Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Best survival radio communications systems....????

Seems to be working now.....thanks, been digging thru you stuff.

Haven't messed with HAM since 1963......but was a good year for skip....LOL
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Looks like you got it to work.

The reason for the rule......to prevent spammers from spamming. Obviously that wasn't your intent, but if we allow it for some........you get the picture.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Here is the one I enjoy every day as it gives me a lot of versatility. As to your need, you can step it up with more levels: https://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Solu...SIN=B00W75BLTU

That looks very versatile. I just got a handheld BaoFeng. I am studying for my HAM license. Then I'll bump up the power and antennae. Right now it's used as a NOAA radio.

Quote Originally Posted by SARKY View Post
    Just get a good shortwave radio transciever. In a scenario as you describe all bets are off for licenses.....you don't need one. If it were for normal everyday/no emergency use, you would need a license. Remember though, the antenna is the key to good transmission and reception. Most of the radios on the market are similar but there are different antenna set ups that you can use, that is where to do your research.
    However you and your friends and family all have the very BEST radio receivers and also a two-way radios in lead containers inside steel boxes, and they work perfect. If price is no object, what is the best radio system, that does not require a special license to own or operate. (I don't know the answer, I am looking for "THE" answer)

Quote Originally Posted by mailiyat View Post
    However you and your friends and family all have the very BEST radio receivers and also a two-way radios in lead containers inside steel boxes, and they work perfect. If price is no object, what is the best radio system, that does not require a special license to own or operate. (I don't know the answer, I am looking for "THE" answer)
    The answer is that you were banned today and re-registered under a new name. Bye bye again.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Problem with walkie-talkies is that you might give your position away if you use them too much..

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.