Thread: Kraton G

Default Kraton G

So I recently purchased a Ka-bar with a Kraton G handle. Has a nice comfortable grip and a light weight feel. What I want to know is how durable this material is. How will it hold up to harsh conditions (repetitive blows, being dropped, left in the rain or sun, ect....) and how much better is it then traditional leather or wood handles? Im not familiar with this material and personnal expeirience from someone else would be helpful.
    KILL OR BE KILLED

Kraton G is an ingredient, You can make anything from soft playable pressure sensitive adhesives to a coating for a knife handle. I looked up the properties of Kraton G as used in the molding of handles. From my experience in using it for adhesive formulation, and from trade journal descriptions, I think it is being used to form a softer rubber like surface layer offering a much improved grip on the handle. The actual handle body is of a much more durable plastic. I think the Kraton is intended to offer improved gription.

Can anyone who has one of these Kraton knives confirm the grip quality.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

Kar-Bar is one of the top knife makers around the world especially with military and survival knives. Kraton G does have a good grip to it and since it is coming from Ka-Bar it is more than likely good. I have never heard any bad Ka-Bar reviews.