Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: survival supplies

Default survival supplies

so have you ever thought of this
    shtf some how some way and now your unprepared family members stop by. i just thought of this cuz some of the wifes family is here for the weekend and i brought in extra supplies for them plus digging into some of my own stock for meals and such. but if they had to come on a permanent basis it would definetly put a strain on our comfort and shorten our timeline, but how do you turn family away, now they do live far off so the chances of them showing up in an emergency would be unlikely and if an emerg situation where they are at most likely not here, but it make me stop and wonder.
    always be prepared-prepare all ways
    http://wareaglesurvival.blogspot.com

I have 3 kids, 2 in-laws, and 4 grand kids in the immediate vicinity. Total is 5 adults and 4 kids in addition to me and my wife. Yes, I have included them in my plans. Not only for food and water but also weapons and ammo, communications and health care. I can convert my place into the Walton's if the needed arises. Pray that it doesn't. I like my privacy!!!!!!!

Good night, John boy.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I don't have any family on this coast except the wifey. We have made arangements with FRIENDS should the SHTF. Depending on wether we go to them or they come to us, everything of use comes with them! Food, ammo, guns, tent, sleeping bag, etc.
    I know what hunts you.

We are in good shape for wife and myself.As it stands today. supplies for 5 months. Sister and bro in law live about 50 miles south of here. I started them out this week end with supplies. We went to gun store there they bought 3000 rounds of .22 500 rounds of .12 ga.#7 200 rounds of 40 cal. and 50 rounds of OO. I took them 4 five gallon buckets with lids. Contents 50 lbs brown beans in one, 50 lbs rice in another, salt, flour,pepper, boullion cubes, 24 pkgs of ramen noodles in third, first aid supplies,baby wipes, "female items" in fourth. That should feed them,my neice, and mom that lives with them for 3-4 weeks if they don't waste a lot also got bro in law on line and had him order 2 of the 55 gal. water drums for water storage.

Banned

I have no family really close but any that show up at my door will be welcome because family is never turned away. As for strangers....My cousin works for the county road comission and I asked him where the emmense tree chipper is stored and how to get it to a nearby farm field. Unwanted folks that don't leave on the third politely made request will be part of the compost pile. A lesson fron history they don't teach in school....all those fields that men fought and died in in Europe over the centuries are the best farm land in Europe. This is due to the pact that blood, bone and flesh make great fertilizer. The smaller the pieces these are when they are introduced to the soil the quicker they have a positive effect on the richness of the soil.

Appreciate that information. (tosses half eaten French pastry in the trash) It's something I hadn't thought of (followed by French berre creme).
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

The relatives that live close by are all into Preperation, Some more than others, Between my wife and me , and one of the uncles we could feed the few that are unprepaired for awhile if they dont mind a lot of beans and rice.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

MMhmMmmm

My goal is to try to keep 10 people alive, well fed, and able to do labor for 6 months with my own supplies. Anyone else that may be invited are required to bring their own supply or can freely stash it here.
    Mountain Man

Banned
    Blog Entries

My plan is to take in only women of questionable moral values, that can shoot straight, split wood, haul water. & butcher moose.

Quote Originally Posted by hope View Post
    My plan is to take in only women of questionable moral values, that can shoot straight, split wood, haul water. & butcher moose.
    thats a great plan pops
    wonder what i can do to convince the mrs of that also. she says the only woamn of questionalble morals allowed in the house is kat von d, ii agree 100 percent on that
    always be prepared-prepare all ways
    http://wareaglesurvival.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by hope View Post
    Hope I know One that kinda fits that description, except the "butcher a moose" part , however she is built like a moose, just putting that out there incase your interested.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

My Goal Is To Make My Way To Cabela's And Barricade The Doors Shut And Survive In There....... But Seriously. I Have Also Make Changes To Fit In Family And A Few Close Friends... The Biggest Problem Was Caring For My 3 Year Old Nephew, Just Taking Into Account All His Needs Was A Job In It's Self.
    "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived."

-George Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Welderguy
    however she is built like a moose
    You might give that some serious thought, Hope. It's better than smelling like a moose.

If SHTF I would be gone, so if they came by my house it would be empty.
    Surviving in Los Angeles-

Quote Originally Posted by welderguy View Post
    however she is built like a moose,
    On the bright side......a big girl makes shade in the summer and warmth in the winter!
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Quote Originally Posted by AVENGED View Post
    My Goal Is To Make My Way To Cabela's And Barricade The Doors Shut And Survive In There....... But Seriously. I Have Also Make Changes To Fit In Family And A Few Close Friends... The Biggest Problem Was Caring For My 3 Year Old Nephew, Just Taking Into Account All His Needs Was A Job In It's Self.

hey, that was my idea! LOL, or atleast raid it.

Quote Originally Posted by jrock24 View Post
    If SHTF I would be gone, so if they came by my house it would be empty.

That us, i ain't sticking around my house to see what happens. I am taking all that me, David, 2 quads, 5 dogs and 2 horses can carry and headed out. Got a friend with 4 horses and a daughter, whatever they bring along. Hmmm...duct tape, kid give our position away. Gunna truck and trailer everything that we can for as long as we can and begin ditching the gas guzzlers along the way. Nothing here that we can survive on, must find water and food.

My family can care for them selves, they wouldn't show up at my door anyway. We aren"t a close knit family anyway. My parents would be my only concern.

And she hunts with an AK so if you DO show up at her door.........just sayin'.

Blog Entries

My blood relatives would never even think to look for me. Havent spoken to them for over a decade and they dont know where i live. The friends i have nearby are prepared. But i am renting at this time and the people i rent from live on the property. They are real nice folks with three kids and i would do everything to help them out. I figure that if i dont own the property i should make myself very useful.
    I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
    Oscar Wilde

http://www.youtube.com/user/jimhuntermj21

Blog Entries

Now there you've struck a chord Huntermj. I too rent but my landlord isn't local. There are plenty more things I could do to prepare, but am unwilling to because of this. Having been evicted(through no fault of my own) once before I'm loath to spend too much just in case it happens again.
    As for relatives, I have most of my family local and none of them prepare. Of course I'd take them in but I couldn't feed us for long.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.