Thread: my wild food apprenticeship

Default my wild food apprenticeship

well, after 2 years of studying mostly on my own, i have learned some from allan beauchamp and been to a wild edibles class(3 day) i have found a german lady that grew up in germany a little girl during WW2 and moved to canada when she was 18 and became a farmers wife, but she lives mostly on wild edibles, today was our first meeting, lunch and tea, so much info soooooo much to learn but an awesome source to have only 10 minutes up the road will help my education out, because the trick is not just knowing what the plant is and that you can eat it but making it palateable, what an awesome lunch i just had, hope to be able to pass on what i learn here to ya"ll
    always be prepared-prepare all ways
    http://wareaglesurvival.blogspot.com

awesome resource. The wisdom of the ages is certainly not to be turned down. Looking forward to the "nuggets" you are able to share
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Blog Entries

Thanks! I can usually find lots of things to eat. Enjoying many of them is a whole different issue.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

ok take example today i will name one thing i did not know you could eat, that is the leaves of mullein, i knew about usuing it as wilderness tiolet paper or diaper or pad for bleeding, but she made up a batter of flour one egg, small bit of milk and teapspoon of water, make it thin not like pancake batter, then heat up oil, she used meullein leaves, live long and chive heads, man great stuff

Blog Entries

A somewhat similar dish is done with fresh stringbeans. I fry up seven or eight of then side by side, pile 'em on top of each other, and then pour a bit of batter like you desribed - or sometimes just an egg that's been whisked, over the top. I make a pile of these things. They're great hot or straight out of the refrigerator. Just sprinkle a bit of salt on top and enjoy.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

i prefer the wild stuff over the domestic but i will also be learning how to do a garden and can and dry herbs, i am stoked about this, as she is as that most folks think she is a little ecentric for living off the land but i repsect it and she enjoys that

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle69 View Post
    as she is as that most folks think she is a little ecentric for living off the land but i repsect it and she enjoys that
    That's a good thing. You've got your own private "reference library" and personal guide all to yourself.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

wareagle.... some guys have all the luck! I have learned the little i know the hard way ( on my own) Plus being married to a city girl doesn't help but I still Love her. Wish I had someone to "mentor me" and teach me the things I was to learn. So by all means please pass along anything you can, It'll beat my peterson guide(s) anytime

i do have great opportunites here with this lady and with allan bow beauchamp just 20 mins away and a few others i have some great skills to learn