Thread: Wounds/Injuries

Default Wounds/Injuries

Say for some reason you're stuck w/o a first aid kit... what do you to manage open wounds?

Compression strap to cover and close the wound (tshirt, bandana, etc).
    If it's a bad wound like a bear mauling, you're probably best off tourniqueting any broken arteries and leaving the non-life threatening wounds uncovered to bleed out.
    Complex fractures can be treated by a couple sticks running parallel to the leg, wrapped tightly (TIGHTLY) to the leg by a shirt or other fabric. Once the bone has been reset of course (bite down on a twig, pilgrim, this will hurt).
    WARNING: This post may contain abusive language, textual violence, & a tendency to walk the line.
    This information is confidential and intended for the recipient exclusively. If you are not the recipient please notify the poster immediately and destroy the received post. Any non-member viewer of the private information contained within this post will incur a fee of no more than $25 plus legal costs. By reading this you acknowledge the above and consent to me hunting on your property.

Keep some super glue in your pocket for midium sized cuts and some tape as well (The really good stuff like electrical tape is good, Surgical tape is like paper and not very strong)
    A wise person does at once, what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing; only at different times.

Stop bleeding by elevation, direct pressure if you have to use a tourniquet evacuation is really a must if I couldn't evac cauterize wound and regardless of stop bleeding method clean and cover wound with the cleanest thing you could find usually an article of clothing.
    KNOWLEDGE the ulitmate survival tool

I AM HURT BUT NOT SLAIN, I WILL LIE DOWN AND BLEED A WHILE THEN I WILL RISE UP AND FIGHT AGAIN.

If you sprain a joint use RICE (Rest,Ice,Compression,Elevation) and seek medical help quickly
    A wise person does at once, what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing; only at different times.

duct tape workes better because of the glue on it

Blog Entries

Cool Well, since you mentioned it...

Quote Originally Posted by GrayWolf View Post
    Say for some reason you're stuck w/o a first aid kit... what do you to manage open wounds?
    I always carry or wear a bandana as well as wear a belt. Learned this one from the Boy Scouts. You can bandage a wound with a bandana and stop arterial bleeding with a belt.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

A kit that you can carry cannot possibly contain enough supplies for all the possible things that can happen. In this situation the best you can do is wrap it up somehow and seek help. This is when a signal device will really come in handy~
    Earth - love it or leave it.

FireSteel.com