Thread: Saw a sad thing today

Default Saw a sad thing today

Me and wife was on the freeway just South of Salt Lake City and we saw someones BOB in the middle of the road getting run over and over again and it all looked like new equipment.
    A mouse ate a hole in my lumpy chair.

Why didn't you stop and check it out yourself ? I would have stopped and at least got it out of the road.
    Take only what you need, and leave the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by vthompson View Post
    Why didn't you stop and check it out yourself ? I would have stopped and at least got it out of the road.
    That would have been an unsurvivable situation and I do appreciate you concern for the other motorists
    A mouse ate a hole in my lumpy chair.

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmm.....

Sounds like the BOB decided to "Bug-Out" on it's own.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

I stop and pick up stuff in the road all the time. It drives my wife nuts. That screw driver is just like 4.95 laying in the road.

Would you stop for a 5 dollar bill in the road? I ask.
    Sure.
    Case closed.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

I stopped for an otter once in S. Ga. The nose touched the one side of the F-150 and the tail was laying across touching the other side. Boy was he a big otter, I called him King Otter, let's just say he was well endowed.

He had been struck on the head with not much damage probably about 15 minutes before I saw him. His body was still warm.

Skinned him out and tanned the hide. Traded him for an osage stave and some English flint.

Not a bad trade, roadkill for sticks and stones.

Gotta love primitive skills.

Quote Originally Posted by FVR View Post
    I stopped for an otter once in S. Ga. The nose touched the one side of the F-150 and the tail was laying across touching the other side. Boy was he a big otter, I called him King Otter, let's just say he was well endowed.

He had been struck on the head with not much damage probably about 15 minutes before I saw him. His body was still warm.

Skinned him out and tanned the hide. Traded him for an osage stave and some English flint.

Not a bad trade, roadkill for sticks and stones.

Gotta love primitive skills.
    What's that old saying?

Sticks and stones will break your bones........but they won't get you to the otter side of the road.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

One of my ex girlfriends thought I was nuts for stopping once to move a snapping turtle out of the road. The guy must have weighed 30+ pounds.
    Surviving the Fellini Kroger since 1993

Quote Originally Posted by doren View Post
    One of my ex girlfriends thought I was nuts for stopping once to move a snapping turtle out of the road. The guy must have weighed 30+ pounds.
    We stop and save box turtles all the time!!! My wife saves any critter in the road. One time I was stuck in traffic and got out of my car to pick up a whole BIG spool of wee eater line. Im still using that spool to this day!