Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: carrying a firearm illegaly in a state park

i once knew a guy that a couple of ppl tried to pull a gun on him, they weren't fast enough he took it from them and beat their asses with it. second the old infirm weak and so on may most likely get the weapon taken from them and used against them.

that being said i am a dual citizen living currently in Canada i was always armed i the us always.. up here only the bad guys have guns and they know it what deterrent do they have none. in AZ no one would ever think of breaking into the ranch why cause lots of guns lived there.

i believe in what? always being prepared.. means that i am always armed even in Canada and i always have my physical training which means if i have to disable an assailant then run the hundred yard dash then so be it...

Blog Entries

I have a good friend who carry a gun while working. He works in the projects in Atlanta alot. I work in the areas sometimes, but don't carry a gun, however the kabar and hammer is nice to have.

Well, he is a carpenter and was walking out of a unit when he got cold cocked, he went down, but then got up. One gent went to raise his gun and he got a 16oz hammer to the head, the second guy got kicked square in the gonads, and the third guys pants fell down, he tripped and got kicked in the head.

Sometimes it just does not pay to mess with a former Green Beret. LOL.

I asked him why he did not pull his gun and he told me that, "hey, they were punks looking for an easy buck, not worth killing."

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle69 View Post
    i once knew a guy that a couple of ppl tried to pull a gun on him, they weren't fast enough he took it from them and beat their asses with it.
    so this happened TWO times where he disarmed someone with a gun? these Chuck Norris stories are fun to read about, but they have no real life applications. or should we just blast the hell out of anyone that we pull a gun on because they could be this Chuck Norris guy who'll disarm us?

second the old infirm weak and so on may most likely get the weapon taken from them and used against them.
    if the weak old guy was contemplating on whether or not to draw his weapon, i guess i can assume that this isn't a scenario where he's in church playing bingo.

so what's the difference between an old guy pulling his gun out and getting his *** beaten with his own gun vs. him not pulling it out and getting his *** beaten with something other than his own gun? at least in the first scenario he had a chance.

first scenario is that the person whom i refer to is a bad muther fuc*** with whom i have done some associating with many moons ago i wouldn't say he was a chuck Norris type just a bad mfer same guy got jumped by four guys had a baseball bat break his neck and back then they threw him in the fast moving Niagara river in mid february and that tough fu** pulled himself out crawled up the embankment and lived.

second scenario the old guy could be at church bingo lots of money sitting around bingo halls for easy pickings problem is that not everyone who carries a gun can use it or will have the will to use it and if it gets taken away from them then the bad guys have another gun on the street to kill innocent mothers and children with

third these stories are fun to read i'm glad you find them entertaining but if you are going to pull a gun on someone you had better be fast and ready to use it. i do not know your back ground but i do know mine maybe you live in a little andy and opie world where you can be delusional about life but i live in reality and listen up here i have survived my battles so far, what have you done opie?
    Last edited by wareagle69; 10-07-2007 at 08:13 AM.

This is a very interesting question. I am going to try and get to the DNR station this week and ask them this question. On what might happen as in you being caught may depend if you are in a state or federal park. I know on the AT, you have to apply for permits. I'll see if I can get over to the station this week and find out.
    "The ability for a person to prevail in a survival situation is based on three factors: survival knowledge, equipment, and will to survive. All are important, but the most important is the will to survive." -Greg Davenport

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle69 View Post
    first scenario is that the person whom i refer to is a bad muther fuc*** with whom i have done some associating with many moons ago i wouldn't say he was a chuck Norris type just a bad mfer same guy got jumped by four guys had a baseball bat break his neck and back then they threw him in the fast moving Niagara river in mid february and that tough fu** pulled himself out crawled up the embankment and lived.
    my point was, if i trained myself mentally and physically for this bad mofo only, then i would be blasting the hell out of anyone that i sense to be of a danger to me. or i can accept that there are Chuck Norrises like him out there, but rarely.....and focus more on trying to not having to shoot someone just because i had to draw my weapon.

second scenario the old guy could be at church bingo lots of money sitting around bingo halls for easy pickings problem is that not everyone who carries a gun can use it or will have the will to use it and if it gets taken away from them then the bad guys have another gun on the street to kill innocent mothers and children with
    so now you're main concern is about a gun being taken from someone who may not be able to use it while being attacked.....and thus the gun being in circulation?

and what should weak, old guys do then? not even consider carrying a gun because it might be taken away from them....and just get beat up and accept that they are easy targets for robbers and muggers? women too?

also, do you have any statistics to prove the number of cases where someone draws a gun and it gets taken away from them by an attacker that's unarmed? i know the anti-gun people talks about this a lot. but can you show actual statistics?

third these stories are fun to read i'm glad you find them entertaining but if you are going to pull a gun on someone you had better be fast and ready to use it.
    this goes back to my original argument. nobody knows whether or not they are able to. each situation and succeeding situation....are all different. that's why cops, with all of their training, still gets shot first (while their weapons are drawn) and they die.

i do not know your back ground but i do know mine maybe you live in a little andy and opie world where you can be delusional about life but i live in reality and listen up here i have survived my battles so far, what have you done opie?
    i went to college, have a professional career and live in a nice neighborhood where i don't have to worry as much about bad elements (except when i owned a business in densely populated area). nor do i need to follow cliche's about "being ready to use it if i pulled it", etc....which requires clairvoyance. and this "little andy and opie" place sounds so much better than the dump that you reside in.
    Last edited by saiga7; 10-07-2007 at 09:29 PM.

Blog Entries

Cool Flame off!

Quote Originally Posted by saiga7 View Post
    my point was, if i trained myself mentally and physically for this bad mofo only, then i would be blasting the hell out of anyone that i sense to be of a danger to me. or i can accept that there are Chuck Norrises like him out there, but rarely.....and focus more on trying to not having to shoot someone just because i had to draw my weapon.

so now you're main concern is about a gun being taken from someone who may not be able to use it while being attacked.....and thus the gun being in circulation?

and what should weak, old guys do then? not even consider carrying a gun because it might be taken away from them....and just get beat up and accept that they are easy targets for robbers and muggers? women too?

also, do you have any statistics to prove the number of cases where someone draws a gun and it gets taken away from them by an attacker that's unarmed? i know the anti-gun people talks about this a lot. but can you show actual statistics?

this goes back to my original argument. nobody knows whether or not they are able to. each situation and succeeding situation....are all different. that's why cops, with all of their training, still gets shot first (while their weapons are drawn) and they die.

i went to college, have a professional career and live in a nice neighborhood where i don't have to worry as much about bad elements (except when i owned a business in densely populated area). nor do i need to follow cliche's about "being ready to use it if i pulled it", etc....which requires clairvoyance. and this "little andy and opie" place sounds so much better than the dump that you reside in.
    (Sorry, my son just bought the new Fantastic 4 DVD!) Let's be careful about the flaming, guys, alright? Here's my point Saiga, if I pull it, then I'm gonna use it! forget about cliches. That's why I'm in agreement with FVR's policy of not carrying a gun where I might feel I have too. Besides, haven't we strayed from the original intent of this thread? I believe the question was if any of us would carry in a state park, or other "illeagal" area, right? I most likely wouldn't, and my wife's sister was brutally murdered in a state park about 10 miles from here! A gun wouldn't have been the answer as she was talking to her soon-to-be-ex-husband, and he murdered her in a very horrible manner. There's my answer, and I don't care who agrees with it or not.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

If someone is trying to kil you in a state park and you have nothing to defend your self with they will kill you, if you have something to defend your self with your odds of survival go way up. I worked in Corrections for 17 years and have seen humanity at its lowest denominator and many of the convicts would kill just as part of the act of robbery (read no witnesses) I prefer to go prepared going unprepared is not a good survival technique.
    KNOWLEDGE the ulitmate survival tool

I AM HURT BUT NOT SLAIN, I WILL LIE DOWN AND BLEED A WHILE THEN I WILL RISE UP AND FIGHT AGAIN.

i was hoping to hear any stories of how the park ranger reacted...ie. giving people who illegally carried some slack should they had to draw their weapon.

but then again, if they did shoot their attacker, it makes it almost impossible to conceal the fact that a gun was used illegally. i guess this would be where not shooting the guy and trying to scare him off or even buy enough time to run away may be a good choice.

or maybe a warning shot.

Quote Originally Posted by saiga7 View Post
    i was hoping to hear any stories of how the park ranger reacted...ie. giving people who illegally carried some slack should they had to draw their weapon.

but then again, if they did shoot their attacker, it makes it almost impossible to conceal the fact that a gun was used illegally. i guess this would be where not shooting the guy and trying to scare him off or even buy enough time to run away may be a good choice.

or maybe a warning shot.
    rangers are usually more interested in asking if you planned to do any illegal hunting with the rifle/gun they caught you with, rather than if you use it for self defense. Most likely if it's a high enough caliber they'll confiscate it on the spot, but if it's a handgun or a .22 you'll probably get off with a "well be careful."
    WARNING: This post may contain abusive language, textual violence, & a tendency to walk the line.
    This information is confidential and intended for the recipient exclusively. If you are not the recipient please notify the poster immediately and destroy the received post. Any non-member viewer of the private information contained within this post will incur a fee of no more than $25 plus legal costs. By reading this you acknowledge the above and consent to me hunting on your property.

[quote=saiga7;8084]my point was, if i trained myself mentally and physically for this bad mofo only, then i would be blasting the hell out of anyone that i sense to be of a danger to me. or i can accept that there are Chuck Norrises like him out there, but rarely.....and focus more on trying to not having to shoot someone just because i had to draw my weapon.

i went to college, have a professional career and live in a nice neighborhood where i don't have to worry as much about bad elements (except when i owned a business in densely populated area). nor do i need to follow cliche's about "being ready to use it if i pulled it", etc....which requires clairvoyance. and this "little andy and opie" place sounds so much better than the dump that you reside in."

Why are you so concerned about statistics?? Sounds like you work in
    some occupation that deals with numbers...maybe insurance?? The fact is if you are the one in the situation who may need to pull a gun on an attacker all the stats in the world do not amount to a hill of beans,go hide in a corner somewhere and play with your calculater.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Quote Originally Posted by nell67 View Post
    Why are you so concerned about statistics?? Sounds like you work in
    some occupation that deals with numbers...maybe insurance?? The fact is if you are the one in the situation who may need to pull a gun on an attacker all the stats in the world do not amount to a hill of beans, go hide in a corner somewhere and play with your calculater.
    sorry if i don't live in a bad neighborhood and need to be such a toughguy like you. have fun when it's time to retire from your profession of being a toughguy.

Oh my God! Bitterness! Acrimony! Sarcasm! Why can't we all play nice like ol' Trax does. Interesting as this little chitchat has been, I would assume (I know---never assume, it makes an *** out of Uma Thurman, anyhoo...) that any law enforcement officer is not going to cut anyone slack if they're carrying an illegal firearm. I'd go so far as to bet that it's something that any law enforcement officer takes really, really serioiusly.

I'm having trouble picturing some park ranger screaming "FREEZE SUCKER! I saw you drop that drink cup back there on the trail, now you get back there and PICK IT UP! oh....and please keep your .357 concealed better than that, it tends to frighten the other park guests."
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

ok trax you win,I apologize for being rude

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Nooooo...Nell, then I'd have to apologize for being a smart-a##!
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

well number 7 i was going to leave this alone but

get your facts right nell is not a tough guy she is a survivor go back and read all of her posts i have the utmost respect for her.

i do not live in a dump as you say i live in the middle of no where go back and read my posts.

you are not the type of person to carry a firearm legal or not.. you got all defensive and shot your keyboard off quickly not an attribute in carrying a firearm. what i have stated is that i have run on the dark side and also served in combat in both situations i have seen brave men freeze up despite what ppl think it is not easy to take a human life much less deal with your emotions afterwards.

you have not been here long enough to make any assumptions about the validity of ppl here or the ppl that the ppl here may know or have associated with in the past or present.

i do hope you stick around and learn more about us and us about you. try not to take things personally i was using a page out of volwests book and you reacted to the t the way he would have predicted which i found amusing nothing personal but do your research first.

always be prepared....

Thanks Wareagle and Trax

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Default um...I've got a question

Isn't bad elements when them things on your stove won't get hot like they're s'posed to?

case and point: guns suck

Blog Entries

If you carry into a city park, township park, state park, or federal park, I don't care if your carrying a .22 or toting a frig'n howitzer your getting taken to the staton and the gun confiscated, a fine of no less than $2500 and up to 5 years in prison (out in two for good behavior), Federal Law states it is illegal to cary a firearm, or dangerous instrument that produces a projectile. The above mentioned places can add to but not take away from the statute.
    Beo,
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.