Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possibly the biggest newbie ever.

Welcome Max.... You've found a great place to learn. I am also a novice when it comes to survival skills. I thought I had quite a bit of knowledge about survival when I first logged on here. I quickly and thankfully found out how wrong I was. As for attitude A very wise member of this forum told me "that your attitude and your willingness to learn goes a long way in how you make it" ( Sorry sarge I know that ain't exactly how you said it but I hope I sorta got the basic message of it to max}

Sarge is used to being misquoted. Don't worry about it. The police misquote him. The DA misquotes him. Even the prison paper misquotes him.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Welcome, lots of good folks here.
    You are your dog's best friend....

Welcome aboard.
    The Earth does not belong to us, we belong to the Earth. What befalls the Earth, befalls the sons of the Earth.
    Chief Seattle

Bear Clan

Welcome and remember it has not ate you yet it is food.
    "Most of the luxuries and many of the so-called comforts of life are not only not indispensable, but positive hindrances to the elevation of mankind.”

— Thoreau

Welcome from a fellow Texan.
    I am new to this site myself.
    Hope you learn some skills here. Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    "We view ourselves on the eve of battle. We are nerved for the contest, and must conquer or perish. It is vain to look for present aid: None is at hand. We must now act or abandon all hope! Rally to the standard,and be no longer the scoff of mercenary tongues! Be men,be free men,that your children may bless their father's name."(Sam Houston)

Hiya Max, and welcome to the forum! It's good to see someone come in here being humble and owning their inexperience. This is what makes us able to actually learn from those more knowledgeable than ourselves.

btw, what part of East & Central Texas? I grew up in the Dallas area, but spent most of my summers near Winnsboro or Port Arthur, while my winters were spent in New Mexico and Colorado on my father's hunting expeditions.
    ‎"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."

Hi Victoria,

OK, stick with Pict's definitions (really well done Mac), Hope's advice (his eloquence notwithstanding) and your common sense and attention to meticulous planning and you'll do just fine. Glad to have you on board.

and be careful of Rick, he thinks he's Minister of Everything...drunk with power ever since he became a supermod.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Welcome to the forum!
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Quote Originally Posted by Trax
    and be careful of Rick, he thinks he's Minister of Everything...drunk with power ever since he became a supermod.
    Hey! Watch it! I resemble that remark.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by mountain mama View Post
    btw, what part of East & Central Texas?
    Right now, I'm in Nacogdoches for school. I've been out here three or so years on a permanent basis (or it feels that way, since this degree is taking its sweet time). I'm originally from Pearland, an outlier of the Houston area, but Austin is where I spent most of my life thus far, so it's what I call home. When I was younger, we spent a lot of time in the hill country or the coast, around Wimberley and Blanco for camping and horseback riding, and Rockport, Port Aransas, and Corpus Christi during the summers for fishing.

@ Trax- Duly noted. I am often wary of people named Rick anyway.....
    -------------
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

-Mark Twain

SFA is a good school, although I do believe that back in my day it was more well-known for being "the" party school in Texas....could be why those degrees take longer j/k
    ‎"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."

Quote Originally Posted by mountain mama View Post
    SFA is a good school, although I do believe that back in my day it was more well-known for being "the" party school in Texas....could be why those degrees take longer j/k
    That was my younger college days. I feel bad saying it, but most of the partying was done before being legal, and by the time I reached 21, I didn't feel like it anymore. In fact, I'm rather put off by most of it now. I lead the quiet, boring life with work and school.

However, back in the day, I maintained to my friends that ANY school could be a party school, we were just a lot more vocal about it.....

Now that I think about it, though, it could be the long-term effects of said party school that's taking so long to finish the degree. Oh, bummer.
    -------------
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

-Mark Twain