Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: EMP does NOT effect most autos + everything else you ever wanted to know on EMPs

Uncle.....you win. Believe as you will. I have no intention of debating the theoretical.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Haven't y'all heard, gonna be a super volcano, not an EMP.....saw it on the TV.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Well if we had an EMP at the same time as a polar magnetic shift, the entire earth would become a permanent magnet generator, and nothing would be safe!

Can you hang a permanent magnet generator on the fridge? The grand kids love playing with that stuff.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Senior Member Thaddius Bickerton's Avatar

TO me emp is kind of like reading how to make a fire, until you experience either one, or someone else does, it is all pretty much theory.

Thus I tend to prepare for the worst that could happen and hope for the best. If I'm ready for everything I can be to go wrong in an EMP event (man or nature) then anything else should be manageable.

However, Thank you for that link, and I have bookmarked it and will slowly wade through it. More importantly I have a fellow I know who may be able to follow it and apply his considerable knowledge to this and evaluate the evaluators if that makes sense.

When someone issues a report I kind of look it like the fully informed jury, I want to know the specifics, but I also want to judge the law, or in this case the people and reasoning behind those making this report.

Unfortunately I have found that sometimes agendas can effect what goes into reports, and the current crop of global warming people who are found to have faked evidence is on my mind when any study now comes out.

The scientific community has played little boy who cried wolf quite a few times, and now I think I am from MO and need a "show me" thing to be satisfied.

I do try to not let that creep into my day to day doings, but doubt is a hard monster to conquer.

Thanks for sharing

Thad.
    Thaddius Bickerton