Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves

People that let their dogs..oh, I've already posted on that. Sorry. People that let their dogs bark ad infinitum.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

isn't that what they made b.b. guns for?
    ‎"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mountain mama View Post
    isn't that what they made b.b. guns for?
    Only if you plan on shootin' the owners.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Dogs! More specifically, their owners. I cleaned up after one this morning and as soon as they get home we're going to have a talk. DON'T LET IT RUN LOOSE for starters. CLEAN UP AFTER YOUR OWN DA** DOG BEFORE I COME OVER AND S*** IN YOUR YARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I promise you, it ain't gonna be pretty cleanin' that up!
    There is a tombstone roc in some guys yard at South Baymouth on MAnitoulin Island it says..

Here lies cold and hard
    The body of the last damn dog
    that **** in my yard.

Stupid People

stupid people who think their smart.
    Pickin' n' Grinnin'

Chipmunks in the garden.
    Turtle Clan/Coffee Addicts Anonymous

People who pull in front of me while driving and then slam on their brakes just to turn, instead of pulling in behind me.

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

All good ones I can go along with. Mine always seems to be people that try and impress me with whatever they may know or can do according to them. I have a younger relative that's a State Police detective and works child abuse cases, he works hard and cares, that impresses me.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.

Blog Entries

Half of the drivers who were on I-95 North in Connecticut today. You know who you are.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Half of the drivers who were on I-95 North in Connecticut today. You know who you are.
    Ken, the idiots came through SC on I-95 today too!
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

People who leave their cell phones on at the movies.

My job is as an online chat agent, one that makes it necessary to talk to potentially anyone from anywhere in the U.S., discussing certain things online, about a company that I won't name. Suffice to say, you know what company it is. It's a pretty big one.

It may be because I'm stuck in between a rock and a hard place, towing the company line and literally being constrained in what I'm able to do for a customer, but the people I'm typically subjected to makes me want to live in a cave and never have to see another human being again.

Here are a few pet peeves that I can generally ignore in everyday life, but this job has made them so much more intolerable:

I strongly dislike when I ask a question that isn't a "yes" or "no" question, but that's the response I get.

I also don't appreciate having to repeat myself because the average person is too lazy (and/or stupid) to read something thoroughly. Odds are, I've already given the answer, but feel free to ask again. I like copying and pasting.

If you can't spell your own name and use words in English, DO NOT get angry that I can't answer your questions. This is only directed at U.S. citizens, since that's the base for our customers.

This is my job, not an online sex chat. Grow up.

Laziness. 99.5% of all information I relate to someone is right there in front of their face. Now I know there are some people who are computer illiterate, or some wording is confusing, so I absolutely do not mind answering their questions. It is what I'm there for. However, when I can see you've clearly got the answer in front of you, please don't waste my time, because when I do see this, I'll copy and paste from the same page you're looking at.

Having this job seriously makes me believe that the general population is, in fact, getting dumber. By the minute.
    -------------
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

-Mark Twain

3) Illegal people demanding rights that only belong to citizens. (Read this carefully before you shoot your mouth off)

Ain't that the truth Tyson foods in Ky. Has a deal with ICE (formerly INS) that allows tyson to "import" workers from mexico to work in their plants.
    EXCUSE: American workers don't want the jobs that these people (the mexican workers) are glad to have.

Okay fine.... BUT
    these "workers" are exempt from paying ANY state or federal income taxes. PERIOD!! They recieve FREE medical care courtesy of the state (part of tysons tax deal to locate there) Free housing (same reason)

However if you or I wanted the same deal "Sorry you ain't qualified"

BTW they make .50cent an hour LESS that american workers doing the saame jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by oldsoldier View Post
    3) Illegal people demanding rights that only belong to citizens. (Read this carefully before you shoot your mouth off)

Ain't that the truth Tyson foods in Ky. Has a deal with ICE (formerly INS) that allows tyson to "import" workers from mexico to work in their plants.
    EXCUSE: American workers don't want the jobs that these people (the mexican workers) are glad to have.

Okay fine.... BUT
    these "workers" are exempt from paying ANY state or federal income taxes. PERIOD!! They recieve FREE medical care courtesy of the state (part of tysons tax deal to locate there) Free housing (same reason)

However if you or I wanted the same deal "Sorry you ain't qualified"

BTW they make .50cent an hour LESS that american workers doing the saame jobs.
    Man, that's crap. I don't mind legal immigration, because that's what our country is essentially based on. HOWEVER, it needs to be for those who want to participate as citizens, and pay taxes. It's the cold truth, but a lot of these jobs are jobs that Americans find below them. No problem with letting someone else do that, but if you're using our infrastructure, PAY TAXES, don't just send money back home and out of our economy.

This is where tax paying citizens vote with their dollar. Let Tyson know you don't want their wares if this sort of employment trend continues. Big corporations will continue to lobby on the Hill and get what they want, until we take it back, through their wallets. Best place to make your voice heard.

I think too many people forget about the almighty tool of boycotting. With enough support, it works. Period.
    -------------
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

-Mark Twain

Blog Entries

People that consider Mora a good knife brand...
    Survival is not about surviving AGAINST the nature. It's about surviving WITH the nature.

You can't go in to nature, nature is not a place or an object. Nature just is. You are living it.

I guess I'm one of your pet peeves.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCO View Post
    People that consider Mora a good knife brand...
    I just ordered 3. Less than 5 minutes before I read your post.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

I've never kept Peeves as pets.
    "When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead; Only then will you have done your share." -Phil Messina

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    I just ordered 3. Less than 5 minutes before I read your post.
    No one is perfect.
    Survival is not about surviving AGAINST the nature. It's about surviving WITH the nature.

You can't go in to nature, nature is not a place or an object. Nature just is. You are living it.