Thread: survival food

Default survival food

Rat traps - The large ones not the tiny mouse traps.

When I was younger we used to nail rat traps to trees then spread with peanut butter then set the trap, later in the day we most always had a good mess of squirels to eat.

In a heavy squirrel populated area before we had the last trap set you could hear another one snap.

Man, that's a good idea using the rat trap. I got a cousin in Georgia that has squirrels eating the siding off of his house. They use the insulation to pack their nests. He bought a silent, but useful pellet rifle to kill them. But, he has to be careful because the neighbors might turn him into the police for using a weapon in city limits. I'll send him your idea.

These city squirrels taunt the cats so bad. I can get within a few feet of them before they run, too. They are nearly tame and very destructive. They need culling bad. Squirrels have destroyed several of my bird feeders. They figured out I keep the sunflower seed in the washhouse and chewed through an extension cord to get the sliding door opened. I hoped that 110 volt popped them good,too.

Woo boy! I can use it here in my own location to catch squirrels next winter because they eat the phone lines to people's houses all the time. I like squirrel meat marinated in garlic/mesquite marinade and roasted over the coals.
    Last edited by Bowcatz; 03-19-2007 at 11:18 PM.
    With Christ, all things are possible.

wow ive never heard of that rat one before

lmfao a pellet rifle in a city is LEGAL if its on ur property and fired at your property. if you want squirrels dead (non edible) use Stricknine , arsenic , nicotine, or various other poisons i can tell you how 2 get lol