Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are You Ready?

Default Are You Ready?

I don't know how many of you have been following the new lately?
    Something you might consider is what is going on in Iran right now.
    There is mass protest being scheduled here in U.S. by Iranian citizens wanting your president to step in and interfere with there Government.
    Where is this our concern and why get involved in a Revolution in that country if it takes place?
    If riots start breaking out here in our country because of this what is going to take place here in our country?
    If riots start breaking out all over the country in major cities,what action is your government going to take then?
    Martial Law?
    Restricted Travel?
    Food Shortage?
    Lack of Gas?

These are just some of my concerns right now.
    People on here will say I am paranoid and don't worry about it.
    Oh well,so be it.
    I am ready!
    ARE YOU????
    "We view ourselves on the eve of battle. We are nerved for the contest, and must conquer or perish. It is vain to look for present aid: None is at hand. We must now act or abandon all hope! Rally to the standard,and be no longer the scoff of mercenary tongues! Be men,be free men,that your children may bless their father's name."(Sam Houston)

Actually I have a more serious concern that what you have described. My refrigerator broke .
    Think about it, we have had demonstrations throughout our history and none have resulted in anything like you described as potential US Government actions. I am not sure, but I am guessing that the total number of Iranians in the US is well under a million and of those I would guess 95% plus are not going to go running into the street with their hair on fire. Get a gripand worry about something important
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by Pal334 View Post
    Actually I have a more serious concern that what you have described. My refrigerator broke .
    Think about it, we have had demonstrations throughout our history and none have resulted in anything like you described as potential US Government actions. I am not sure, but I am guessing that the total number of Iranians in the US is well under a million and of those I would guess 95% plus are not going to go running into the street with their hair on fire. Get a grip and worry about something important
    OK I will do that.
    I wont worry about what is going on in Iran,or North Korea,or the Ship that our NAVY is following that has Illegal weapons from North Korea on it.
    No need to worry about demonstrations of Iranians here.
    All Sheeple Remain Calm
    "We view ourselves on the eve of battle. We are nerved for the contest, and must conquer or perish. It is vain to look for present aid: None is at hand. We must now act or abandon all hope! Rally to the standard,and be no longer the scoff of mercenary tongues! Be men,be free men,that your children may bless their father's name."(Sam Houston)

I don't know about you Tex,but I am going to put my big boy pants on and deal with it.
    That is, if it ever happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief View Post
    I don't know about you Tex,but I am going to put my big boy pants on and deal with it.
    That is, if it ever happens.
    Got em on now and prepared if does happen?
    This is just something wanted to get other people's input on what they would do IF?

Common sense will tell you that the world wide issues should be of concern to all of us. My comments were directed towards your ridiculous implications that there would be riots and your suppositions:
    "If riots start breaking out all over the country in major cities,what action is your government going to take then?
    Martial Law?
    Restricted Travel?
    Food Shortage?
    Lack of Gas?"

By the way,, I do admire that brilliant statement "All Sheeple Remain Calm "
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

Life is a everyday survival situation when life happens, it nothing more than evaluate the situation and what actions need to be taken.
    Prepair for the worst, hope for the best.
    A mouse ate a hole in my lumpy chair.

Common sense will tell you that the world wide issues should be of concern to all of us. My comments were directed towards your ridiculous implications that there would be riots and your suppositions:
    "If riots start breaking out all over the country in major cities,what action is your government going to take then?
    Martial Law?
    Restricted Travel?
    Food Shortage?
    Lack of Gas?"

Say it isn't so ridiculous!
    This is just a scenario that could happen?

Good statement

Blog Entries

Ranger, my biggest concern about Iran is the possibility that they'll get nukes given the lunatics who run that country.

As far as riots here over the events now taking place in Iran - well let's just say that I'm worried about Pal's refrigerator, too.

And as far as that North Korean ship is concerned - Crash, what's the term? Firing solution? Besides, I think those North Koreans would be mighty pleased to have a McDonald's burger with their kimchee. From what I read, they don't get to eat all that much with all that military spendiing going on there.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Banned
    Blog Entries

SORRY, You must be one of them'thar'wipper-snappers that ain't been alive all that long. Relax, you should have been alive back when we really had $hit to worry about, but did not have time to worry, because we worked 13 hour shifts, building parts for the war, and drove through REAL RIOTS to get to work. You should have grown up when USSR was saying to America, "I will Kill all of your children".

Have you ever worked hard labor 13 hours a day for 4 years straight, have you ever really gone hungry, and watched your SEVEN little brothers on sisters crying with hunger, because your dad made $25.00 per week wages, working 14 hours a day as a dairy farmer for someone else. You need to spend some time in a living hell, then when you know what your able to endure, you'll find a kind of peace. Your living in the greatest country, at her peak........enjoy the moment.....the future will take care of it's self. If you have time, do something useful to help your local community, instead of obsessing about your own survival.
    Last edited by Sourdough; 06-21-2009 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeak View Post
    SORRY, You must be one of them'thar'wipper-snappers that ain't been alive all that long. Relax, you should have been alive back when we really had $hit to worry about, but did not have time to worry, because we worked 13 hour shifts, building parts for the war, and drove through REAL RIOTS to get to work. You should have grown up when USSR was saying to America, "I will Kill all of your children".

Have you ever worked hard labor 13 hours a day for 4 years straight, have you ever really gone hungry, and watched you little brothers on sisters crying with hunger, because your dad made $25.00 per week wages, working 14 hours a day as a dairy farmer for someone else. You need to spend some time in a living hell, then when you know what your able to endure, you'll find a kind of peace. Your living in the greatest country, at her peak........enjoy the moment.....the future will take care of it's self. If you have time do something useful to help your local community, instead of obsessing about your own survival.
    I work everyday(10-16 hours) trying to survive now.
    Went from making $80,000/year last year!
    Now having to try and get $15.00/hr. now!
    Had my Dad be without work for 6-9 months out of the year due to Local#211 not having any work for him.
    Not having Food all the time and eating alot of Beans and Rice.
    Being without Electricity some months!
    Granted this don't apply to what you had to go thru.
    My bad.
    And as for my own survival I am not only thinking about myself,But my family also.
    I will agree with you about this being the greatest country!
    At it's peak? well they say once you peak you crash afterwards?

Be very wary little one. Desperation leads people to see things that don't exist such as an attempt to quote me:
    "Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pal334
    Martial Law?
    Restricted Travel?
    Food Shortage?
    Lack of Gas?"

Good statement "

And inserting your own words (highlighted in red) to make it appear that I wrote them (which I did not). THe glory is, we are in a free country and you and I are free to disagree

Blog Entries

You gonna' be needing any ice, Pal?
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Naah,, I just finished the last of the Ben and Jerrys, so life is good The beer is not fairing so well. Have a small one in the workshop that will get us by until tomorrow. Assuming no demonstartions in our area

Blog Entries

Assuming no demonstartions in our area
    DEMONSTRATORS ----> Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    [/FONT]
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Rebel View Post
    I will agree with you about this being the greatest country!
    At it's peak? well they say once you peak you crash afterwards?

America really peaked some years ago most likely toward the end of WW II. A lame case could be mounted that it peaked in the late 50's. That said, the decline will be slow. If some country invented a weapon that neutered us, it would be rapid decline. But we should have several decades of military intimidation.

Be very wary little one. Desperation leads people to see things that don't exist such as an attempt to quote me:
    "Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pal334
    Martial Law?
    Restricted Travel?
    Food Shortage?
    Lack of Gas?"

Good statement "

And inserting your own words (highlighted in red) to make it appear that I wrote them (which I did not). THe glory is, we are in a free country and you and I are free to disagree
    Wasn't trying to imply that this was your quote! was trying to place in that area in response

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Actually the demonstration that I fear most, are those in the grocery store with free food I am such a pitifully weak man

Blog Entries

Actually the demonstration that I fear most, are those in the grocery store with free food I am such a pitifully weak man
    Sam's Club. Saturday afternoons. Next time, I'm just gonna' pull a lawn chair off a display and SIT while I enjoy my meal.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

THen we best be on the lookout for and studiously avoid any Iranian food demonstartion, who knows where that would lead