Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freshwater Fishing

Meskin Billies? Is that anything like a Red Neksican? (snort, chuckle) You started it.

So, Glockcop, once you buy all that stuff then the bass must run about $38.70 a pound? LOL.

You can catch my show week-nights at 7 and 9 in the lounge.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I used to go for all that sport fishing crap......2-4lb test line, ultra light tackle, etc. No more! I eat what I catch , just as I eat what I hunt. Well I dont hunt with a net gun or an air soft, so my line is 80lb test. If I hook it, it's comming to daddy!
    I know what hunts you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Meskin Billies? Is that anything like a Red Neksican? (snort, chuckle) You started it.

So, Glockcop, once you buy all that stuff then the bass must run about $38.70 a pound? LOL.

You can catch my show week-nights at 7 and 9 in the lounge.
    Dude thats a good one. I have to remember that. If I join another forum I know what screen name I am using. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    I'm into "Fly-Fishing/Tying myself. I find it very enjoyable. There's something really special about catching a fish with a lure you've made yourself.
    Same here.and after over 50 years of fly tying(fresh & salt) I have amass'd a bunch of material.

Quote Originally Posted by panch0 View Post
    Dude thats a good one. I have to remember that. If I join another forum I know what screen name I am using. Lol.
    There's that talk of other forums again. How do these rumors get started?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Yes. all that jargon was about fishing. ultra is the way to go. you'll have more fun than a priest at a little league game. sorry , bad joke, but believe me it is super fun man.

I enjoy fishing. I will be goin' trout fishing in the morning (plus a little camping lakeside also). I just need to catch some nightcrawlers this evening.
    Have Lights? Thank a Lineman!
    "Being prepared is sometimes inconvenient, but not being prepared is always inconvenient." - Fred Choate

Aflineman, that sounds pretty good. How can ya loose when ya combine campin' n fishin'. Let us know how it goes. We don't have fresh water trout down her but a camping/sacalaite (French colocquial term for crappie) trip sounds great to me. I just realized how bad my spelling has become. "Too many beers for too many years", I guess.

Gone fishin' in the mornin' myself! Shellcracker and Catfish! Maybe I'll have some pics for ya'll!
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

Cool cowboy. Good luck.

Default Fishin

When fishin for fun I like med to light tackle on at least a graphite rod may use lures or live bait dpending on the conditions and/or fish I am after. I fish both fresh and salt water. When lookin to fill my freezer I use jug and trot lines, and when I was in louisiana we also dropped crab traps and trawled for shrimp on our way out to fish and picked em up on the way back in. Freezer was always full of blue crab, speckled sea trout, red fish and shrimp growin up. Also did my share of crawfishin. Jug/trot lines may be baited with anything from homemade stink baits to shrimp or even hotdogs. My first set of jugs were old soda bottles...now I done gradiated to pvc...lol

D.O.M.