Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tap a pine tree

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

would just being exposed to the environment (sun and rain) drive out the terpenes and make it lose it's mojo? I do think it is copal and lacks the "fire element" from being exposed. you can tell more about it in the top pic.
    Thanks for the info, this sap might be better used as a sealant than a fuel.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. Helen Keller

My Plants
    My skills
    Eye Candy
    Plant terminology reference!
    Moving pictures

It shouldn't. It would take higher heat to do that. You should be able to burn it much like incense if it is copal. I think the term copal came from copalli, which is Spanish for incense (?)....I think. Or maybe it's Spanish for an incense like product. Anywhooo. Try burning it and see if it reacts like incense. If it does, then I'd bet you have copal.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

nah, it melts like wax and runs when hot. very fluid and burns very violently with lots of popping and crackling.. the fire just doesn't last. I'll toy with some more wick materials soon. got 2 hides to smoke and one to brain.. gotta get back to work lol.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. Helen Keller

My Plants
    My skills
    Eye Candy
    Plant terminology reference!
    Moving pictures

Maybe it somehow got water mixed into it.