Thread: flight suit?

Default flight suit?

In my bob is a military issue flight suit. I keep it there as extra clothing. The fact that it is olive drab may come in handy to blend in depending. Plenty of pockets that close securely.
    If you had a flight suit, and loaded the pockets, it would be a self contained bob, should your bob disappear. Everything is on you.
    Just wondering, anyone else like these things?
    You are your dog's best friend....

Blog Entries

I prefer a vest over a flight suit. Fisherman's type with a million pockets does quite well by me.

Ever see a Scottevest? http://www.scottevest.com/v3_store/N...FQVxFQodPX9b9A
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

I have been looking over the vests actually. Have yet to find one I really like. But, I will continue to look. Might even break out the ole Singer and stitch up my own.
    You are your dog's best friend....

Having lived in a flight suit for 15 of my 20 years in the military, I can tell you that there is a reason why we also don the SV-2 (survival Vest). The suit is NOT load bearing! The pockets are good for light weight items. Check out the vest that Camelbak makes, it incorporate a hydration bladder into the vest and allows to to put pouches anywhere you like on the vest.
    I know what hunts you.

I do need something better. I just wear a long leather coat with tons of pockets. Although this is EXTREMELY impractical in a lot of circumstances.