Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you want to lead an off-grid community?

Default Do you want to lead an off-grid community?

Hi everyone,

I work for a production company called Raw TV, the company behind Discovery's very successful Gold Rush Alaska and National Geographic's popular Locked Up Abroad. We are currently searching for passionate individuals for an exciting new project.

Do you think you embody the spirit of the American pioneer? Are you fed up with the world you live in today and envisage another - better - way to live? Could you see yourself creating and leading a new community, outside the borders of society, built with the frontier grit of your forefathers? If you are passionate about your beliefs and want to share them, not only with those who join you, but also with a TV audience, I would love to talk to you.

Whether this sounds like something you are planning immediately or is a long term dream, please email your contact details and a brief description of your plans to casting@rawtelevision.co.uk

I know my colleague Poppy posted on this site many months ago, but we are restarting the search and hoping to reach out to your growing community.

Thank you!

Here you go boys and girls. For those of you longing for this sort of thing - here's your opportunity.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Drats!
    You just missed the Ultra Serious Survivalist, "Bilbow"...maybe you can still catch him. He seems to fit the profile.

I've seen many jokes on this particular thing, and its actually here, yet all I do is laugh at it. Maybe if this thread shows visible for some time, you will actually nab a few people who look to do such deeds. But I don't watch TV, don't own a TV, and really don't want to be on TV. Good luck tho, and maybe sometime i'll catch the show at a friends if it actually airs.
    "I would rather live in dangerous freedom than I would peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
    "The purpose of life is a life with a purpose, so i'd rather die for a cause than live a life that is worthless." - Immortal Technique

They gonna supply the whiskey and solarpowered a.c. unit for the fifty acre homestead?
    D.O.M.

Blog Entries

Cool Mmmpppphhh!

SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

With a 1.2 million dollar Solar Tracker, you too can buzz and humm just like a metro penthouse apartment with all the latest toys.

Dude, the entire point of being off-grid is NO NEIGHBORS, not Lord of the Apocolypse compound.

Meh, I own a tv.. But it's hooked up to the Internet..more of a giant monitor really.... Don't watch tv and certainly don't wanna be on TV....

Good luck with that though!
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?" - Patrick Henry

A quest for knowledge is never complete.

The only easy day was yesterday.

No. No. No.
    Wilderness Survival:
    Surviving a temporary situation where you're lost in the wilderness

Come on gang. We've been down this road plenty of times. Give Raw TV a break.

Thank you for giving everyone the opportunity to participate. If anyone is interested then shoot 'em an email.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

No, I'm a serious survivor and we dont like TV

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmm, well now...

We've have an Amish Community here, I'd forward the info if they had electricity, telephone, and/or internet access! They are truly "off-grid!"
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Cool p.s.

Psssst! I hear Bear Grylls is looking for work.
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

In a very respectful tone. NO. We like the life where we are now. Thankyou or maybe no thankyou.

OT
    Never claimed to be an expert. Just use or do what works for me.

Hey, guys, we get at least 2 a week that want us to "join" their village, head off in the bush with their knife and attitude, and of course the serious only guys......
    I say just cut and paste this thread to any and all that come by(older that 18 of course)....Maybe they can hook up?

Then again maybe not, we don't want to be mean to anyone......Never Mind.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by Crabapple Plum View Post
    Dude, the entire point of being off-grid is NO NEIGHBORS, not Lord of the Apocolypse compound.

hehehe!! That's classic!!!

Long term dream? Seems more like a big nightmare to me so No Thanks.
    "I enjoy surviving." Yes, well I certainly hope so as the other side of that is "DEATH!"
    Sarge47

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Come on gang. We've been down this road plenty of times. Give Raw TV a break.

Thank you for giving everyone the opportunity to participate. If anyone is interested then shoot 'em an email.
    Your right. We should be thankful for the opportunity before us. I'm sure there is someone who will bite the bullet and give it a go, and I agree with hunter about the whole copy and paste idea.
    "I would rather live in dangerous freedom than I would peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
    "The purpose of life is a life with a purpose, so i'd rather die for a cause than live a life that is worthless." - Immortal Technique

Surely there has to be a more original idea for a show out there.
    Why not try to think out of the bunker for a change?

I did get a giggle out of the proposition to lead this group. I mean, you would willingly hand the reins over to me? Do I get a bonus if I cause an absurd amount of drama before being kicked off? hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Lady B
    Why not try to think out of the bunker for a change?
    Oh, you.....you're good. Reeeaal good. My hat's off to ya.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.