Thread: Just heard this on the local news

Default Just heard this on the local news

here is the basic story .
    while some summer campers were at the pavilion eating, someone started screaming cause there was a possum in the garbage can , two of the camp councilors went to see what was going on when the looked into the can the possum jumped out hissing , one of them hit it with a log and the other finished it off with a hatchet.
    Now the two councilors are in trouble for killing it , because a wildlife removal expert said that possums are harmless docile creatures that wont hurt anyone there not aggressive.

well what ya all think are they sweet cuddley creatures or do you all agree if a possum jumps at ya kick its AZZ
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Ok, really? If it bit me, i would kill it too! Tell the one guy to show the bite! and get a rabies shot! GEE, how much stupider can some people get?

I think they were well within their rights,nasty creature. I do it when they come around my trash cans,let them tell me not too...
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Actually, a possum is pretty stupid. They aren't terribly aggressive either. They can hiss like crazy, though if they think they are cornered. I was running wire under a house one time and actually cornered one in the crawl space. Mind you, it was NOT my intention to corner it. That thing hissed and scared the pee waddins out of me. Then he just walked down the edge of the foundation like nothin' ever happened. Waddled his way over the crawl space opening and out from under the house.

Meanwhile, I was still suckin' on my chest tryin' to get a breath of air started and waiting for my bugged eyes to go back in their sockets.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Actually, a possum is pretty stupid. They aren't terribly aggressive either. They can hiss like crazy, though if they think they are cornered. I was running wire under a house one time and actually cornered one in the crawl space. Mind you, it was NOT my intention to corner it. That thing hissed and scared the pee waddins out of me. Then he just walked down the edge of the foundation like nothin' ever happened. Waddled his way over the crawl space opening and out from under the house.

Meanwhile, I was still suckin' on my chest tryin' to get a breath of air started and waiting for my bugged eyes to go back in their sockets.

LOL, pee waddins? OMG I didn't think anyone but me said that anymore!

I think the only thing I haven't run into under a house is a skunk. Everything else, sometimes a lot, just never a skunk. Rats are the worst by far. Although snakes are not good, either.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I was about 19 or 20 and went to help the neighbor out and fix a broken pipe, I got about 20 feet in when something jumped on my back I lunged and jumped and tried to stand up in a 20 inch space and split my wig then i realised it was her flippin cat. you should of see the sight a bloody man chasing a cat thru the yard with a shovel .
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Totally harmless unless you stick your hand in it's mouth. They shouldn't be punished for killingit. They should be punished for being too stupid to be camp counselors...
    "Evil triumphs when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke [1729-1797]

Or happen to pick one up by the tail. They have some sharp claws and teeth. I have a couple of buddies that can attest to that. Several stitches and bandaids later.

But yeah, I'm not sure who the dumber animal was, the possum or the counselors. Wasn't that a great example for the kids that witnessed it?

Starving Artist

I never knew there was such a thing as a live possum. Only ones I ever saw were roadkills...

Q. Why did the chicken cross the road?
    A. To prove to the possum it could be done.
    Dennis K.
    Not all who wander are lost.
    www.AnthemBrass.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis K. View Post
    I never knew there was such a thing as a live possum. Only ones I ever saw were roadkills...

Q. Why did the chicken cross the road?
    A. To prove to the possum it could be done.
    I always thought that was only true for armadillo.

I dunno, why kill anything you don't have to.
    Earth - love it or leave it.

FireSteel.com

Thany you for that link , its a lot more detailed than what the news originaly aired, when it first aired there main focus was on the animal being killed and how, didnt hear anything about the young in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by rebel_chick View Post
    LOL, pee waddins? OMG I didn't think anyone but me said that anymore!

I didn't know anyone ever said that.

I knew a guy who tried to release a raccoon and got a chewed up forearm for his troubles. He had it under a peach basket and tipped it over with a broom. The thing jumped and attached itself to his arm.

Mac
    The Colhane Channel TV for guys like me.

And the Guy that was called wasnt from animal control unless they sub to a private animal removal service. cause the name was wildlife (somthing) company and they interviewed him on the news about the incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Pict View Post
    I didn't know anyone ever said that.

I knew a guy who tried to release a raccoon and got a chewed up forearm for his troubles. He had it under a peach basket and tipped it over with a broom. The thing jumped and attached itself to his arm.

Mac
    Racoons are mean Ive seen new hunting dogs ruined by a coon.

I just realised something, This DVR stuff is killing me, I thought that the news I saw was current IT WASNT it was a show my wife recorded and watched the other night, so it wasnt just the other day this happend but rather a couple weeks ago.