Thread: Single use iodine or clorine tablets.

Default Single use iodine or clorine tablets.

I'm looking for some single use tablets or vials which are individually wrapped. These would be for water purification of course.
    I'm looking for something to put in a small kit that I carry with me. The iodine tablets from a bottle don't last very long once they are opened, so I am looking for a way to increase their shelf life.

Thanks in advance.
    Have Lights? Thank a Lineman!
    "Being prepared is sometimes inconvenient, but not being prepared is always inconvenient." - Fred Choate

Take a look at the Katadyn Micropur MP 1 Water Purification Tablets. They come in an individually wrapped foil container so you only open what you need each time. The down side is it takes 4 hours to work. The up side is they are good on bacteria, viruses and cysts. Most tablets don't work on viruses.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Thanks. I will look them up.
    Edit to add: Looks to be just what I want. Thanks Again.
    Last edited by aflineman; 07-09-2009 at 03:43 PM.
    Have Lights? Thank a Lineman!
    "Being prepared is sometimes inconvenient, but not being prepared is always inconvenient." - Fred Choate