Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    Lighten up! I've come to the conclusion that you're trying to be part of the problem as opposed to being part of the solution. Go back & read all my posts on the other thread that led up to this one, then maybe you'll understand. Otherwise, if you don't care for the idea then leave it be!
    No need to lighten up here, I am just curious why the knife is intended for new people. I would like to see folding knives and a multitool added to the poll.
    "A hero never lives forever, but a coward never lives"
    EMT Instructor

Blog Entries

Cool Thread closed, New thread started.

Okay, I have several knives to list on the Poll question, so I'm closing this one & going to the new thread.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Cool Thread re-opened.

Quote Originally Posted by mcfd45 View Post
    And what is it that you have against new members?
    I've re-opened this thread as I wanted to think about this question before answering. 1st, it's off-topic & is a "leading question", like the question: "When did you stop beating your wife." It assumes that one is already guilty of beating their wife & is now trying to establish a motive. Any answer the person being questioned gives will support that assumption.
    So I will answer it this way: I have nothing against New members, but I do have a problem with Spammers, Trolls, Numpties, and those looking to just stir crap up! Clear!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    I've re-opened this thread as I wanted to think about this question before answering. 1st, it's off-topic & is a "leading question", like the question: "When did you stop beating your wife." It assumes that one is already guilty of beating their wife & is now trying to establish a motive. Any answer the person being questioned gives will support that assumption.
    So I will answer it this way: I have nothing against New members, but I do have a problem with Spammers, Trolls, Numpties, and those looking to just stir crap up! Clear!
    I am not assuming anything. You recently posted a poll where you had been accused "again" of being combative towards new members. I don't appreciate it when you start a thread like this.

"Listen up all you Newbies, Numpties, & Bear Grylls/Les Stroud/Ray Mears/Tom Brown/Ron Hood/Cody Lundin wannabes! And this goes for those of you who DO know your crap also!"

I am not a spammer as I have posted few sites.
    I am not a troll despite living in the LP.
    I don't know what a numpty is.
    I am not looking to stir crap up, I only ask that you be less condescending toward new members, who knows they may be smarter than you.
    "A hero never lives forever, but a coward never lives"
    EMT Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    If you post your wife I'm signing off!!!!!
    knife vs wife! I always thought the two were pretty much the same. Sharp and with the potential to do real damage!
    Walk softly upon the earth!

"That's bogus, & every Survival expert I've studied would agree with me! By it's very construction a folder is weak at the pivot point & risks breaking there. Folders are for back-up only! Your losing credibility here posting nonsense like that!"
    Sarge

What about Les Stroud and his leatherman ?

"Lighten up! I've come to the conclusion that you're trying to be part of the problem as opposed to being part of the solution. Go back & read all my posts on the other thread that led up to this one, then maybe you'll understand. Otherwise, if you don't care for the idea then leave it be!"
    Sarge

Maybe you are the problem ? Have you ever considered that ?

"Okay, I have several knives to list on the Poll question, so I'm closing this one & going to the new thread."
    Sarge

How convenient...

"1st, it's off-topic & is a "leading question""
    Sarge

Like most of your polls and questions...Like this very thread.
    In fact, you are the king of the "leading question".

Anyway...i thought bringing folders and multi-tools to the mix was relevant.
    Les uses the leatherman.
    Military personnel and cops have folders and multi-tools.
    EMTs have folders and multi-tools.
    SAR have folders and multi-tools.
    And so on...
    None of them have the Mora.
    Last edited by remy; 05-23-2009 at 01:16 PM.

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmm.....

Quote Originally Posted by mcfd45 View Post
    I am not assuming anything. You recently posted a poll where you had been accused "again" of being combative towards new members. I don't appreciate it when you start a thread like this.

"Listen up all you Newbies, Numpties, & Bear Grylls/Les Stroud/Ray Mears/Tom Brown/Ron Hood/Cody Lundin wannabes! And this goes for those of you who DO know your crap also!"

I am not a spammer as I have posted few sites.
    I am not a troll despite living in the LP.
    I don't know what a numpty is.
    I am not looking to stir crap up, I only ask that you be less condescending toward new members, who knows they may be smarter than you.
    Why did you assume I was talking about you?
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

I voted for the Mora. Its a good, sold, low cost knife that nearly all people should be able to use comfortably.
    A wise person does at once, what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing; only at different times.

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmm.....

Quote Originally Posted by remy View Post
    Les uses the leatherman.
    Military personnel and cops have folders and multi-tools.
    EMTs have folders and multi-tools.
    SAR have folders and multi-tools.
    And so on...
    None of them have the Mora.
    You forgot "Smokey the Bear!" Since you included him in with these folks on another thread, tell me; does he speak English or French?
    Last edited by Sarge47; 05-23-2009 at 06:26 PM.
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Cool Closed again.

Since this thread has run it's course now, I will colse it once & for all. See you in the voting!
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin