View Poll Results: Sterlization for welfare?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would support it in all circumstances.

3 11.54%
  • Yes, in most circumstances.

6 23.08%
  • Yes, but only in a few circumstances.

8 30.77%
  • No, not in any circumstance.

9 34.62%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sterlization for welfare?

I say yes, in most circumstances and it should be the Father as it is the role of the Father to provide for the family.
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobywan View Post
    I think maybe we should just sterilize everyone until the human population drops a bit.
    That would make it a little tough to start up the gene pool again. I'll abstain, thanks.

Has anyone ever read about the Eugenics studies of Shutesbury, MA, ca. 1934? It almost happened. Who decides.

Everyone wants to vote themselves a free lunch. Whether it's healthcare, welfare, or an instant 'fix' for a broken economy. Common sense is pretty much a dead concept these days. Don't rely on the Government to provide anything. Don't expect the Government to bail you out. Don't expect the Government to do the "right thing" for everyone. Just because you can vote for it, doesn't mean you can afford it. And because anyone else can vote for what they want too, may mean you will lose what you want. Someone always loses.

Yeah, I'd still like someone to tell me who's going to set the criteria and make the call on who gets the "cut" because all them folks voting for this might not like it much if the criteria suddenly changes and they find themselves on someone's list.....
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Quote Originally Posted by trax View Post
    Yeah, I'd still like someone to tell me who's going to set the criteria and make the call on who gets the "cut" because all them folks voting for this might not like it much if the criteria suddenly changes and they find themselves on someone's list.....
    I suppose the Quality Control Department could add that to the list of services they provide.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I have a solution to welfare. I'll try to be brief. I believe this will significantly lower both the welfare and prison populations.

We dug then lost control of the Panama Canal. Its time for another one. Our nation benefits from an Atlantic-pacific route.

Lets take all those on welfare and have them start digging between the US and Mexico. Those that can't operate a shovel can work in axillary compacity IE cooks, daycare etc...

Prison population: Same deal, don't wanna work don't commit the crime. We use the US military to prevent the inmates from escaping back into the US. Should they want to go to Mexico, we have at least provided them a ride to the border.

Almost everything needed for this project will be supplied by the 'work force'. From lumber camps in the Northwest to concrete plants at the border, our 'work force' will do it all.

I've got most of the details worked out. Its not that I believe in punishing folks of this nature, I just believe I should have a return on my investment.

Boker for president!
    ‎"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."

"Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right" Ani DiFranco

If you can't beat em....out breed em
    Last edited by DOGMAN; 05-27-2009 at 08:35 PM.
    The way of the canoe is the way of the wilderness and of a freedom almost forgotten- Sigurd Olson

Give me winter, give me dogs... you can keep the rest- Knud Rasmussen

Now this is only hearsay
    Poligimists have wives that have high paying jobs and the others are on welfare, can you just imagine if this is true how much money the really have?
    A mouse ate a hole in my lumpy chair.

There was a time, when I was a kid, that my father lost his job. He ended up having to take some work in another city. For a while there, my folks had to swallow some pride to feed their kids.

I'm glad he didn't have to get sterilized on top of that.

Now, I know that calling it sterilization is a bit of an exaggeration. And we're talking about repeat offenders - however that is defined. But things like this tend to expand 'n get out of hand real quick-like. In this case, the slope really is pretty slippery. It has already been mentioned, but look at the medical sterilizations done by German doctors. A lot of that started under an umbrella of greater good - better national health, no more folks with undesirable mental problems . . or physical deformities . . . making babies for hard-working, honest citizens to have to pay to care for. Then that definition of undesirable spread to include race - and sterilization turned into extermination. In our example, the undesirable that needs to be locked out of reproduction is one of socio-economic status. But, really, would that fall on all colors equally?

Does poverty fall on all colors equally? Are the prisons filled with all colors equally represented?

Quote Originally Posted by mountain mama View Post
    Does poverty fall on all colors equally? Are the prisons filled with all colors equally represented?
    thats a loaded question.....
    The way of the canoe is the way of the wilderness and of a freedom almost forgotten- Sigurd Olson

Give me winter, give me dogs... you can keep the rest- Knud Rasmussen

That is pretty much my point.

I have a solution, though. I'll even give it away free. It only works for folks who are young enough and fit enough to work. But I'm guessing that's where the disgust is focused.

First, build quality childcare centers and open them free of charge for folks on welfare. We have years of research that shows how this is a cycle that begins at birth, how these kids will be forever behind and more likely to continue this cycle. We have years of research that shows how quality preschool programs -work- to close that gap. You're going to be feeding those kids breakfast and lunch anyway once they hit public school, so instead of welfare cards - feed 'em at the daycare. That way, we know that the money is going directly to feed the kids. It isn't their fault they were born to the wrong family.

If you're going to pick up a welfare check, it means you don't have a job. To get the check, put 'em to work while we educate and care for their kids. Offer a scaled amount depending on the job. If you're physically fit enough to hold a broom, shovel, or stop sign - then give 'em 6 hours of work. There are public buildings in every city that could use a little cleaning up. There's highway and public streets that need to be cleaned. There's city parks and state parks that need to be tended. Shoot, start rebuilding our nation's shameful infrastructure. Offer incentives to those who want to take the labor a step further and turn it into certifications and added training.

Offer a work-study program where they learn a trade. Maybe early childcare worker to help run those programs I referenced earlier. Cooks, mechanics, caregivers, bus drivers, even education para-professionals. Instead of sterilization, offer education. To pick up the check - you have to work.

Okay, I like both Boker and LostOutrider's ideas, so who is going to be vice president?

Better to be the king's adviser than the king. I'll take VP.

Everyone points to Nazi Germany.
    The US study I mentioned was pre-Hitler..........

When you dig a canal, don't you start in the middle and work out? Otherwise you'd be holding back a lot of water as you go... But I like it.