Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: $&+@%$! Blue Screens

Blog Entries

Default $&+@%$! Blue Screens

My $&+@%$! computer has crashed about 10 times in the last hour. $&+@%$! Windows! Anyway, when it dies, it flashes a blue sreen completely filled with words - for about a split second. WTF is $&+@%$! Microsoft thinking? Flash a $&+@%$! message you can't $&+@%$! possibly read at ya'? $&+@%$! a$$holes!

$&+@%$! computer's only two years old. I think it's time for an Apple.

If I seem to go away quickly, it's because I threw this $&+@%$! piece of sh!t out the $&+@%$! window..........
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Uggghhhh.Mine was doing that the day Hannah was born,except it never would let me back into windows,finally,I just had to wipe it all and start over from scratch,thank God for back ups..... and my computer isn't even a year old yet.....GGGRRRRRRRRR
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Well - since I've been having computer issues as of late as well.....I'd like to hear from those that have tried both - Apple vs PC - what are your thoughts?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Well - since I've been having computer issues as of late as well.....I'd like to hear from those that have tried both - Apple vs PC - what are your thoughts?
    My son has an Apple. Also about 2 years old. It's never crashed once. No viruses. No problems. Ever. And he uses Mozilla, not that $&+@%$! Internet Explorer.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Never even used an apple,so I cant say if they are good or bad,mine is a compac presario.and I have had an issue or 2 with it since I got it,PLUS the restore discs I had them make when I purchased it was no good when I tried to use them......

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

I've heard some good things about these guys http://www.visioncomputers.com/ I guess it's time to start looking before it becomes something that gets pushed to the front of the priortiy list.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I kind of "had too" when the house burned,so my replacement is a laptop,if anything happens now,I can very easily grab it and go.

I bought mine at Best Buy.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

I'm seriously considering a laptop or notebook or whatever the heck they're called now. Seems like they'll do pretty much everything I need them to and take up a lot less space doing it.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I'm seriously considering a laptop or notebook or whatever the heck they're called now. Seems like they'll do pretty much everything I need them to and take up a lot less space doing it.
    Absolutely,I do like mine alot, I have o go to Shelbyville the next three days for inventory of another store,and I am taking it with me,LOL I am a little addicted to the forum,won't be on much through the day,but at least I will have someone to talk to that I "know" while I am there.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Ken is off-line. I wonder if he hit anybody with the computer he threw out the window?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Think we ought to check yahoo for any breaking news stories about flying computers?? Or disgrunteled Lawyers???

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

I have a desktop and had to pick up a laptop for that gig over the winter. I've got a wireless router, too. It's nice to grab the laptop and plop down in the recliner to get on line. Sweet!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I have a desktop and had to pick up a laptop for that gig over the winter. I've got a wireless router, too. It's nice to grab the laptop and plop down in the recliner to get on line. Sweet!
    Sure is,it was nice too when I got mine,the cable company put me almost a month out to come reconnect the cable and internet after the fire,but someone close by had an unsecured network,muahahaha.

I dont recommend that though,my sisters kids found out they could snag an unsecured line by their house,and someone snagged her CC#. Gotta be careful with that.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

I switched completely to laptops. Now days they do everything a desk top does. And just because I had a "geeky" moment and I got a netbook ($299),, not much bigger than an old fashion novel. To make them easier to use, it is fairly simple to plug in a full size monitor, keyboard and mouse. Never did the Apple thing, so can't help you there.
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Just run linux, it's free and just as virus free as a apple. As for the bluescreen then restart, there's actually a setting for that.
    If you Right-Click "My Computer",
    click properties,
    go to the advanced tab,
    click the settings button for startup and recovery,
    uncheck automatically restart,
    then click OK.

Then you'll be able to read the blue screen. Then there's the problem of trying to decypher what the hell all of the error codes mean.
    "I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -- Albert Einstein

Ken,

Here are the error codes on the blue screen:

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

And here is what the error codes mean:

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Ain't that the truth. Sometimes I feel like an analog guy living in a digital world.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

Default You Got it Rough?

Ain't that the truth. Sometimes I feel like an analog guy living in a digital world.
    I need to do some work on mine also. Think I have a tube or two getting weak and the pots are adjusted all the way. I even hear they make monitors in color now. What next, color TV???
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.

In my experience 95% of all computers can be solved by asking yourself a couple of questions

1. Did the problems begin occurring within a couple of days after installing a new program. It doesn't matter if it was an online, or disc install. If the answer is yes, remove the program. If that solves the problem it's a compatibility issue.

2. Did you add new hardware? If the answer is yes. remove and restart. If that solves the problem plug the new hardware to a new location.

3. have you been to any places on the internet that you shouldn't? You can check the taskmanager to see if there is anything new to you listed. While viruses get the most attention, data mining spyware causes most problems in windows.

If all else fails become friends with someone who knows computers that doesn't do tech support for a living.
    Surviving the Fellini Kroger since 1993

Blog Entries

Another 5 times in the last hour. Usually just as I'm finishing typing a post, right before I hit "Submit Reply."
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark