Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you carry on your person in public?

Default What do you carry on your person in public?

What do you carry on your person in public at all times? I carry my fixed blade, my multi-tool, my magnesium fire starter, and my mini-maglite.

Personally, I carry a variety of items. I wear military BDU's on a daily basis and I keep the cargo pockets filled with gear. I carry a firesteel, a pencil sharpener, steel wool and dryer lint in an empty prescription bottle,a bandana, a Fenix PD30 flashlight, spare batteries, a whistle, a photon II Flashlight on my keychain, a fishing kit with hooks, sinkers,and 30yds.of fishing line, a multi-tool on my belt, a Gerber Freeman Folder in my pocket and I am sure that I left something out.
    Take only what you need, and leave the rest.

I carry my Spyderco folding knife, outdoor and indoor glasses, harmonica, wallet, and my big leather jacket loaded with pockets.

depending on where i am going i carry different items. but there are certain items i have on me all the time.

since i love photography i usually carry my nikon with me with a couple of lenses. i carry a first aid kit. i also carry a Maratac 9290 AA Tactical Flashlight, my benchmade griptillian folder, and a EDC kit that i put together inside a pocket organizer. the contents in my EDC kit are: a ziplock bag with q-tips and cotton balls, a bic lighter, a mini bottle of motrin and aspirin, ink pen, permanent marker, a pen screw driver that has a flat head and philips head, a mini pry bar, torque set for my folder, diamond sharpening rod, and my mini swiss army blade. i also carry my wallet, chapstick and cell phone with me wherever i go.
    how dare i call this love and not bare my cross

Bear Clan

A CRKT M16, small Benchmade folder, my Glock 32, my IPhone, lighter, smokes, cash, and spare .357 Sig rounds in my pocket. Never leave home without the Oakleys either.
    Last edited by Antifeds; 06-22-2009 at 01:52 AM.

Compass, firesteel, photon light, char cloth, P51, ID, Howler whistle, Cell phone, Old Timer pocket knife.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Usually I have a firearm, extra ammunition, two folding knives, small lighter, fire steel, small container of tinder, 50# fishing line, whistle, pepper spray, two small flash lights, magnifying glass, 25 ft paracord, cell phone, wallet, keys.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    Usually I have a firearm, extra ammunition, two folding knives, small lighter, fire steel, small container of tinder, 50# fishing line, whistle, pepper spray, two small flash lights, magnifying glass, 25 ft paracord, cell phone, wallet, keys.
    And a good pair of suspenders to keep his pants up. (snort, chuckle)
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Oh yeah - I forgot - Leatherman Wave........as I pull my pants back up.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Wallet, cellphone, Zippo, keys, Cold Steel folder, Leatherman, 12ft of 550 cord in my bootlaces. With all the flash storms leading to power outages lately, I may start carrying my flashlight.
    Surviving the Fellini Kroger since 1993

Blog Entries

Cool Well, you asked...

I carry my wallet since it has my CDL in it, my keys so I can get back in the house after I leave, at least 2 decks of cards on my belt in case I need to perform at any given time, a fanny pack with more performing stuff, & my cell phone.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Pocket knife (trusty Barlow), wallet, cell, keys and a good attitude
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

Usually and depending on where I might be going Beretta 45. I always have a SOG Flash II, SAK, wallet, keychain light, glasses. I use a walking stick because I look old enough to need one and first line of defense. I will leave the 45, knives in the vehicle if I might go where they aren't welcome, but I can always carry the walking stick. Oh I forgot the cell phone(to call for HELP)
    Last edited by Ole WV Coot; 06-22-2009 at 09:17 AM. Reason: forgot phone
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.

Pocket knife, Chapstick, Glock 26, flashlight, and a hairtie.

Blog Entries

During "business" hours: Wallet, watch, keys with photon light, SAK, 2 Bic Lighters, howler whistle, mints, cash, cell phone with internet/e-mail/TV/GPS Navigator, car alarm remote: http://www.compustar.com/main.htm, .32 Beretta Tomcat, kleenex pack, pocket calendar, pocket notebook, flash mirror, business cards, 3 pens, checkbook.

All other times: Wallet, watch, keys with photon light, SAK, PSK [with 2 Bic Lighters, 2nd. photon light, howler whistle, tinder, flash mirror, etc.] mints, cash, cell phone with internet/e-mail/TV/GPS Navigator, car alarm remote, .32 Beretta Tomcat, kleenex pack, and pen.

I keep a fully loaded pack in my car at all times as well as a Garmin GPS, iPod, tool kit, serious first aid kit, two LOADED duffel bags, a spare briefcase, etc. If it isn't in my car, I can live without it for at least 2 weeks. I'm almost never more than 200 yards from my car.
    Last edited by Ken; 06-22-2009 at 11:04 AM.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    During "business" hours: Wallet, watch, keys with photon light, SAK, 2 Bic Lighters, howler whistle, mints, cash, cell phone with internet/e-mail/TV/GPS Navigator, car alarm remote: http://www.compustar.com/main.htm, .32 Beretta Tomcat, kleenex pack, pocket calendar, pocket notebook, flash mirror, business cards, 3 pens, checkbook.

All other times: Wallet, watch, keys with photon light, SAK, PSK [with 2 Bic Lighters, 2nd. photon light, howler whistle, tinder, flash mirror, etc.] mints, cash, cell phone with internet/e-mail/TV/GPS Navigator, car alarm remote, .32 Beretta Tomcat, kleenex pack, and pen.

I keep a fully loaded pack in my car at all times as well as a Garmin GPS, iPod, tool kit, serious first aid kit, two LOADED duffel bags, a spare briefcase, etc. If it isn't in my car, I can live without it for at least 2 weeks. I'm almost never more than 200 yards from my car.
    If I had that much stuff in my pockets, I probably won't go more than 200 yds from my truck, either! (I'm out of shape.)LOL

I normally only have my wallet, keys, cell phone, smokes & lighter.
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

I'll bet he makes the metal detectors at the court house melt down.

S&W sog folder, taurus 9mm 24/7 spare mags and sure fire light magnesium fire starter in waist pack iphone, wallet, cash, keys pheonix .22 in ankle holster

I also carry my Kel-Tec PF9. Forgot to mention that and my wallet and keys.

I'm pretty new to "survival thinking", but sitting here thinking about it, finding my truck, in a survival situation, would be near to hitting the mother-load. I'm a grading contractor, and work out of my truck, mostly. There's a lot of useful stuff in there! LOL
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"