Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "NIGHT SIGHTS" Are they really worth IT...???

Banned
    Blog Entries

OK, now we have a educational conversation going........green or red laser.......?

Not to insult anyone but nobody cares how well a corpse use to be able to point shoot. Night Sights give you an advantage in a broader range of life and death scenarios. I know that a life and death situation is likely to happen in low light 80% of the time. One should not limit their training to just one mode of thought (point shooting). "I don't need them" is a whole lot like "It wont happen to me". Use what is available and live to tell about it. This is just my well grounded and founded opinion on what it takes to stay alive in the real world of tactics and training.
    Last edited by glockcop; 07-26-2009 at 10:19 PM.

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

Two kinds of handgun shooting, target & combat. I don't worry about targets, that will get you killed. I don't punch holes in paper. I can suggest an old book "Shooting to Live" by a couple of men named Fairbairn & Sykes. It's a little outdated on some things, but their theory is as solid now as it was in 1940. Contrary to popular belief I just don't impress easily and underestimating anyone with a
    firearm isn't very bright.
    Last edited by Ole WV Coot; 07-27-2009 at 12:27 AM.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by glockcop View Post
    Not to insult anyone but nobody cares how well a corpse use to be able to point shoot. Night Sights give you an advantage in a broader range of life and death scenarios. I know that a life and death situation is likely to happen in low light 80% of the time. One should not limit their training to just one mode of thought (point shooting). "I don't need them" is a whole lot like "It wont happen to me". Use what is available and live to tell about it. This is just my well grounded and founded opinion on what it takes to stay alive in the real world of tactics and training.
    Don't agree, don't need to agree. We have disparent views. Your are not open to an opposing view, so I will drop out of the discussion. Not worth my effort.
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Default Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Pal334 View Post
    Don't agree, don't need to agree. We have disparent views. Your are not open to an opposing view, so I will drop out of the discussion. Not worth my effort.
    Yep, that we do. No harm no foul. If it works well for you stay with it and stay safe. Whatever you use practice and practice some more.

Ole coot and Pal334, I did not intened to offend which I must have done. Appologies all around. My wife tells me I do it to her all the time. I guess I gotta work on that. I'm just old and set in my ways. And yes, use what works for you by all means and stay safe. Best.
    Last edited by glockcop; 07-27-2009 at 08:23 AM.

Default Me Too

Quote Originally Posted by glockcop View Post
    Ole coot and Pal334, I did not intened to offend which I must have done. Appologies all around. My wife tells me I do it to her all the time. I guess I gotta work on that. I'm just old and set in my ways. And yes, use what works for you by all means and stay safe. Best.
    If men can't disagree it would be a dull world. You did not offend me in the least. I hope we never play follow the leader. If you don't agree with anything I type, don't back off. I always like to hear a different point of view and watch your back out there.

glock and Coot. No harm, no foul, spirited discussion is fun. With so many "alpha" types here, we are bound to rub each other a bit. And I agree it would be dull otherwise. Tipping my coffee mug to all,
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

Banned
    Blog Entries

With so many "alpha" types here,

what....WHAT..WHERE.....

glock and Coot. No harm, no foul, spirited discussion is fun. With so many "alpha" types here, we are bound to rub each other a bit. And I agree it would be dull otherwise. Tipping my coffee mug to all,
    Cool, I'm glad we can still play together and not get a "Time Out" in the corner. I believe I've already said way too much on this subject so I'll let somebody else get a breath in. Stay safe out there ya'll.

I deleted the second post for you.

The only time you'll get a time out is if someone makes it personal. If you start calling names or talking trash then you could get some time alone. As long as folks are discussin' instead of cussin' it will work.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Is discussin and fussin ok?

Quote Originally Posted by hope View Post
    OK, now we have a educational conversation going........green or red laser.......?
    I have heard the green ones are quite nice, though I have not tried one myself. I only have red.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    The only time you'll get a time out is if someone makes it personal. If you start calling names or talking trash then you could get some time alone.
    This gives me an idea that's just too good!
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isn't merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower people's expectations thereby enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation?" -Deputy Dewey Riley, Scream 2

Quote Originally Posted by hope View Post
    Both depending on light situation from what i've learned red works best at night or in foggy/smokey situations where green works better in day light bright light situations. they make one that has both the green and red lasers as well as a flashlight. They are somewhat costly is some peoples view $ 100.oo to $250.oo but there again its an investment in your personel security then the price doesn't matter that much I found one at my local dealer that has all three for $ 150.oo and plan on getting one soon.