Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Discovery Channel - DUAL SURVIVAL

Lightbulb Discovery Channel - DUAL SURVIVAL

My name is Adam Neuhaus and I work for Original Media (*************).

We are casting for a new show that is going to be on Discovery Channel in the beginning of 2010 called DUAL SURVIVAL.

The show takes two people with differing survival techniques and puts them into the same environment. It is not a competition show.

We are are looking for candidates who are willing to put themselves on tape as part of the casting process.

We are looking for dynamic personalities with survival skills as well.

Please contact me at adam @originalmedia.com if interested.
    Last edited by Sarge47; 05-13-2009 at 11:34 PM.

Would this fall under the soliciting rule or does this count as job offers? Chris? Rick? Crash? Sarge??

Help-- I need an adult!
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aneuhaus View Post
    My name is Adam Neuhaus and I work for ******** ***** (www.*************.com).

We are casting for a new show that is going to be on (a major cable television network) in the beginning of 2010 called **** SURVIVAL.

The show takes two people with differing survival techniques and puts them into the same environment. It is not a competition show.

We are are looking for candidates who are willing to put themselves on tape as part of the casting process.

We are looking for dynamic personalities with survival skills as well.

Plese contact me at adam@originalmedia.com if interested.
    Hey, Adam!

Please check our Forum Rules - you're not allowed to post your website address in the body of your post. Chances are that your post will be edited by one of our Super Moderators.

Nonetheless, your inquiry is somewhat unique and may be of interest to some Forum members. I suggest that you send a private message to the Forum Administrator, Chris, or to one of our Super Moderators, Rick, Sarge47, or Crashdive123 - they may be able to assist you.
    Last edited by Sarge47; 05-13-2009 at 11:36 PM.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trax View Post
    ......Help-- I need an adult!
    Finally! An admission of what we knew all along.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Finally! An admission of what we knew all along.
    I've never denied it. Heck I came here and adopted myself a Dad...that should have been a heads up people!
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Senior Member erunkiswldrnssurvival's Avatar
    Blog Entries

an opertunity to experss our knowledge is what Adam is offering to us "the basis of this site" is to educate and offer guidence, I sent my video to Adam. i can reach a lot more people if i am selected. i fully support Adam and him posting the opertunity in not soliciting. @#$& posted a site selling things just a few days ago in chris's forum rule reminder i guess that slipped by everybody
    Last edited by erunkiswldrnssurvival; 05-12-2009 at 03:46 PM.
    God lives in the Mountain, Serve the Master, The Mountain also serves the Master. Serve the Mountain,
    The Mountain Breaks you.
    http://www.youtube.com/trapperjacksurvival
    http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss113/erunkis

Personal perspectives I guess erunk. I don't have any particular desire to use my skills to compete for anything, whether he calls it a competition or not, I don't have any sense that I need an audience to re-affirm for me what I know about surviving in the bush and I sure as he** don't want someone tramping around in the bush and making all kinds of mess and racket with their cameras and taping equipment. I group those folks with the people I go out to the bush to get away from, not about to change my perspective on that. Anyone else wants to go for it, fill yer boots, have a nice time, bon voyage....

Blog Entries

I don't have any particular desire to use my skills to compete for anything, whether he calls it a competition or not, I don't have any sense that I need an audience to re-affirm for me what I know about surviving in the bush.......
    Nice. Scratch Trax. Guess Rick's gonna' have to find another "partner."
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Personal perspectives I guess erunk. I don't have any particular desire to use my skills to compete for anything, whether he calls it a competition or not, I don't have any sense that I need an audience to re-affirm for me what I know about surviving in the bush and I sure as he** don't want someone tramping around in the bush and making all kinds of mess and racket with their cameras and taping equipment. I group those folks with the people I go out to the bush to get away from, not about to change my perspective on that. Anyone else wants to go for it, fill yer boots, have a nice time, bon voyage....
    +1 sounds like another "LAM " show

Actually, based on Chris's clarification of rules, this post is just fine (at least I think it is).
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Actually, based on Chris's clarification of rules, this post is just fine (at least I think it is).
    I defer to your wisdom. See? That's why you guys get paid the big bucks!
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Yes, it is fine. Adam wants to pay you buggers a sack full of money and put you on the TeeVee.

I want you guys to all become rich and famous so when you go on TV and do interviews you can say "blah blah blah wilderness-survival.net blah blah" or perhaps, during filming, wear a T shirt with the site on it. Hey, I'm flexible...

If someone posts wanting to hire forum members for what would be paid jobs (and or, nice opportunities) it is okay. It benefits you guys to have exposure to these opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Yes, it is fine. Adam wants to pay you buggers a sack full of money and put you on the TeeVee.

I want you guys to all become rich and famous so when you go on TV and do interviews you can say "blah blah blah wilderness-survival.net blah blah" or perhaps, during filming, wear a T shirt with the site on it. Hey, I'm flexible...

If someone posts wanting to hire forum members for what would be paid jobs (and or, nice opportunities) it is okay. It benefits you guys to have exposure to these opportunities.
    So are you going to put his URL and e-mail address back up???
    I know what hunts you.

boy aren't you guys gonna feel like a bunch of schmucks when this turns out legit eh?
    funny that a bunch of "survivalists" are so closed minded as to automaticaly jump over someone w/o assertaining the facts first.
    always be prepared-prepare all ways
    http://wareaglesurvival.blogspot.com

Just my opinion... I don't have any faith in the media/Hollywood types. Things always seem to get hyped up and personalities are exaggerated etc. it's all for ratings anyway. Anyone that tells you otherwise is delusional or works for the networks.
    My wife and I were approached 5 years ago to film our experience in Southern Colorado for a reality type show and we declined. Just not our cup of tea, I try and get away from those types, not invite them into my happy place. Just use caution if you subject yourself to this, and for God sakes if you are on one of these act like an adult!
    Just my rantings...
    Regards,

Mountaintrekker
    BEAR CLAN
    "Evolution stops when stupidity is no longer fatal."

surely i can't be the only one willing to go on the tubes and make a pompous fool of myself doing dangerous things for the sake of entertainment, can i?
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

So when's this show supposed to air? I haven't seen it advertised.

Blog Entries

I sent the guy an email asking for info on the show. I'll post if he responds.
    1. If it's in your kit and you don't know how to use it....It's useless.
    2. If you can't reach your kit when you need it....Its useless.

Alaska Backcountry Adventure Tours
    www.youralaskavacation.com
    Tell them Kevin sent you!!

I know it's supposed to be Dave Canterbury and Cody Lundin, but don't know when it airs. Dave left January 2nd to start filming.

Quote Originally Posted by pocomoonskyeyes View Post
    I know it's supposed to be Dave Canterbury and Cody Lundin, but don't know when it airs. Dave left January 2nd to start filming.
    At least they picked two real people who know something.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee