Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scope for a Henry Survival .22 (AR-7)

Blog Entries

Cool Well....Shoot!

Quote Originally Posted by HOP View Post
    eqfan592 I have a few questions you may be able to answer after you get your henry set up. One is where wil you store the scope when the rifle is broke down and stored in the stock and also when or if you remove the scope willo it remain true when you place it back on the rifle.
    Rifled shotgun barrels are designed for use with sabot slugs although they will shot different shells the rifling gives a to much spin for ball and shot.
    i store my scope for my AR-7 right in the case that the gun comes in.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

That will work if you carry the case in your pack but the gun is designed to be caried in the butt stock and I beleive that there is no space for the scope there which would cal for removing the scope. Some scope mounts allow the scope to be returned to zero but not to many that take the rings into a grove in the reciever.If you carry the gun asembled all the time you could get by with a more accurate and less expencive fived stock and barrel firearm.
    KNOWLEDGE the ulitmate survival tool

I AM HURT BUT NOT SLAIN, I WILL LIE DOWN AND BLEED A WHILE THEN I WILL RISE UP AND FIGHT AGAIN.

Blog Entries

Cool So?

That will work if you carry the case in your pack but the gun is designed to be caried in the butt stock and I beleive that there is no space for the scope there which would cal for removing the scope. Some scope mounts allow the scope to be returned to zero but not to many that take the rings into a grove in the reciever.If you carry the gun asembled all the time you could get by with a more accurate and less expencive fived stock and barrel firearm.
    If I'm going to take the gun out of the case to store it in my pack then you're right, I can't store the scope also, however, since I can pack a couple of bricks of ammo in there as well,the whole "shootin' match" goes in, case and all.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

eqfan592 I have a few questions you may be able to answer after you get your henry set up. One is where wil you store the scope when the rifle is broke down and stored in the stock and also when or if you remove the scope willo it remain true when you place it back on the rifle.
    Rifled shotgun barrels are designed for use with sabot slugs although they will shot different shells the rifling gives a to much spin for ball and shot.
    No, I won't be able to store the scope in with the rifle, it would have to be stored seperately. My thinking is that, even in a survival situation, I will hopefully have a little bit of time to place the scope on the rifle and zero it. If I don't oh well, but at least I have it with me just in case I can. Doens't hurt to try and take every advantage one can get And thanks for the info on the rifled shotgun barrels! Didn't realize they couldn't use ball and shot

Default Inexpensive but good scope with laser.

Yes an inexpensive 2.5-10X40mm scope w/Laser, can be found at eBay or Amazon for approximately $60..
    It comes with a Picatinny and an 11mm(same as ⅜Dovetail on Henry AR7).
    Search "2.5-10X40 11mm" to find it.
    As stated, considered cheap by those spending hundreds on scopes but a this Scope is a fine choice for a .22 that cost $250.

Reviewed...What I received was not only a well built scope, but one that has features not found in other sights in this price range.
    Add to this, it came with an add on Dovetail factory mount for my Henry Survival .22 Rifle. Just remove the Picatinny with 2 Allen Screws and attach Dovetail.

Scope came with EXTRA Batteries, Allen wrench for Laser, Picatinny and ⅜ (11mm) mount, Clear ended Lens Caps, Lens Cloth and Instruction page.

Laser adjusted to 1st shot pattern then used laser to line in sight. After that it was easy to fine adjust sight in.
    I Noticed NO loosening or misalignment after 100 rounds.

As inexpensive sights go, you can not find a better sight combo laser anywhere for ⅜ Dovetail mount.

Quote Originally Posted by eqfan592 View Post
    I recently picked up a Henry Survival .22 (haven't had a chance to fire it yet) and was looking at picking up a small scope for it. I was wondering if any of you folks that happen to own one (or a similar rifle) have scoped for yours, and if so which type? Also any general suggestions on scopes would be greatly appreciated it.

Thanks!

D

Always good to know but considering this thread is 13 years old I doubt the OP will see it.

Maybe Morgan just types real slow...

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by trax View Post
    I definitely hunt. I just don't believe in killing anything "unnecessarily." I'd be a put the spider outside kind of guy too. I only hunt for food and lots and lots of people have already told me that food is available at the supermarket, but it's a little more complex than that for me. I'd suggest to anyone looking for a "survival" weapon that a shotgun will be a good choice if you pack along some slugs. They're far more effective for large game animals for food, carry shot shells for smaller game and wild fowl.
    I learned the "unnecessarily" lesson as a youth when my Father gave me this insight. We were at my maternal grandparents home and I was shooting my Grandfather's rolling block .22 rifle at anything. I shot a small snowbird of which I was quite proud of my prowess. When I bragged to my Father, he said I told you not to shoot an animal you're not going to eat. He had me bring it in and I plucked the feathers. My Mother cooked it and I ate it. After that, I never shot an animal that I wasn't prepared to eat!
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880