Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: HELP w/Bugging In in NYC

Wasn't she really busy doing production shoots or some type of show biz thing? I live life on the periphery of that field and there are times you can barely get up for air for months at a time.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    Depending on what specific SHTF I'll most likely need
    to stay put because I don't have a car & have nowhere to go really.
    Fighting the crowds on foot on the way off the island
    wouldn't be too wise--I've been around during 9/11 and that's
    merely a taste of what could be in store if anything more serious
    was to take place.
    (The movie "I Am Legend" depicts the bugging out madness pretty well)

No matter how well prepared I am I'll need to band together with
    like minded people if there's a prayer of survival and defending
    against the criminal element.

I haven't seen any posts or even articles anywhere about
    this particular predicament (staying put in a huge city)
    beyond suggestions of getting out.

Any thoughts/suggestions from anyone? Seriously.

SO curious, it is going on 13 years now since you had originally posted this... What changes to your inventory, mind set, and any training or preparedness have you done since this was originally posted?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael aka Mac View Post
    SO curious, it is going on 13 years now since you had originally posted this... What changes to your inventory, mind set, and any training or preparedness have you done since this was originally posted?
    I've come a long ways since then and got as far as humanly possible given the state and city challenges. But the most important prep of all was actually bugging out of NY after 32 years.

Only 8 months later, and I still can't believe how liberating it is to live in the real world. Some things are admittedly harder though, like having to drive anywhere we need to go, endless traffic, accessible first rate medical care, etc. Still...nothing beats the peace of mind and a feeling of safety that comes from living among like minded people.

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    I've come a long ways since then and got as far as humanly possible given the state and city challenges. But the most important prep of all was actually bugging out of NY after 32 years.

Only 8 months later, and I still can't believe how liberating it is to live in the real world. Some things are admittedly harder though, like having to drive anywhere we need to go, endless traffic, accessible first rate medical care, etc. Still...nothing beats the peace of mind and a feeling of safety that comes from living among like minded people.
    Glad to see that you made the move.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel