View Poll Results: Sarge is a big meany with the new kids!

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • No!

16 61.54%
  • Yep!

10 38.46%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Once again....

Blog Entries

Default Namby-Pamby

Namby-Pamby

"All ye Poets of the Age!
    All ye Witlings of the Stage!
    Learn your Jingles to reform!
    Crop your Numbers and Conform:
    Let your little Verses flow
    Gently, Sweetly, Row by Row:
    Let the Verse the Subject fit;
    Little Subject, Little Wit.
    Namby-Pamby is your Guide;
    Albion's Joy, Hibernia's Pride."

From Namby Pamby by Henry Carey

"Those of you here in the Forum
    More concerned with post Decorum
    Than with harsh reality and truth
    Do grave disservice to our youth
    Who come with plans that bode of death
    Until they met our Sarge’s wrath
    The blood they shed here on the Forum
    Pales compared to the real horror
    They would face if they embark
    On their very dangerous lark
    Yes our Sarge may snarl and bite
    That is this Moderator’s right
    Soft niceties are not his lot
    For Namby-Pamby he is not."

Second verse by Ken

Namby-Pamby

The noun has one meaning: an insipid weakling who is foolishly sentimental

The adjective namby-pamby has one meaning: weak in willpower

Synonyms: spineless, wishy-washy
    Last edited by Ken; 05-19-2009 at 12:44 AM.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Blog Entries

Cool Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    "All ye Poets of the Age!
    All ye Witlings of the Stage!
    Learn your Jingles to reform!
    Crop your Numbers and Conform:
    Let your little Verses flow
    Gently, Sweetly, Row by Row:
    Let the Verse the Subject fit;
    Little Subject, Little Wit.
    Namby-Pamby is your Guide;
    Albion's Joy, Hibernia's Pride."

From Namby Pamby by Henry Carey

"Those of you here in the Forum

Second verse by Ken
    Namby-Pamby

The noun has one meaning:

Meaning #1: an insipid weakling who is foolishly sentimental

The adjective namby-pamby has one meaning:

Meaning #1: weak in willpower

Synonyms: spineless, wishy-washy
    Rothfl!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Cool Wow!!

Here's a group photo of Sarge's family. Sarge is the one on the left in the front row. Come to think of it, he IS the only one snarling and showing his teeth..........
    Man those look yummy! Ummmm!(Licking chops)
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Cool What...?

Come to think of it, he IS the only one snarling and showing his teeth..........
    Wait just a dog-gone minute...where'd I get the teeth?
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

"Why the name calling? "
    ken

"old man", is not "name calling". It is as you put it a term of endearment. Sarge is not the only one here being called "old man" or "pops", and i am not the only one using this term while referring to older members.
    Of course, when i say it...it must be "name calling" right ? Why not.

"Wow, did you misinterpret and misrepresent what most of these folks said. Let's have a little intellectual honesty here, okay?

READ THEIR POSTS IN CONJUNCTION WITH THEIR POLL ANSWERS. The way I see it, Sarge, the "Big Meany," has overwhelming support in this thread."
    ken

I did not misinterpret nor did i misrepresent anyone. They did vote "yes"...and i also said and i quote : "I am sure we each have our own reasons."
    Meaning, that i am well aware some of the reasons align with Sarge and are made to focus on the endearment rather than the indictment.
    The misrepresentation comes from the phrasing of the question...more on this later...

As far as "intellectual honesty" goes...that's hilarious.
    Maybe you should re-read my posts as well, without the intent to always see in them some agenda with which you can measure yourself to...for now on...i will call you "Don Kenxote" (term of endearment also).

After all, i just expressed my opinion on the matter, and answered the question. The phrasing of the question was obviously made to make us think of Sarge as the resident curmudgeon...a character with a big heart protecting us from the "onslaught" (sarcasm) of "newbies" and "numpties" acting all big and bad.
    lolll

But Ken...you forget why he asked the question in the first place...and you just stopped at the question. Further more, this is not the first time this question makes it to our attention. Further more, Sarge is a moderator...

I quote...
    "Once again....
    Okay, it's been pointed out to me that one of our members thinks that I am a bit to "combative" with some of the "Newbies"."
    Sarge.

You see...this is where the question comes from.
    At this point, the phrasing of the poll question has little to do with the issue...because it was made to render the complaint somewhat ridiculous. The question is made to laugh off the complaint by the use of the words "big meany"...as if the complaint was child like. Not very nice and fair...but that's another thread.

I'll say it again...i would have voted "no", if Sarge was not a moderator.
    But he is. This suggest certain traits, none of which align with Sarge's interactions with new members. Hence this subject being brought to our attention multiple times.

So yeah...intellectual honesty.
    Now you can keep fighting wind mills, and Sarge can keep on attacking my character...it won't change the fact that Sarge is a moderator, and his approach to new members is pretty harsh.
    That they "deserve it" or not, is not good enough for me, because it is subjective.

I did not answer the question from my perspective. I answered the question from the perspective of a new member.
    Just think about that, with all the intellectual honesty you can muster.

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

Just a little wisdom from me. When two skunks get into a pi$$ing contest the winner don't smell any better than the loser. That condenses just about all I have read.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    The original member that complained has not come forth as of yet. If I thought Remy's perceptions of a moderator were correct & acted accordingly I'd of banned him a long time ago! So in the interm I can see that since he's again suffering diarrhea of the keyboard that it's time to put him , once again, on my "ignore list"; bye Remy.
    How childish of you.

I hope you all noticed. That was another Cootism. It was a bit camouflaged in there.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Hey, I just voted that he's a big meany. I also told him to not stop.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Quote Originally Posted by Old Coot
    I don't impress easily and can usually pick out total BS.
    Dang it! I'm completely hosed.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Default Sorry I've been busy working.

The original member that complained has not come forth as of yet. If I thought Remy's perceptions of a moderator were correct & acted accordingly I'd of banned him a long time ago! So in the interm I can see that since he's again suffering diarrhea of the keyboard that it's time to put him , once again, on my "ignore list"; bye Remy.
    I have been busy working and have not had time to reply to this thread, sorry if I was 'ducking' you.

I am the person that asked Chris if he also thought that Sarge47 might be to 'combative' and rough on some of the new people that come to this board for advice from the group of knowledgeable people here. Not everyone that comes here for the first time is a troll or spammer. I just feel that if a child asked for help tying their shoes, the average response is to show them how and help them learn. Some times, I repeat sometimes people come here and ask questions in a courteous way and are attacked by Sarge47. I am referring to a thread started by a mddubs who came here to learn about survival kits and how they work. I feel that Sarge47 turned this poster into a troll. Here is what I am gonna do about this, I am gonna take a page from Sarge47 and put him on my ignore list as I feel aggravated after reading some of his posts.
    I hope I did not hurt his feelings by questioning his 'approach' to new posters. I feel I may have by the fact he started a poll to help him feel better about this whole deal.

Can you put yourself on the ignore list? So, you cant read your own posts...
    The way of the canoe is the way of the wilderness and of a freedom almost forgotten- Sigurd Olson

Give me winter, give me dogs... you can keep the rest- Knud Rasmussen

So we have meanies, know-it-alls, babies and even a resident shrink....and lets not forget a guy who has no door on his outhouse.... Can't ask for a more diverse and entertaining group.

Blog Entries

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I have been busy working and have not had time to reply to this thread, sorry if I was 'ducking' you.

I am the person that asked Chris if he also thought that Sarge47 might be to 'combative' and rough on some of the new people that come to this board for advice from the group of knowledgeable people here. Not everyone that comes here for the first time is a troll or spammer. I just feel that if a child asked for help tying their shoes, the average response is to show them how and help them learn. Some times, I repeat sometimes people come here and ask questions in a courteous way and are attacked by Sarge47. I am referring to a thread started by a mddubs who came here to learn about survival kits and how they work. I feel that Sarge47 turned this poster into a troll. Here is what I am gonna do about this, I am gonna take a page from Sarge47 and put him on my ignore list as I feel aggravated after reading some of his posts.
    I hope I did not hurt his feelings by questioning his 'approach' to new posters. I feel I may have by the fact he started a poll to help him feel better about this whole deal.
    Sorry if you can't read this but 1st just let me say that I commend you for coming forward & sharing your opinion, that took guts. 2nd, I understand about your work schedule as I, myself, was a professional cook for about 10 years, I know just how hectic that can be. As far as the fellow you've mentioned I don't remember him but I think itis the guy with the survival pack & the knife, I'll look into it. Take care.
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Sarge...you the man. period.
    Turtle Clan/Coffee Addicts Anonymous

Blog Entries

Cool I'm at a loss here....

I just found Mddubs posts & if anybody was on his case it was Crash, although Crash was simply enforcing the rules regarding links. Also, Md was never banned, he's still a member, although absent. Not only that but he also started flaming on the other members for no reason that I could see before I ever posted hardly anything at all. When I did start my series of posts he was gone by his own accord. So Sam, I don't know where your coming from dude, but I'm glad I'm on your "ignore" list. Thank You!!!
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

I just found Mddubs posts & if anybody was on his case it was Crash, although Crash was simply enforcing the rules regarding links. Also, Md was never banned, he's still a member, although absent. Not only that but he also started flaming on the other members for no reason that I could see before I ever posted hardly anything at all. When I did start my series of posts he was gone by his own accord. So Sam, I don't know where your coming from dude, but I'm glad I'm on your "ignore" list. Thank You!!!
    I did not ignore you yet I was waiting for you're reply. I see by the responses from other members that I am at fault for having an opinion on this matter.
    To answer JasonMontanas post, yes I can fix the problem of my posting here and wasting time being a whiner.
    -Sam

Blog Entries

Cool Alright!

I did not ignore you yet I was waiting for you're reply. I see by the responses from other members that I am at fault for having an opinion on this matter.
    To answer JasonMontanas post, yes I can fix the problem of my posting here and wasting time being a whiner.
    -Sam
    Then be fair in your judgement dog! Crash was ALSO involved, yet you never mentioned him! Rules are rules! Break them & you'll get told about it! Keep it up & your gone! I started out with "kid gloves with mddub, but he thought he was "all that" & started flaming on the other members INCLUDING Crash who was a mod doing his job! So yes, I have a "combative" personality as you're finding out! All's I ask is that you be fair! I don't think that it's too much to ask!
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Keyboard commando's....that's all I have to say about that.

-Sam
    Hi Sam, I disagree with your above statement. This thread was started as a poll in regards to the manner in which Sarge responds to some newbies. You were unable to post for some time that happens. 51 posts were submitted until your opinions were known to the rest of us. I don't see any posts that would indicate your opinion does not have worth.

I believe that sarge was sincere and wanted honest opinions. Our opinions were submitted from our point of view and had no reference to your opinion or point of view. So, don't take it personal.

So, now we know who you are and a little about your opinion, I would say yes Sarge can be a bit harsh.

To sarge. when the voice of reason isn't being heard, bring on the harsh.

Like Ken said:

Those of you here in the Forum

Second verse by Ken

Sam stick around. If we all agreed with each other we wouldn't need this forum.

A wise man may profit from the wisdom from others, it doesn't say he has to use it.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.