View Poll Results: Sarge is a big meany with the new kids!

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • No!

16 61.54%
  • Yep!

10 38.46%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Once again....

I have always said you are not exactly moderator material...The role of a moderator is pretty simple. Moderation involves skills you are lacking, and unlike Rick or Crash you often do not understand what your role is...or you forget.
    If you were not a moderator, and just a member, i would have no problem with the way you interact with other members, old or new. But you are a moderator.

At the time you became a moderator here...it was probably the only choice that made sense. When Rick joined the team, i feel you probably should have stepped down.
    I enjoy your presence as a member...not so much as a moderator.

I vote yes because of your moderator status.
    I would vote no, if you were not a moderator.

Further more...i want to address one more time this idea that if an individual "cannot take it here they have no business in the wilderness".
    I really can't stand that idea. Opposing the dynamics of a forum to how well someone would do in the wilderness is simplistic and out of touch with the basis of our relation with all things.

I have said many things here that people "couldn't take"...yet, this has no impact whatsoever on their survival skills. We are not facing death here...and frankly, i am very well aware that sometimes leaving is just as valid as "being combative", or making jokes, or insulting, or making friends, aligning with or who knows what.

In the end...none of this matters.
    What matters is what you think.
    What matters is how you feel about it at the end of the day.
    I am as you know not very compromising when it comes to who i am and what i do, and how i do it.
    I have my reasons, i have my understandings and my intentions. I know what they are and i fully assume the consequences of my actions.
    I am sure you make sense to you...as i make sense to myself, as WE makes sense to himself and so on.

What makes it different for you here...is your status.
    But who is to say really, if not you.

beep beep back the truck up!

This is a SURVIVAL forum. If some "Numpty" comes in here acting all big and bad and consequently doesn't get the information/skill needed that could one day save his life, then the moderator hasn't done his job.

Sarge, did you really have to ask? Of course you're a big meany, and I voted accordingly, but don't stop!
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Quote Originally Posted by remy View Post
    I am sure you make sense to you...as i make sense to myself, as WE makes sense to himself and so on.
    Could we then-- someday-- have a long and heartfelt conversation about why Trax makes no sense to himself?
    Last edited by Rick; 05-18-2009 at 05:51 PM. Reason: fixed quote
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

beep beep back to reality...

This is a survival FORUM.
    If some "numpty" comes in here, acting however "numpties" act (subjective), and consequently the mods act in a way that is not conducive to learning (also subjective)...and consequently the "numpty" leaves (why argue with a moderator ?)...then the information definitely never made it out.

Teaching...and i am sure you know this, is sometimes similar to gardening...most of it is planting seeds for an uncertain future...knowing full well that everything around is going to influence the plant...it might even skip generations before it reaches the growth intended in the first place.

Unless of course we are here talking about the blunt mechanical and shallow distribution of subjective facts...which is most of the information found right here.

...neither am i going to think about what information could have saved who and at what time...it's silly, and out of everyone's control. Information is everywhere, good bad and plain stupid. In fact, we have plenty of all three here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    Ah Remy, this seems to be the case of the pot calling the kettle black, & you know very well what I'm referring to.
    Ah Sarge...But i am not a moderator.
    You are.
    Like i said...if you were not a moderator, i would have voted "no".

The question is...are you being too harsh with the new members.
    So far, and taking out your vote, it's 50/50.

I don't even know where your last post is coming from.
    You don't need to justify yourself with me old man. You asked...and i answered, now if you don't like the answer, don't ask the question. Right ?

So far...beo, chiye, huntermj, jason, mcfd, mama, sam, trax and i, feel that you are too harsh with new members. I am sure we each have our own reasons.
    Now you can take that info...and do whatever you want with it. Change or not...i really don't care.

I voted No because Frankly, I haven't been paying much attention to what Sarge Does.
    Prepared enough.

You have made me cry numerous times, yet I keep coming back for more. Call me hard-headed I guess. But seriously I used to think you were a bit harsh until I seen what some newbies post on here. Keep up the good work Sarge.

Also on a side note...this site is always so entertaining. It's amazing how much drama grown people can create out of a Wilderness Survival Forum. Can you imagine having this much drama in a "real survival" situation....Not sure I would want to be there for that.
    Last edited by doug1980; 05-18-2009 at 08:37 PM.

now wait a minute....i said he was hard on the new members (for their own edification), not that he was TOO hard on them/us...i even clarified that in my first post in this topic...and I dare say that most of the others that voted as I did had the same train of thought on the matter

i vote no have yet to see anything to harsh myself
    sh4d0wm4573ri7

Blog Entries

The question is...are you being too harsh with the new members.
    No it isn't. A "yes" (agreement) or "no" (disagreement) response was asked for the statement/question, "Sarge is a big meany with the new kids!"

A "Big Meany????" Sounds almost like a term of endearment rather than an indictment. Kinda' like a killer bunny.

You don't need to justify yourself with me old man.
    Why the name calling?

So far...beo, chiye, huntermj, jason, mcfd, mama, sam, trax and i, feel that you are too harsh with new members.
    Wow, did you misinterpret and misrepresent what most of these folks said. Let's have a little intellectual honesty here, okay?

READ THEIR POSTS IN CONJUNCTION WITH THEIR POLL ANSWERS. The way I see it, Sarge, the "Big Meany," has overwhelming support in this thread.
    Last edited by Ken; 05-18-2009 at 10:18 PM.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Blog Entries

Cool Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    No it isn't. A "yes" (agreement) or "no" (disagreement) response was asked for the statement/question, "Sarge is a big meany with the new kids!"

A "Big Meany????" Sounds almost like a term of endearment rather than an indictment. Kinda' like a killer bunny.

Why the name calling?

Wow, did you misinterpret and misrepresent what most of these folks said. Let's have a little intellectual honesty here, okay?

READ THEIR POSTS IN CONJUNCTION WITH THEIR POLL ANSWERS. The way I see it, Sarge, the "Big Meany," has overwhelming support in this thread.
    I bow to the wisdom of my "mouthpiece"! Thanks Ken!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

I am 100% in agreement with remy on this. You are a moderator, act like it. Act like you have been given responsiblity that has consequences with you abusing this responsibilty. I don't care how hard mother nature is, you are hard on members that come here to learn how to better survive. You rarely offer any specialized advice but offer a lot of criticism. This is why I voted yes.
    "A hero never lives forever, but a coward never lives"
    EMT Instructor

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mcfd45 View Post
    You rarely offer any specialized advice but offer a lot of criticism.
    May I ask you to kindly take several hours of your time and READ the threads started and posts written by Sarge?
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    May I ask you to kindly take several hours of your time and READ the threads started and posts written by Sarge?
    I did this prior to posting the above message.
    "A hero never lives forever, but a coward never lives"
    EMT Instructor

Blog Entries

I'm sure you did.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

When opinions are asked for, that is exactly what will be given. Good, bad, indifferent. We all have different styles or tones for the way in which we interact with others. Who's to say one way is better or more effective than another. Everybody responds different to outside influences.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

It's just my opinion but some people that think they know everything should have their "I know everything" attitude knocked down, by Sarge or anybody for that matter. I have picked up some things I didn't know and if I screw up I expect it to be pointed out. I have been told in no uncertain words I was dumber than a sled track. I weigh every opinion I read, don't really take offense to much unless it's a personal attack. I don't impress easily and can usually pick out total BS. I usually ignore people who try and impress. This Hillbilly has been around some and if you can't take a little heat you don't need to worry about survival anywhere because you won't. Need to lighten up a little and maybe learn something. Just my opinion, take it or forget it.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.

Blog Entries

Here's a group photo of Sarge's family. Sarge is the one on the left in the front row. Come to think of it, he IS the only one snarling and showing his teeth..........
    Attached Images Attached Images
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark