Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: pgvoutdoors is gone!

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle69 View Post
    i don't see this as dramtics or theatrics, phil is just stating a point as to why he feels he does not want to be here anymore, i liked your info phil, you kept this place what it is all about
    wilderness survival and emergency preperation, a fact forgotten by some here.
    Yeah, sure. *shrug* If you say so. I just don't see why it was necessary to have a private conversation with Chris, and then come cry about someone picking on him in public with a short rant, ending in "I'm running away".

Seems like really childish actions to me, and not suited to someone who is guiding others in the wilderness. I'd fire my guide with a quickness if he started this emotional rag crap in the bush.
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    Samuel Adams
    Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole.

PGV, i wish you would reconsider. You'll be missed greatly.
    The Earth does not belong to us, we belong to the Earth. What befalls the Earth, befalls the sons of the Earth.
    Chief Seattle

Bear Clan

I have to agree that it seems a bit melodramatic to publicly announce one's departure from a forum...it would make a much grander statement to just leave without saying a word and have others ask why privately.

I seem to be out of the loop and clueless, thats OK I'm used to it. Perhaps announcing his leaving was done to provoke thought and change in the forum, what ever that change might be.

Although you won't be reading this. Sorry to read of your leaving, your posts have been helpful.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

Rather than leaving, wouldn't it be better to post a thought provoking topic regarding the change you feel is needed? Or at the very least, send a PM to the individual(s) who you feel have/has posted "antagonizing comments?" For all I know, I could inadvertently be one of the individuals referred to. I can assure you if it was me, it was not intentional and a simple PM would get my attention much easier than you leaving. Just food for thought.

Colorado Springs, CO wildography's Avatar
    Colorado Springs, CO; I've lived in 9 states, traveled through 32 others

Quote Originally Posted by mountain mama View Post
    Rather than leaving, wouldn't it be better to post a thought provoking topic regarding the change you feel is needed? Or at the very least, send a PM to the individual(s) who you feel have/has posted "antagonizing comments?" For all I know, I could inadvertently be one of the individuals referred to. I can assure you if it was me, it was not intentional and a simple PM would get my attention much easier than you leaving. Just food for thought.
    Outstanding post, 'Mama'! It is much better to confront the "antagonizers" directly... without getting nasty, belittling, or mean... and ask what's going on with their so-called "mean-spirited" post. Often times, you will find that no offense was intended.

I would much rather give someone the opportunity to prove that they are intentionally antagonizing others than just assume that is the case. If they are intentionally doing so... then take that up with Chris or just ignore them. Why "run away" from those "mean-spirited" people?... they will just do it to others. Take a stand for what is right... don't take a stand against an "adversary" that truly meant no harm... they are not your adversary. Perhaps they just didn't communicate properly.

Personally, I don't particularly care if people "like" me... if they do, great. If they don't - why is that? and does it matter? I'm here to learn, and perhaps contribute a little bit. If friendships - or enemies - are developed along the way... that is another issue...
    all men die; few truly live

To all those rambling on about pgv's use of 'melodramatics' or looking for a 'pity party' or whatever, my personal thinking is that Phil isn't the kind of guy who would use the forum that way. (A lot of other people, yeah, but not this guy)

Phil, if you're still reading here, what my bro said is accurate. You always kept the threads on track about what this forum is supposed to be about so I hope you'll reconsider and stay.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

The offending posts were not directed AT Phil,but rather at other members of the forum,and it has happened before,some of us just do not post very often anymore because of one certain person.

My feelings is that he is not leaving because of anything said to him,but for what was allowed to be said to others.

I too wish he would reconsider and stay.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Quote Originally Posted by nell67 View Post
    The offending posts were not directed AT Phil,but rather at other members of the forum,and it has happened before,some of us just do not post very often anymore because of one certain person.
    Was it me? Because, you know, I find that a lot here in my social life.....the family always said I didn't have any social graces (heartfelt sigh)
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

No dear,I was not talking about you,and your social graces are more than adequate!

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Quote Originally Posted by nell67 View Post
    No dear,I was not talking about you,and your social graces are more than adequate!
    well, you have Nora to thank for the social graces, she's been larnin' me not to hoard all the shrooms....

Speaking of 'shrooms..... walked out for about 10 minutes before work a couple of days ago and found 5,showed the daughter how to find them,and she found one bigger than all the ones I found....must be all right as a teacher,eh???

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

You're the best MDN, now contact pgv and tell him you need help mpicking mushrooms (that's it, a barefaced lie, yeah) and he should get his butt back here immediately.

Will do!!!!!!!!

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

Red face Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by trax View Post
    Was it me? Because, you know, I find that a lot here in my social life.....the family always said I didn't have any social graces (heartfelt sigh)
    I gotta take the blame Son. Social graces just ain't in our gene pool or swamp. You're doing better and I probably should be more serious, but it's kinda like diarrhea it comes thru your jeans.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.

i dont think hes looking for a pitty party or trying to start drama... all he said is he is leaving and the reason for that. i think others are making a bigger deal out of this situation and are the ones actually starting the drama.
    how dare i call this love and not bare my cross

Bear Clan

Quote Originally Posted by tonester View Post
    i dont think hes looking for a pitty party or trying to start drama... all he said is he is leaving and the reason for that. i think others are making a bigger deal out of this situation and are the ones actually starting the drama.
    The point is that if he wanted to leave, just leave.

Don't go announcing it publicly, because that is a cry for attention and nothing more. If there was truly an issue with someone on the forums, fine. Address it with that person. Privately or publicly, it doesn't matter. If it still doesn't get resolved, put them on your ignore list.

I asked to have my account deleted months prior to this, but was told no, that if I wanted to leave, just leave, by the owner and admin's. They stated they didn't want to see me go, but that if I wanted to, etc, but they wouldn't delete an account because it disrupts the flow of the threads. Fine. I left. But you didn't see a public post from me saying

"You're all so mean and pick on me and each other. I'm taking my toys and going home."

Why? Because I don't need your attention, or your approval. I'm content with who I am, and don't really give a rat's *** if you like me or not.

I'm here because *I want to be here*.

If I decide to leave, you won't see me announce it publicly. If I consider you a friend or someone I would like to keep in touch with I'll send you a PM and ask for an email address or something.
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    Samuel Adams
    Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole WV Coot View Post
    I gotta take the blame Son. Social graces just ain't in our gene pool or swamp. You're doing better and I probably should be more serious, but it's kinda like diarrhea it comes thru your jeans.
    Yeah, but you gave me the 'shine brewing instructions and that means so much more....

Is it just me or did Coot call Trax a little s**t? It's probably me.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine_Sapper View Post
    The point is that if he wanted to leave, just leave.

Don't go announcing it publicly, because that is a cry for attention and nothing more. If there was truly an issue with someone on the forums, fine. Address it with that person. Privately or publicly, it doesn't matter. If it still doesn't get resolved, put them on your ignore list.

I asked to have my account deleted months prior to this, but was told no, that if I wanted to leave, just leave, by the owner and admin's. They stated they didn't want to see me go, but that if I wanted to, etc, but they wouldn't delete an account because it disrupts the flow of the threads. Fine. I left. But you didn't see a public post from me saying

"You're all so mean and pick on me and each other. I'm taking my toys and going home."

Why? Because I don't need your attention, or your approval. I'm content with who I am, and don't really give a rat's *** if you like me or not.

I'm here because *I want to be here*.

If I decide to leave, you won't see me announce it publicly. If I consider you a friend or someone I would like to keep in touch with I'll send you a PM and ask for an email address or something.
    Well said.