Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: strange things afoot

Default strange things afoot

so whats the weirdest thing you guys have seen out in the wild?
    Mighty cocky for a starvin pilgrim

I have seen my fair share of weird out in the wild, but the weirdest would have to be the time I saw a possum come out of the anus of a large dead dog.

Live simple-Live free

Default wierd things

I would have to say the wierdest things i see are usually in town!

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I would have to say the wierdest things i see are usually in town!
    I absolutely agree.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

I have seen a "bear walker", still do from time to time.
    To thyne self be true

Quote Originally Posted by carcajou garou View Post
    I have seen a "bear walker", still do from time to time.
    What is that?

Quote Originally Posted by ryaninmichigan View Post
    What is that?
    same question....
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

An evil cursed entity, a mix between a "werewolf and demon"
    A "bear walker" is anishnawbee culture entity, I am not anishnawbee, but we use the term loosely so people can have a focal point to describe it, it serves the purpose.
    To thyne self be true

It sounds like you're describing the windigo, cannibals that used to be human according to anishinawbe legends, but have turned into these fearsome creatures because of their craving for human flesh. They also have legends about shape shifters.

No, not a "wendigo", this is was a cursed being sent by some bruho to do an evil deed.
    To thyne self be true

It was never human to begin with, an entity
    To thyne self be true

I've heard legends of both. I'd like to hear more about when and where you saw this thing..

A couple years ago when I was out hiking with my little brother and cousin out in the woods, they were walking out in front of me when they both stopped and started sniffing the air. I was like what are you guys doing, peaches we smell peaches they said, I was about 3 feet behind them and I couldn’t smell a thing so I tolled them maybe it was their imagination. No you have to be right here in order to smell it they said. I thought maybe they were joking with me because they knew peaches were one of my favorite scents, but I stepped forward and the smell hit me and it was really strong, it smelt like someone dropped a bottle of peach shampoo but there was nothing on the ground and when I took a couple steppes back or a couple steps forward I couldn’t smell it, it was just in that one spot in the air. We tried to find the source of it but there was none. We sniffed all the plants and flowers around where the scent was and it wasn’t coming from any of them. The smell just hovered in the air in that one spot like a bubble that was about 2 and a half square feet and though it was strong once you stepped out of that space you couldn’t smell it. It smelled really really good though.

Not as sci fi as a bear walker though lol

Is a bear walker kind of like the bearwolf they clam to have it south east MN / south west WI? I don’t believe in them but I’ve heard of them.

my friends and i thought we saw sasquatch while camping by a river one night... not sure what it could have been but it sure freaked us out!
    Mighty cocky for a starvin pilgrim

Hey owl your close with that south west WI but its not west its east by me. i have never seen one. but there is a road that goes to lake michgan that they travle on. sopposable,

I have spent what some would call to much time in the big woods. any guess what? nothing out there for me

I saw a pigmy Nigerian goat raping chickens in a pen once while working.

In Arkansas no less.

I'd have to agree with one of the above posts, "strangest things in town"

Quote Originally Posted by Dark786 View Post
    Hey owl your close with that south west WI but its not west its east by me. i have never seen one. but there is a road that goes to lake michgan that they travle on. sopposable,
    Oh ok. You know some of the creepiest woods I’ve been in were in WI. My favorite woods are in northeast Wisconsin up by Michigan, really pretty woods but kind of spooky. They got pretty cliffs and bluffs up there too.

Still don’t believe in bear wolves though.

i saw some weird bugs once on a small branch on a tree they looked like little white fuzz so i pluked one off to look at it thinking it was a type of mold or moss or somthing but to my suprise it had tiny little legs on it ! i think there like termintes and eating the wood but im not positive if anyone knows what these are plz tell me im still tryin to figure it out !