Thread: Mini First Aid Kit

Default Mini First Aid Kit

I read of people having mini surival kits and even fire-starting kits that are small enough to fit in an altoids can. But why never a mini first aid kit that will fit in the altoids can? Think of all the things you could fit in there.

Bandaids
    gauze pads
    alcohol swaps
    super glue
    tape
    needle
    thread
    etc...

Plus the things you could wrap on the outside like a bandana and more tape.
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

My "mini" first aid kit is too large to fit an Altoids. There are just too many things I want along with me in terms of first aid that I don't want to skimp on it. I think your idea is good and warrants consideration but my personal choice is to carry more items than that.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I have a mini first aid kit that looks like a very small backpack and it fits onto your belt. It has 5 zippered pockets and I can carry a nice assortment of first aid supplies. My first aid kit is something that I don't skimp on.
    Take only what you need, and leave the rest.

I carry a pocket first aid kit , although not in an altoids tin. has just the basics , band aids, tweezers, alcohol wipes, antibiotic cream, couple small gauze pads , and a few strips of tape. packed neatly in a business card folding wallet.
    Since there is always a trauma kit in my truck and a large first aid kit in my wifes the these basics are all i need on my person.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Small first aid kits have their place. I carry one - designed to be able to clean and disinfect small cuts.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

For me, no kit is complete without some surgi-strips, safety pins, asprin, and epi-pen. Small but very useful items. Also, after a friend had an exceedingly long wait to get her knee stitched up, percocet is now in all kits.
    I'll rest when I'm dead...

I've got a kit that someone gave me as a promotional item that is the size of an altoid can, lol. My personal kid is much heftier though.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkansas_Ranger View Post
    I've got a kit that someone gave me as a promotional item that is the size of an altoid can, lol. My personal kid is much heftier though.
    Maybe if you put him on a diet.....

Sorry AR - I couldn't help myself.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Mini first aid kit is only when you have the "one" item to save your life....Utter....wise no such thingy

Is it just me or is English just gettin' harder to understand?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Is it just me or is English just gettin' harder to understand?

I love a fight

I don't mind a good fight as long as I can understand what I'm fighting about.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

MMhmMmmm

I have a custom first aid kit in my go-to bag, but for hiking we have a commercial "light weight" hiking kit... I haven't even gone through it but I need to, and adjust... it's about the size of a closed fist. Altoids can, probably to small, for even 1 ace bandage. (In my bag I have SAM splints)
    Mountain Man

Wrap the ace bandage around the outside of the tin if that's what you want to use, then stick the whole thing in a ziplock bag.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

My mini first aid kit keeps growing all the time. Started out just some chapstick, lighter, gauze, tape, tweezers, sun tan lotion, wipes, sanitizer. I keep it in the trk with me and also carry it on trail rides. Some of it is not a neccessity but in this heat it sucks to be without it.

Blog Entries

Cool Hi Rebel Chick.

Welcome to the forum & props to your BF for his ability in getting you to see things that might crop up. 1st, just let me say that it would be more likely for you to run into a survival situation on a trail ride than for WW III to happen. So start with that premise & properly equip yourself when heading out on the trail. I also would suggest that you invest in some topographical maps of the areas you might find yourself in along with a couple of good compasses; then learn how to use them, seperately & together. Again, welcome aboard!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin