Thread: Survival living

Live simple-Live free

Default Survival living

OK. It's official. I'm living in the woods. I have myself squared away now. sold most everything, gave the rest away. moved to camp last night. I have clothes and supplies cached in a couple locations. I'm next to a river so i'll be doing more fishing now. I've always been comfortable in the woods skill wise, but i know theres alot more i'm going to learn now. let the fun begin!!

congratulations on living the dream keep us posted
    th wife and i have just purchased 76.5 acres about 1.5 hrs outside of town a nice quiet homestead for us to practice wild edibles and home gown food also very excited so i can related to your adventure.

Blog Entries

Question Question.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    OK. It's official. I'm living in the woods. I have myself squared away now. sold most everything, gave the rest away. moved to camp last night. I have clothes and supplies cached in a couple locations. I'm next to a river so i'll be doing more fishing now. I've always been comfortable in the woods skill wise, but i know theres alot more i'm going to learn now. let the fun begin!!
    How then, are you able to read and respond to this forum?
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Do you get wifi in the woods?

On one hand, it isn't really primitive, on the other hand, keeping an Internet connection would be a valuable tool for recording your experiences.

I wish you the best .Live the dream.

Good luck on your new lifestyle. Don't let the critters get into your caches.

Live simple-Live free

Yes i have wifi in the woods lol.... I'm not escaping in the woods to live as a recluse. I am living a more primitive lifestyle. sleep in the woods, fish, hunt for some,food but not all of it. I don't think one could completely disengage from the world unless your a tribesman in some undiscovered location. I'll keep you informed.

Default sounds great

I wish you every success Nomad. Definitely keep us posted.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

no ****. when i say i am out. it will be the last you here from me. WiFi? thats not the woods that is within walking distance.

Live simple-Live free

No Ryan, i'm not in walking distance of wi-fi. I use an oak sapling covered in pine pitch and dip the tip in owl droppings. works better than wi-fi. Seriously though, your too serious.

Red face shelter

what type of shelter do you have. good luck

Live simple-Live free

what's up sam. Right now i have a small tent but i'm in the process of building a more permanent structure in a more secure location. When i'm finished you'll have to be practically standing on it to see it. It will be a modified lean to style shelter.

have you thought of an under ground shelter, if done right it will be almost invisable