Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many out there?

I was lost just the other day.. Me and my girlfriend took this outing in Dallas.. Well long story short was she called me asked me where I was.. After looking around for a sign I realized I was in Dillards right.. well she was all the way over at the Bath and Body shop.. I swear.. I walked around that mall for 4 hours trying to find her. The place was so big I had no idea which direction to even start. I should have brought some powerbars and gatorade.

I think the fact that I haven't been lost in the wilderness yet means that I survived all of my outings thus far without incident. Like everyone else, my goal is NOT to have to be in a survival situation in the first place, but if I were in one to at least be as prepared as possible for whatever may come. Hopefully, I will have learned enough vicariously and through personal practice in non-survival situations that I don't leave my vehicle, I always keep a minimum of necessary items with me at all times (just in case) and know how to use them, I wear appropriate clothing for the climate and weather so that I don't have to strip down to prevent hypothermia, and I keep my bearings so I don't have hundreds of others putting their lives in jeopardy searching for me.

I'm shocked no one has answered this yet. Okay, I will....3129.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Ok I will bite what is ? . 3129
    Do it with what you got and you want need what you don't have

Blog Entries

Number of registered members on the Forum as of Rick's post. Newest member is Ric Knight.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Quote Originally Posted by erunkiswldrnssurvival View Post
    you were fortunate. the places that i go to here you cant walk more than10 miles without crossing a road.just walk any direction. i have tried to get lost in ocala forest.cant do it. roads run like spider webs.cant get lost but i get tired of walking. i do need some frontier in my back yard.
    Ive been all over Ocala Forest myself so I know what you mean. Those roads are sandy too so they wear you down walking em. Lots of 4 wheelers tearin it up but I finally found some decent areas to hunt. Only bowhunting there so far. Juniper Creek is an excellent kayak stream with lots of wilderness around there for sure. I would always hit salt or Silver Glen springs to cool down midday before the evening setup. If I draw no quotas for bow Ill be back down in Sep.

Blog Entries

Never been lost.

Been turned around, once for two days in Panama. On the second day popped a smoke to get picked up.

Once in the Western Md. mountains, spoke of this here before, did lose my way in the universe. But because I'm no dumb sheot and know how to use a compass, common sense, and sitting down and taking a few breaths and realizing the situation, managed to make the right decissions.

Lost Noooooooooo...........

Misguided........few times.

Senior Member erunkiswldrnssurvival's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stairman View Post
    Ive been all over Ocala Forest myself so I know what you mean. Those roads are sandy too so they wear you down walking em. Lots of 4 wheelers tearin it up but I finally found some decent areas to hunt. Only bowhunting there so far. Juniper Creek is an excellent kayak stream with lots of wilderness around there for sure. I would always hit salt or Silver Glen springs to cool down midday before the evening setup. If I draw no quotas for bow Ill be back down in Sep.
    the boils at silver glen are cool. i caught the biggest mullet ive ever caugh just out side of silver glen inlet. lake george is an exelent place to survive.that reminds me of a time that me and two of my friends had built a raft out of reeds on lake george. we were paddeling to silver glen from 9 mile road (navy test range) and in the middle of the lake a police boat stopped us and made us get out of the raft! it was hilarious, i still laugh about it today, lake george is great!
    Last edited by erunkiswldrnssurvival; 05-08-2009 at 10:40 PM. Reason: added comment
    God lives in the Mountain, Serve the Master, The Mountain also serves the Master. Serve the Mountain,
    The Mountain Breaks you.
    http://www.youtube.com/trapperjacksurvival
    http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss113/erunkis