Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: carrying a firearm illegaly in a state park

I found this thing used to stab the ground to plant bulbs. Is something like T-1000 would've generated in Terminator 2. Could do some serious stabbing with it. Just bounced into my head.

Blog Entries

Yeh, I stopped my brawling years ago, 15 to be exact. I use to really enjoy fighting, it was just awsome. I know, the rush you are talking about, it's just..........................

I've walked away from about 4 since then. It's hard, but I have too much to lose nowdays. Wife and kids, nice house, dogs, a good job, just not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by FVR View Post
    I have a few friends who have been honing their skills for years. I admire their discipline. I'm sure glad I don't have to go through life thinking they way they do.

I'd rather have a hammer.

If I have a knife, you won't see it.
    I'm with FVR, I avoid problems on the street. I carry a SOG folder for whatever, but I don't look at it as a first defense, heck I wear a size 13 boot with a steel toe that seems to work just fine. I don't trust myself to carry a pistol all the time, seems like a remote control with a BIG off button. I avoid trouble with folks because I don't know how to just rough someone up.

Blog Entries

Be aware of your sourroundings and you will be fine. I also wear steel toes, 24/7, they are just so comfy.

I work in a few bad areas of Atlanta, yet to have a problem. Knock on wood. I keep an eye out, see everything, and always, always have my phone, two knives, a big screw driver or a hammer.

My truck is always close by, it has USMC stickers on it and I have found that most will not want to take a chance. Also, I'm bald and been told I look mean. So, if someone is going to mess with me, they may be a little crazy, so I just take precautions.

Funny, I do the same exact thing in the woods.

Also, I'm bald and been told I look mean.
    Mean? You? Nah.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

FVR you got it right. I worked in many bad areas especially D.C. As I mentioned before I can but don't carry everywhere. I have been in and seen many fights, never saw in all my years two idiots trying to slice & dice each other. I have seen a few, lasted way less than a minute and the guy never knew what hit him. If I had to use mine it wouldn't be seen either, and working I liked a manhole hook myself. At my age I have no option to outrun, but I carry a walking stick which I think is much is faster, deadlier and always underestimated. I am well trained in it's use and it's legal everywhere. Combined with other offenses (I don't ever play defense) I can use I don't worry much except for a gun. Any idiot can pull a trigger.

It's been said many times to never bring a knife to a gun fight. Here's an article where maybe it would have been a good idea. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080421/..._rage_shooting
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

That is like the guys who practice their quick draw, and shoot their toes off. LOL.

That is like the guys who practice their quick draw, and shoot their toes off. LOL.
    Those are the guys that NEED to invest in a crossdraw rig.
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    Samuel Adams
    Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole.

Blog Entries

Hey, you making fun of my crossdraw rig? Huh, huh. LOL.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Hey, you making fun of my crossdraw rig? Huh, huh. LOL.
    roflmao. Nope, I prefer 'em myself.
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    Samuel Adams
    Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkansas_Ranger View Post
    I disagree. Using a knife to stab or slash someone who has you in a hold as a get away tactic is one thing. However, standing there and fighting with a knife like two indians is something totally different.
    So what's the alternative? run and get stabbed in the back? Stand there and plead for your life? I don't know crap about knife fighting, but if someone attacks me with a knife, I DO know the pointy end goes into the bad guy and I will try my best to do just that to the best of my ability.

Quote Originally Posted by JRR View Post
    So what's the alternative? run and get stabbed in the back? Stand there and plead for your life? I don't know crap about knife fighting, but if someone attacks me with a knife, I DO know the pointy end goes into the bad guy and I will try my best to do just that to the best of my ability.
    If you're facing a person with a knife and can not escape, kick like a girl. Shoes/boots and pants give you good protection and the leg is more powerful and has good reach. Just my .02 on this.

plus if unless they get you near the groin, a cut or stab to the leg is not likely to be fatal. my lady was stabbed in the leg. she can't ride a bike uphill anymore, and is leery of bowling alleys now, but that's a different matter.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

If you are down to fighting, you've failed at all the precursor tells. Avoidance is the best way to win any kind of fight. Yeah, I know. There are sometimes you get surprised but, for the most part, guys don't bother to keep their mouth shut and what was a small problem escalates into something really serious. It must be all that testosterone circulating in all the bull sh**.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

I think my testosterone bled out or dried up years ago. It ain't a game and I am aware and very comfortable with what I carry. I couldn't run fast enough but I always get underestimated. I just keep my mouth shut now. I feel very comfortable with a cane against a knife knowing the majority of kiddies don't know how to use one. All they know is show you the blade, you quake with fear and give them whatever. Anyone remember the story about Applegate I believe dropping 2 hoods in NYC when he was over 80 with his cane?

Sure, I understand that. I never want to get in a fight if it can be helped. But sometimes there's no avoiding it. Then you fight with your knife, a newspaper, teeth and nails, a rock, whatever you can lay your hands on.