Thread: Talking Trash

Default Talking Trash

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    The only time you'll get a time out is if someone makes it personal. If you start calling names or talking trash then you could get some time alone.
    Okay ladies and gentlemen, let's dare to push the envelope! Let's talk trash!

...so, what useful things have you "salvaged" from the garbage?
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isn't merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower people's expectations thereby enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation?" -Deputy Dewey Riley, Scream 2

Everything of mine my wife has thrown away. Two weeks ago, two water coolers just because they leaked. Pffft. What's up with that. They are perfectly good for something. And I let her know about it too. Right after she went back inside.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

The 2 biggest things are scrap steel for my forging projets. I also now save our aluminum cans. I have reused alot of old treated lumber from around our recently purchased acreage.
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

My old ragged blue jeans! My other half yells at me if I mess up "good" clothes, working in the garage, but try's to throw away all my "ragged" clothes.......leaving only "good" clothes!

A guy just can't win, around here!
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Oh, BTW.....it's not a good idea to tell your woman "You're just mad because I wear the same size clothes long enough, to wear them out."
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

You really need to change your name. This whole 2dumb thing is going to get you hurt.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Does a tent count? or a Pot? Man mine will be a looooooong list. I used to dumpster dive for a living...literally.

Years ago my ole lady sold my holy jeans on that durn internet auction site. She got more than I had payed for them new and I was without britches!
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

Blog Entries

I haven't yet, but my wife found me.
    -Frank

Whether the knife falls on the melon or the melon on the knife, the melon suffers. (African Proverb)

Updating website! Stop by and tell me what you think!

I rebuilt a few guns that went under saltwater for 2 weeks due to Hurricain Katrina. Some look just fine others are UGLY but now work great. As a side note not one of my guns went under water for that storm. They were all safe and sound on my second story which took about an inch of water. For two weeks after the storm we cops and some fireman salvaged all kinds of different stuff just to live on. Food ,clothes, boats, fuel, propane tanks,burners, ammo....anything that would make life a little easier in the aftermath. That type of situation really brings out your resoursefulness and ingenuity.
    Last edited by glockcop; 07-27-2009 at 05:17 PM.

a pair of Dewalt 18 volt battery drills!!! They had no batteries and were pretty beat up. Batteries were no problem, I have ten spares Now use them as my "loaners"
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Ooh. yeah. I grabbed a 14.4 Craftsman drill at Goodwill that didn't have a battery. I came home and ordered one online. Presto. That's my favorite drill!

Over Taxed Under Paid Swamprat1958's Avatar

Lumber, rebar, rope, toolboxes, tackle boxes, rusted tools (which cleaned up fine). The list could go on and on.

Banned
    Blog Entries

The tourist leave their "Old Style" Propane bottles that can not be refilled by the dumpster. You can't get them refilled, but you can exchange them at Home Depot for a new full bottle. I have snagged about ten of these in the last 3 years. A new EMPTY bottle cost $43.00 here.

Most recently - Two 20 lb propane bottles (one half full), smoker, assorted files, candles, grease gun with six full cartridges, scrap steel bar stock.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I got a cheapo floor drill press without the motor like new?, couple hundred yards of red 3/4" wide nylon webbing from an old sewing shop that made dog leashes, a steel truck tool box from the Tractor Supply dumpster with a couple of dents, otherwise nice. Misc old shelving and cabinets from a flower shop that was being remodeled.

Thank goodness for trucks.
    -Jonesy

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Everything of mine my wife has thrown away. Two weeks ago, two water coolers just because they leaked. Pffft. What's up with that. They are perfectly good for something. And I let her know about it too. Right after she went back inside.
    put a little duct tape over the leaky parts and keep using it as a cooler. Or you could use it as waterproof storage. They may not be able to hold standing water, but they will for sure keep rain out.