in and re zipper
    Panama City is not known for it's outdoor stores so will have tio request catalogs first and then a road trip maybe Tallahassee

Mischief

Here's a video that explains their features better than I could. BTW - just kidding aboutthe fear of falling out. It looks like a really good system, and if I didn't already have one I would seriously look at it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9Cyo5bEDWU
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Mischief - here's a link to Hennessy's site. There is some good info. http://hennessyhammock.com/
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief View Post
    Would you please elaborate on the bottom entry.
    You don't want me to go there. Maybe Jason will tell ya' when he logs on.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

The hennesy is great, We have two. I like the bottom entry because it is a bit lighter and the zipper wont break. Hennesy just came out out with a side entry with a zipper and 2 layers to put a pad in for cold weather. My dad preordered the first one. the wont be for sale for a few more weeks though. I don't know much bout clark hammocks but i just know i love the hennesy. You also might want to check out warbonnet hammocks.
    Pickin' n' Grinnin'