Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $217.48 later and I have a 1911

Default $217.48 later and I have a 1911

I went to the sarco Inc and cdnn web site yesterday and ordered all the parts ( I hope I got em all) to put together a 1911 . The frame and slide are listed as having Manufacturing blemish's so I shall see what that means in a few days.
    the barrel is just a standard barrel, as are all the internal parts.
    Now today i am going to order the parkerizing kit from brownells along with some alumahyde spray.
    This is going to be my first complete 1911 build starting from a box of parts. Next on the list of projects is an Ar-15.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

you have me drooling, I am a huge 1911 fan and almost always have had them parkerized. I keep mine otherwise completely standard. Is that your intent? When they are standard, they seem to enjoy being dirty, and always work. I have never built one, but would like to hear how yours goes
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by Pal334 View Post
    you have me drooling, I am a huge 1911 fan and almost always have had them parkerized. I keep mine otherwise completely standard. Is that your intent? When they are standard, they seem to enjoy being dirty, and always work. I have never built one, but would like to hear how yours goes
    Ive never had one parkerized so this will be a first. all the parts are no frills standard 1911 , except for the grips I got raparound houge grips
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

I think you will be happy with the parkerization (if there is such a word) . It is not pretty, but seems to compliment the no nonsense aura of the 1911 and , at least for me been most durable. Would enjoy seeing pics as you progress
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

If the camera cooperates I plan on posting the build as I go .

Blog Entries

Cool And...

I'd be interested in seeing the parts inventory!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    I'd be interested in seeing the parts inventory!
    Sure here ya go:
    Parts from Sarco
    frame
    G.I. PATTERN COLT 1911 BARREL
    SPRING KIT
    double seration slide
    HAMMER
    FLAT MAINSPRING HOUSINGS
    Slide Stop
    Barrel Bushing
    barrel link
    Disconnector
    Ejector.
    Extractor
    Firing Pin
    Firing Pin Spring
    Mag Catch
    Thumb Safety

Ordered from cdnn
    TRIGGER
    RECOIL SPRING PLUG
    RECOIL SPRING GUIDE
    PIN SET
    Mag Catch lock
    PLUNGER TUBE
    GRIP BUSHINGS

If you want the part #'s or pricing let me know.

I dont think i get everything ordered listed, when I pick it up from my ffl ill post the shipping list for ya

Blog Entries

If THIS doesn't scream for Q.C. review, nothing does. But since everything does, ya' got the address Welderguy?
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    If THIS doesn't scream for Q.C. review, nothing does. But since everything does, ya' got the address Welderguy?

http://www.sarcoinc.com/ and http://www.cdnninvestments.com/

I keep thinking I forgot to order a sear and disconnecter

May I volunteer as a 2nd alternate to the 3rd assistant on this review?

Quote Originally Posted by welderguy View Post
    I keep thinking I forgot to order a sear and disconnecter
    mmmm,, that may stunt the project a bit

Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Thanks rick! I see now that i missed 5 items, small parts but needed just the same.
    When I ordered the parts I had a diagram open from e-gunparts, and ordered off the sarco site over the phone. so all in all thats not too bad.

Now, if you can just get the author to build it for you......
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

LOL that would be nice

Actually the parts I forgot were , front and rear sight, Sear,Magazine Catch/Release.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Now, if you can just get the author to build it for you......
    Quote Originally Posted by welderguy View Post
    LOL that would be nice
    Just forward the parts. Q.C. will assemble it! Q.C. We are your friends!
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Just forward the parts. Q.C. will assemble it! Q.C. We are your friends!
    will Q.C. send it back with a case of ammo too.