Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Im Surviving And Need Help

SURVIVAL EXPERT

Exclamation Im Surviving And Need Help

im going to survive in northwest indiana im 14 im experienced in survival i have a buck knife (113) 3 multitools including pocketplyers and a hatchet plus an axe even fishing supplys i have a survival am experienced in making fire with bow and drill and also friction boards i know about heat reflection i know how to make 42 diffirent shelters i have an extensive knowlage of edible plants and im experianced hunter/trapper/fisherman/survivalist i am strong (bench 300) and know MANY basic survival skills including how to purify water and i will have a cell phone/gps and radio for emergancys and my father will check on me once a day does everyone think i can do it?

Blog Entries

Honest? Is this a drive-by, or are you asking a serious question here?

Just for starters, can you name/describe the 42 different shelters you know how to make?

And would you be kind enough to post an introduction? http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...splay.php?f=14
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

SURVIVAL EXPERT

Lightbulb yes i can

[QUOTE=Ken;131353]Honest? Is this a drive-by, or are you asking a serious question here?

Just for starters, can you name/describe the 42 different shelters you know how to make?

yes it is jst very time consuming and not all of them have names seeing that i built and tested some myself includeing some like hollowing out a live tree and an A-Frame and a pit shelter plus some cave shelters

EDIT: and yes im TOTALLY serious i love survival its jst something about me i watch all the shows (but Survivorman and Man vs Wild are a little staged) and i have some experiance seeing me my dad and my grandfather were stranded in canada for 1 week and a half longer then we had intended sooooo i learned ALOT and iv been thinking about testing myself like this for some time now
    Last edited by jagjj; 06-30-2009 at 11:41 PM. Reason: UNFINISHED

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jagjj View Post
    Honest? Is this a drive-by, or are you asking a serious question here?

yes it is jst very time consuming and not all of them have names seeing that i built and tested some myself includeing some like hollowing out a live tree and an A-Frame and a pit shelter plus some cave shelters

Humor me. C'mon, list all 42. Please! I'm sure there are some I've never heard of before, and I'm here to learn, too.

And just why would you want to hollow out a live tree, especially one big enough to provide you with shelter? Does the phrase "Leave No Trace" mean anything to you?

Now, if you are:

"experienced in making fire with bow and drill and also friction boards" and

"know about heat reflection" and

"know how to make 42 diffirent shelters" and

"have an extensive knowlage of edible plants" and are an

"experianced hunter/trapper/fisherman/survivalist" and are

"strong (bench 300)" and

"know MANY basic survival skills including how to purify water" and

"will have a cell phone/gps and radio for emergancys" and your

"father will check on (you) once a day"

Why aren't you an instructor at a top notch survival school? What type of help are you asking us for?
    Last edited by Ken; 06-30-2009 at 11:55 PM.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

[QUOTE=Ken;131356]

Humor me. C'mon, list all 42. Please! I'm sure there are some I've never heard of before, and I'm here to learn, too.

And just why would you want to hollow out a live tree, especially one big enough to provide you with shelter? Does the phrase "Leave No Trace" mean anything to you?

Now, if you are:

"experienced in making fire with bow and drill and also friction boards" and

"know about heat reflection" and

"know how to make 42 diffirent shelters" and

"have an extensive knowlage of edible plants" and are an

"experianced hunter/trapper/fisherman/survivalist" and are

"strong (bench 300)" and

"know MANY basic survival skills including how to purify water" and

"will have a cell phone/gps and radio for emergancys" and your

"father will check on (you) once a day"

Why aren't you an instructor at a top notch survival school? What type of help are you asking us for?
    Oh man, you call it like you see it, don't you, Ken?
    -------------
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

-Mark Twain

Blog Entries

[quote=Max;131357]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post

Oh man, you call it like you see it, don't you, Ken?
    For some reason that I can't put my finger on just yet, I think we are being stroked here.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

retired American

I am not trying to be rude or hurtful but as I am sure you are very intelligent, having learned more in 14 years apparently than I have in 56, that you now apply some of this intelligence in learning the English language.

SURVIVAL EXPERT

frame, a-frame, lean 2, tree, bongo, buella, cot-tent, debris shelter, snow hole, roof-frame, hole, roofed-cave, buella 2, wigwam, teepee, tarptree, tree house (for a long survival time), man made cave, washed out riverbank, pine-cot, domed a-frame, quad support, bushcutter, roofed hammock, snow cave, roofed boat, adora, Umbrellaweave, wind-tunnel (my design for hot summer days), river bog, swamp smelt, cave intor, dam, hut, fallen tree dugout, fire wall, reflection, anti bear, ditch beds, fire wall, supported branch, Tiedown hut
    :smile:

retired American

Perhaps I should also, as the last posting was not grammatically correct. I was so awestruck and humbled by 14 year old jagjji that I forgot how to write English. Or maybe I have just been in Thailand too long.

SURVIVAL EXPERT

Quote Originally Posted by chiangmaimav View Post
    I am not trying to be rude or hurtful but as I am sure you are very intelligent, having learned more in 14 years apparently than I have in 56, that you now apply some of this intelligence in learning the English language.
    srry bout the typoes im not proofing and i study this cause i love doing it and i was inspired by the book hatchet at age 3 soo iv been doing this since 5 when i could read myself

SURVIVAL EXPERT

Unhappy

[QUOTE=Ken;131358]
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post

For some reason that I can't put my finger on just yet, I think we are being stroked here.
    and ken i am not lieing as you can see i love survival and have studied it and i would like to be an instructor when i grow up

I'm with Ken: what's the actual question?
    -------------
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

-Mark Twain

SURVIVAL EXPERT

the question is do you think i am adequetly educated/geared for this idea of mine? and i am also asking for possible tips

Blog Entries

the question is do you think i am adequetly educated/geared for this idea of mine? and i am also asking for possible tips
    If you can really do the things you claim, my tip is that you hire a agent and get your own television series.

Really, I'm impressed just by the fact that you can name that number of shelters. May I suggest that you start a thread with a post, including any pictures you have, about each one? If you really know your stuff, I'll bet my backpack (empty) that your thread becomes a "sticky."
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

SURVIVAL EXPERT

If you can really do the things you claim, my tip is that you hire a agent and get your own television series.

Really, I'm impressed just by the fact that you can name that number of shelters. May I suggest that you start a thread with a post, including any pictures you have, about each one? If you really know your stuff, I'll bet my backpack (empty) that your thread becomes a "sticky."
    you have a deal if you put a nice machete in that backpack

Blog Entries

you have a deal if you put a nice machete in that backpack
    I'm not quite sure that would be legal. How about a Toys "R" Us Gift Certificate?
    Last edited by Ken; 07-01-2009 at 12:38 AM.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

SURVIVAL EXPERT

but for some of the pics ill google because there is no snow right now

Banned

I thought I was the only 14 year old that could bench 300. Must be an Indiana farm boy thing. sounds to me that since you're Dad is hoing to be keeping an eye out for you it should be ok.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierarcher View Post
    I thought I was the only 14 year old that could bench 300. Must be an Indiana farm boy thing. sounds to me that since you're Dad is hoing to be keeping an eye out for you it should be ok.
    I thought you were 48.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

I thought you were 48.
    His body is, his mind is back when he was a young man...