Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Meth Labs

Yep, never thought you could find a meth lab out my way...I live in a VERY rural area, lots of little podunk towns and very little city if any. Wow was I brought into reality when one blew up about a week or so ago about 10 minutes from me.
    Pot used to be the drug of choice in this area...not anymore. Really have to watch our children now days.
    The key to immortality is not having a life worth living, but living a life worth remembering.
    - St. Augustine

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have.
    - Thomas Jefferson

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kris-C...6355540?ref=nf
    www.etsy.com/shop/KrisAndChrisPlaques
    www.politicsbykrista.blogspot.com

read in the local paper the other day , three people were arrested in connection with a mobile meth lab .
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

I am a county deputy and I see labs all the time. We let the State boys handle the clean up. The by-products are very dangerous. The stuff they just toss out the window without regard to anybody's safety. We have explosions on the side of the road because they will throw a 20oz bottle out of their car window after passing an officer(very paranoid also). The bottles have to be "burped" every 20 minutes or so to release the ether fumes. Explosions in the homes usually come from the cooker not soaking the lithium in fuel oil during the process or sweating on the strip. If you are out in the woods or driving down the road and you smell something that smells like ammonia, make note of were you smelled it and call the police. You may also smell ether(starting fluid). Meth is some bad stuff and not to be messed with. If you ever find a bottle with gold beads in it, get away immediately. That means it is still cooking. Just a little info for my friends on here.

Quote Originally Posted by smudd55 View Post
    I am a county deputy and I see labs all the time. We let the State boys handle the clean up. The by-products are very dangerous. The stuff they just toss out the window without regard to anybody's safety. We have explosions on the side of the road because they will throw a 20oz bottle out of their car window after passing an officer(very paranoid also). The bottles have to be "burped" every 20 minutes or so to release the ether fumes. Explosions in the homes usually come from the cooker not soaking the lithium in fuel oil during the process or sweating on the strip. If you are out in the woods or driving down the road and you smell something that smells like ammonia, make note of were you smelled it and call the police. You may also smell ether(starting fluid). Meth is some bad stuff and not to be messed with. If you ever find a bottle with gold beads in it, get away immediately. That means it is still cooking. Just a little info for my friends on here.
    Thanks for the info! I pick up cans along side the road a lot,and also collect caps off coke bottles,and have heard of the "quickie method" of using those bottles to make meth,so I never pick up a bottle unless it is completely empty.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

I know meth was somewhat popular in PA when I lived there. The roofers were all snaggle toothed meth heads on one of the job sites. They didn't show up for like 3 weeks on one stretch. Rural areas are used to cook it in cause you don't generally have nosey neighbors or neighbors at all to smell any of the fumes. Less likely to be caught and they just ship it to the urban areas.

thanks for the info smudd.

Meth, makin pretty girls ugly for 30 years!