Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves

Blog Entries

Default Pet Peeves

Okay, I don't know if this thread is going to fly, but how about posting about your pet peeves? You know, those minor annoyances that we may find particularly annoying to us, perhaps to a greater degree than others may find it?

C'mon, get it off your chest! B*tch about it! You'll FEEL BETTER! (Maybe this will become a sticky...)

Just one rule: You can only post about one peeve at a time, but can keep posting about as many as you want. Okay?

Let me start us off:

I go to my bank today to transfer money from one account to another by check. I ask if the funds will be available immediately, since both accounts are at the same bank, and the account from which the funds will be drawn has more than sufficient funds available to cover the check. In the past, they have put a 24 hour "hold" on this type of deposit, but this was another branch........

The teller tells me "No, the funds won't be available until tomorrow." I say, "That's nuts! This check is from your bank!" He checks with the manager and says, "Sorry, that's our policy."

So I say, "Okay, just cash the check for me. I want all small bills. Fives, tens, and twenties." He cashes the check and I walk away, shuffling all the different denominations around. I return less than a minute later and hand it all back to him, to depost into the second account. Took him over 5 minutes just to count it twice...

Yep, I wasted my time, but I was just standing there while HE counted it twice. He kinda' gave me a look as if to say WTH, and I just smiled and said, "Too bad your policies create so much extra work for you, huh? Maybe it's time to change the policy?"
    Last edited by Ken; 05-21-2009 at 01:32 PM.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Had a friend do that with a 5k check, same run around. So he cashed it like you, but in all $5's. Then filled out a deposit slip for the cash. Then he asked for a second cashier to double check first cashiers count. Beuarcracy at its best
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Oi I've got one. I went on a two week trip to a bluegrass jam (That's why you haven't seen me in so long.). A friend of mine asks, "Matt? Will sharpen this knife for me; I used it as a screwdriver and it's got knicks in it..." Being the nice guy I am I consent. So hands me his Case, and I walk over to the truck with my BOB to get a whetstone. Seems like I forgot it at home! Oh well, I'm going to Wal-mart the next day so I'll pick up el cheapo there. I found out you have to 16 to buy a whetstone! A stinkin WHETSTONE! what are you going to do? Beat someone to death with it. Argh....
    I'd rather be carried by six than married by one!

My peeve is the use of corporate catch phrases. examples:
    "do you have the band width to do this?" Definition: Do you have time to do this?
    "two more work days until Monday" Definition : I can not budget my time properly (chronic folks, not the occassional surge of work)
    Last edited by Pal334; 05-21-2009 at 01:47 PM. Reason: spelling
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Dogs! More specifically, their owners. I cleaned up after one this morning and as soon as they get home we're going to have a talk. DON'T LET IT RUN LOOSE for starters. CLEAN UP AFTER YOUR OWN DA** DOG BEFORE I COME OVER AND S*** IN YOUR YARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I promise you, it ain't gonna be pretty cleanin' that up!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Dogs! More specifically, their owners. I cleaned up after one this morning and as soon as they get home we're going to have a talk. DON'T LET IT RUN LOOSE for starters. CLEAN UP AFTER YOUR OWN DA** DOG BEFORE I COME OVER AND S*** IN YOUR YARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I promise you, it ain't gonna be pretty cleanin' that up!
    Pics or it won't happen
    I'd rather be carried by six than married by one!

That would far worse than the thong pic. But....you asked for it.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I am a grounds inspector on an Active Duty Air Force Base. My peeve is how people in the Military (some people) join knowing there are rules, they decide to live on base which has rules yet they refuse to follow those rules. They park on the grass, don't pick up their dog's crap, put a couch on the front lawn, refuse to mow their lawns, and get pi$$ed when I ticket them. The Military is not just a job it is a lifestyle and no matter where you are or what you do there are rules...period. If you don't like it get out. If you hate the rules in base housing then move off base into a trailer park. Even the officers don't follow the rules. What happened to the Military, these days they seem to be a bunch of whiney babies that have no morales and no regard to following orders.
    Last edited by doug1980; 05-21-2009 at 03:20 PM.

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmm.....

I believe I've posted mine over & over again.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    I believe I've posted mine over & over again.
    But.......THIS is THE place!
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Quote Originally Posted by doug1980 View Post
    I am a grounds inspector on an Active Duty Air Force Base. My peeve is how people in the Military (some people) join knowing there are rules, they decide to live on base which has rules yet they refuse to follow those rules. They park on the grass, don't pick up their dog's crap, put a couch on the front lawn, refuse to mow their lawns, and get pi$$ed when I ticket them. The Military is not just a job it is a lifestyle and no matter where you are or what you do there are rules...period. If you don't like it get out. If you hate the rules in base housing then move off base into a trailer park. Even the officers don't follow the rules. What happened to the Military, these days they seem to be a bunch of whiney babies that have no morales and no regard to following orders.
    Come on you are in the air force. They have always been whiners, flakes, and pushovers :P

I have too many pet peeves to count, but let me name a few.

1) Judges who change laws by saying they are "interpreting the SPIRIT of the constitution." Which really means "I don't care what is written, this is what I want it to say."

2) People who use the word "tolerance" to try and force you to follow only their viewpoint (which isn't very tolerant). I could also say -- People who call me racist because I am white and I have an opinion.

3) Illegal people demanding rights that only belong to citizens. (Read this carefully before you shoot your mouth off)

4) People who take the opposite viewpoint just because they want to argue, not because they believe or even espouse the view they are taking.

5) The media - the most non-objective agency in existence.

[QUOTE=grundle;121734]Come on you are in the air force. They have always been whiners, flakes, and pushovers :P
    QUOTE]

Correction.... I was in the Air Force more specifically the Air National Guard. It is true what you say but it is 10 times worse at this base.

I mean they complain that the privatized housing is too expensive, doesn't supply enough free stuff and so on. Um..hello...try living off base where you have to pay all utilities and buy stuff like furnace filters, paint, ice melt, lime, fertilizer, etc..... Living on base is the cheapest and smartest way to go in my opinion and I love it. Safe, secure, cheap and lots of free stuff. That's my opinion any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post

So I say, "Okay, just cash the check for me. I want all small bills. Fives, tens, and twenties." He cashes the check and I walk away, shuffling all the different denominations around. I return less than a minute later and hand it all back to him, to depost into the second account. Took him over 5 minutes just to count it twice...

Yep, I wasted my time, but I was just standing there while HE counted it twice. He kinda' gave me a look as if to say WTH, and I just smiled and said, "Too bad your policies create so much extra work for you, huh? Maybe it's time to change the policy?"
    You are much nicer than me...I will ask for rolls of pennies, then go home unroll each roll and pour it into a pillow case to return to the bank with. I have actually done that to a Walmart cashier that pissed me off once.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    Not that I don't want to see your lovely arse or anything, but wouldn't a flaming bag of poo on their front door step get across the same message?

Quote Originally Posted by grundle
    2) People who use the word "tolerance" to try and force you to follow only their viewpoint (which isn't very tolerant). I could also say -- People who call me racist because I am white and I have an opinion.
    Or people who call you "homophoebic" because you don't believe in gay marriage.....I have never had a fear of a gay man or woman so the term simply is being misused.

Quote Originally Posted by grundle
    3) Illegal people demanding rights that only belong to citizens. (Read this carefully before you shoot your mouth off)
    This is one of my biggest pet peeves. I am tired of paying welfare, social security, housing, food stamps, medical, and education for people who aren't paying into the system through taxes. Instead, they send the money they make here back home. How is that supporting our economy?
    ‎"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."

Blog Entries

Cool Okay Ken, here goes!

TROLLS!!!! 'nuff said!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

and "NUMPTYs" lol
    ‎"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."

....whiners....
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

I hate people that just lurk and don't post.

<-- Note Join date.

<-- Note post number.

Talk to you folks next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Boker View Post
    I hate people that just lurk and don't post.

<-- Note Join date.

<-- Note post number.

Talk to you folks next year.
    Don't hate yourself, thats not healthy.

Folks who join a forum and then post their pet peeves.

People who join just to try to get themselves banned.
    Prepared enough.