Thread: birds?

Default birds?

i know you can eat things like chicken, duck, turkey, and goose but what about things like robin, stork, and crow. i was thinking buzzard but it really isnt to appatizing with what it eats. and would a blow gun made of PVC pipe and darts made of feathers, tape, and toothpicks or paperclip.
    What you seek you never get, so why do we seek peace - unknown

Im ready for any challange that is put before me. If i cant best it i will swallow my pride and ask for help, even from an enemy. - me

Lose your king and you are without a ruler. Lose your army and you have lost all that you had. Your family, your protection, and your hope. - unknown

There are no poisonous birds or mammals in North America. Some taste better than others but all are edible.

To your question on a PVC blow gun, yes. There are a couple of threads on it already. You can use the Search feature and type in "blowguns". You'll get a half dozen threads.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

I prefer pelicans, penguins, pigeons, and parakeets.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

I like Larks, Loons, and Lovebirds.
    (Lovebirds can be tuff......you want the young ones.)
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    I prefer pelicans, penguins, pigeons, and parakeets.
    um when did you eat penguins and parakeets????????? and larks and loons are i belive actually a delicasy. so what would crows, buzzards, and robins taste like??

Im ready for any challange that is put before me. If i cant best it i will swallow my pride and ask for help, even from an enemy. - me

Lose your king and you are without a ruler. Lose your army and you have lost all that you had. Your family, your protection, and your hope. - unknown

Ate a Peacock once.Shot it with a slingshot out of a tree and the Spaniel took it down.I think it died of old age before the dog got it.It was one tough old bird,nice feathers though.All birds in Africa are edible,some more tasty than others.Small birds you pack in mud and bake in the coals.When they are done you remove the mud and all the feathers come off with the mud.You can bake hedgehog like that as well.All the spines come out with the mud.

Just be sure with buzzards to handle them with extreme care. It's a necessity to remove the innards, and VERY carefully. Puncturing that GI tract could infect your meat with some real nasty buggers. As with any scavenger, you also want to make sure it's well cooked. Aside from that, it's a great meal. They've got plenty of meat on them, and it's kind of like a turkey's meat.

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmm.....

Quote Originally Posted by toughsord View Post
    so what would crows, buzzards, and robins taste like??
    They taste like Chicken! No, actually they taste like crows, buzzards, & Robins! Toughsord you've started 3 threads on killing & eating fish, birds, and small, furry animals; are you into survival or just hungry?
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

I'm with sarge on that one. Three threads on food. I'm sure we could just find a KFC around if you really want fowl that badly.

Default no im not just humgry

i really wnat to know because my area has no shortage of edibles , so if im going to spend a day gathering and hunting i want a good survival meal. and as for the daisy pellet gun there is alot of hills and very rough terrain around me. i want the littest pack i can get

MMhmMmmm

Every blujay I've shot has been eaten or in pieces/feathers the next morning... racoons, etc must love them.

And if I`m not careful... my darn dog will eat one.
    Mountain Man

Blog Entries

Cool

i really wnat to know because my area has no shortage of edibles , so if im going to spend a day gathering and hunting i want a good survival meal. and as for the daisy pellet gun there is alot of hills and very rough terrain around me. i want the littest pack i can get
    It's NOT a "survival meal" unless you're in a "survival situation". Besides, in extreme weather, those "edibles" may not be available.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

year round there is rabbits. creek fish and crawdads until the water freezes over. berries in summer and early fall. onions year rounds. and alot of other wild edibles. i have a good selection year round. and numerous times ive done such survival simulators that i have only a few items

Blog Entries

year round there is rabbits. creek fish and crawdads until the water freezes over. berries in summer and early fall. onions year rounds. and alot of other wild edibles. i have a good selection year round. and numerous times ive done such survival simulators that i have only a few items
    You are stroking us, aren't ya'?
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Default huh

stroking??? if you mean like kidding or joking then not really. i do have all that stuff and deer but you cant normaly use those for survival