Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scenario To Think About!

Default Scenario To Think About!

You are driving on your way to work when all of a sudden, you are run off the road by a black vehicle. 2 gunman jump out of the vehicle and point their handguns at you, insisting that you get in their trunk or they will shoot you. You get out of your car and you are hit over the head and knocked unconcious by one of the gunmen. You wake up many hours later, possibly even a day or so. When You wake up, you find yourself face down on the ground. You find that you have been driven deep into the wilderness and dumped and left for dead.
    You discover that the gunmen took your wallet, cell phone and watch but nothing else. Aside from your cell phone, watch and wallet, you have the clothes on your back and the contents of your pockets. You are lost and alone now, deep in some woods that you are unfamiliar with.
    Now ask yourself.
    CAN I SURVIVE THIS SITUATION?

Tell us what you will do and how you will do it!

This scenario should give you an idea of how prepared you truly are. Let's see what Y'all come up with!

Blog Entries

Cool Wait a minute!

So tell me again, why does it have to be a "black" vehicle?
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Banned
    Blog Entries

Well they drove you there, they did not carry you. So follow the newest set of tire tracks. Or lessen for sounds of human machinery. Every time the road intersects, take the best quality road. Go to the local fixer, give him $10,000.-- to find out who, what, why, where, when, etc. then have a nice quiet conversation with them, about why what they did was wrong. they feed their bodies to the (HFPGBN) Hopeak Foundation for Proper Grizzly Bear Nutrition....

After his posts about senior members and arm chair survivalists I'd really be interested in minuteman answering his own question.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 06-15-2009 at 10:33 PM. Reason: fat fingers
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    So tell me again, why does it have to be a "black" vehicle?

SILLY, Badguys drive Evil Black cars, Goodguys drive white trucks.

SEE GOODGUY........
    Last edited by Sourdough; 12-24-2009 at 05:37 PM.

Blog Entries

Cool Oh...

Quote Originally Posted by hopeak View Post

SEE GOODGUY........
    Oh, okay, thanks for clearing that up, it was really bugging me.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by hopeak View Post

SEE GOODGUY........
    So what about a gray elcamino?
    "I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -- Albert Einstein

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmm.....

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobywan View Post
    So what about a gray elcamino?
    I think that makes you an "anti-hero"; sorta like Clint Eastwood.
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Step 1. Make certain I'm all in one piece. Check myself for any laceration from being knocked unconscious and for any signs of concussion. I'm assuming my cognitive abilities are intact.

Step 2. Attempt to ascertain if I'm alone or if my assailants are still nearby and I'm still in danger.

Step 3. Take a look around and see if I can figure out where I am or at least what type of environment I'm in, what the time of day it is and what kind of weather I might be in for.

Step 4. Take stock of what I have available. On my person or lying around that I can make use of. I'll have my pocket survival kit on my so I have a flashlight, a fire steel, char cloth, a compass and, of course, my pocket knife.

Step 5. As Hopeak said, check the tire tracks. Determine what direction they are heading. If I'm in the middle of the woods the route they took is probably the only way in or out so I'd also start out down the same road.

Step 6. Just keep walking until I begin to see signs of civilization. There are generally some really good road maps in rural areas although, more and more they are disappearing underground. Telephone lines and power lines generally start out large and get smaller as they get further into the country. I'm not talking about cross country transmission lines but local distribution. If you find a road, you can check any cables in the area for their size. Once you start walking if you find the lines are getting bigger then you are getting closer to town. If they are getting smaller then you are getting farther from town. That's a generalization but it will hold true most of the time.

Step 7. Flag down any vehicle that's not black.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

It sounds like a plot line for a new FOX special.

WHEN AMISH GO BAD!!

Thats a lot of effort to just take my wallet with $20, a $5 watch and a pay as you go cell phone.

I must admit that this is a scenario I hadn't considered. I'll have to put some thought to it.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

I'd just lay there and bleed and prey to be rescued
    The way of the canoe is the way of the wilderness and of a freedom almost forgotten- Sigurd Olson

Give me winter, give me dogs... you can keep the rest- Knud Rasmussen

You may have spelled that correctly, too.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Cool Ok...

...let's get serious; OH NO! They stole my $5 watch! Hey; at least they "drove" me here, which means I'm on a road that means if I follow it I should find a house. At least I'm not naked! Funny, I was on my way to work, which is a busy 4 lane highway, when they ran me off of the road. I wonder why all the other drivers didn't stop or at least call the police. I only live a couple miles from my job & it's all in-town driving. I also don't carry any money with me when I go to work, nor a cell phone as the company I work for won't allow drivers of public carriers to have one on them while working ever since that horrible subway accident where the operator had been texting. Nice that they left me my 3 knives, BDU pockets stuffed with survival stuff...They gotta repaint that car though, black is so cliche....
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

I know what's missing. You left out the part about the 8 rounds I fired at those a$$holes before I got out of my car. I'll grant you I may have died on that road, but it's a lot more realistic than the scenario you posted.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

That right there is my problem. I work on a chicken farm down a dirt lane in the middle of nowhere. They just stopped and said, "Howdy" and I howdied them right back. Next thing I knew I was checkin' out the latest edition of "Get Away Cars Monthly" in the trunk of their car. I used my pocket flashlight to thumb through the magazine while we sped off to wherever they dumped me. There was also an old sales slip in the trunk for a new spare tire made out to Bubba Johns. I wonder if he knows they borrowed his car?

The scenario sounds like a bad plot pulled off of Lifetime...
    Turtle Clan/Coffee Addicts Anonymous

This scenario would never play out for me in this manner as I haven't left the house without my personal defense handgun even once in the last two years. Unless I was injured or rendered unconcious when they ran me off the road...this scenario would have ended with a fire fight on the roadway.

Blog Entries

Cool Right on!

Quote Originally Posted by rat31465 View Post
    This scenario would never play out for me in this manner as I haven't left the house without my personal defense handgun even once in the last two years. Unless I was injured or rendered unconcious when they ran me off the road...this scenario would have ended with a fire fight on the roadway.
    These type of scenarios are hardly ever valid, usually some "arm-chair" survivalist with too much time on their hands dreams these things up...the "black car" was a give-away.
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    These type of scenarios are hardly ever valid, usually some "arm-chair" survivalist with too much time on their hands dreams these things up...the "black car" was a give-away.
    Okay, "resident Curmudgeon," is THIS better?

You are driving on your way to work when all of a sudden, you are run off the road by a PINK VOLKSWAGEN. 2 gunman jump out of the vehicle and point their handguns at you, insisting that you get in their trunk or they will shoot you. You get out of your car and you are hit over the head and knocked unconcious by one of the gunmen. You wake up many hours later, possibly even a day or so. When You wake up, you find yourself face down on the ground. You find that you have been driven deep into the wilderness and dumped and left for dead.
    You discover that the gunmen took your wallet, cell phone and watch but nothing else. Aside from your cell phone, watch and wallet, you have the clothes on your back and the contents of your pockets. You are lost and alone now, deep in some woods that you are unfamiliar with.
    Now ask yourself.

This scenario should give you an idea of how prepared you truly are. Let's see what Y'all come up with!
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmm.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Okay, "resident Curmudgeon," is THIS better?

You are driving on your way to work when all of a sudden, you are run off the road by a PINK VOLKSWAGEN. 2 gunman jump out of the vehicle and point their handguns at you, insisting that you get in their trunk or they will shoot you. You get out of your car and you are hit over the head and knocked unconcious by one of the gunmen. You wake up many hours later, possibly even a day or so. When You wake up, you find yourself face down on the ground. You find that you have been driven deep into the wilderness and dumped and left for dead.
    Now ask yourself.

So I was attacked by two "gay" bad guys? I'm never going to live this down!
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin