Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Domestic surveillance

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmm.....

So the Feds are monitoring, who cares? Look what we talk about on this forum. Giving "atta-boys" to the Navy Seals for a job well done; A plethora of ideas to keep pirates off of American vessels; How to avoid a Super Mod coming onto you while he's wearing a Twinkie suit...well, that one may come back to bite us in the butt!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewnOK View Post
    Your saying I shouldn't be paranoid? They'll get you first!
    Think maybe you watch too many movies. Like "Enemy of the State" perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewnOK View Post
    Your saying I shouldn't be paranoid? They'll get you first!
    Matthew - what makes you believe that I'm not the one doing the watching.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I just got a pair of mini-binoculars and a mirror. I'm gonna keep an eye on myself for you guys. Everyone can rest easier now.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

This is old news... Like any of us have any real privacy these days. They just busted a couple guy locally for stealing a bronze pig statue at 5:30 in the AM. How were they caught, you might ask? The local ATM machine was taking video of them the whole time they cased the pig, and videoed the backing into it with a pickup and throwing it in the back. Got their faces, their cloths, and the license from the back of the truck...

Not only are you being listened to, you are being watched...

Mohammad Jihad!
    "Evil triumphs when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke [1729-1797]

retired American

Many people are deluded if they think their lives are so very interesting. If anyone wants to listen to my phone calls then go ahead. They will find out about how my kids are doing in school or what I ate for dinner. Or they can read my email with this forum and learn about treehouses or planting pumpkins or some other information which the NSA is dying to know about. Face it, despite how interesting our own lives are to us, the govt. has other things to worry about than what some guy who lives in the woods is doing all day. The biggest threat to many people is not the NSA or CIA or bilderbergs but the stroke they will suffer if they keep worrying about all of this crap. The threat from the terrorists this electronic surveillance is trying to combat is far more serious that the supposed threat that someone is eavesdropping on your phone call. And if what you are saying on the phone is that interesting to the NSA then perhaps they should be listening to you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chiangmaimav View Post
    And if what you are saying on the phone is that interesting to the NSA then perhaps they should be listening to you.
    Well, I'm sure that many of the telephone conversations that I have would be of great interest to many of the Federal alphabet agencies and to many state and local ones as well. If they are listening, they are violating someone's Fourth, Fifth, and Sixth Amendment rights because those conversations are privileged conversations. The Constitiution gives me and my client the absolute right to have such conversations without the government listening in.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

If they listened to very many of my phone calls they'd show up at the house in no time. They'd feel sorry for me and offer me brochures of fun spots around the country just to try and get me to have SOME kind of life. Poor, poor, pitiful me.

Quote Originally Posted by chiangmaimav View Post
    Many people are deluded if they think their lives are so very interesting. If anyone wants to listen to my phone calls then go ahead. They will find out about how my kids are doing in school or what I ate for dinner. Or they can read my email with this forum and learn about treehouses or planting pumpkins or some other information which the NSA is dying to know about. Face it, despite how interesting our own lives are to us, the govt. has other things to worry about than what some guy who lives in the woods is doing all day. The biggest threat to many people is not the NSA or CIA or bilderbergs but the stroke they will suffer if they keep worrying about all of this crap. The threat from the terrorists this electronic surveillance is trying to combat is far more serious that the supposed threat that someone is eavesdropping on your phone call. And if what you are saying on the phone is that interesting to the NSA then perhaps they should be listening to you.
    Ok, so you live a completely boring life out in the bush and no one has any reason to pay attention to you. Gotcha. But for all you know one of us may be running guns for the IRA and another is helping the Somali's, so yeah, maybe the NSA does have reason to watch them. But I think you're missing the point. Simply having an account and posting on "extremist" type boards will get you monitored. Is this board as "extreme" as some of the others out there? Not a chance. Is it still on the list? You betcha.
    Last edited by Alpine_Sapper; 04-19-2009 at 10:01 AM.
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    Samuel Adams
    Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole.

Oh great. After that post I'm sure to be monitored. Hey, who's that at my door on a Sunday morning?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Oh great. After that post I'm sure to be monitored. Hey, who's that at my door on a Sunday morning?
    Just this guy. He's taking a little vacation.......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Sorry, hadn't had enough coffee to think clearly. I fixed it. Cool?
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine_Sapper View Post
    Sorry, hadn't had enough coffee to think clearly. I fixed it. Cool?
    Ummmm - I was joking. Really, I am not worried about it or else I never would have posted a picture of the Rambo Super Deer Slayer Deluxe.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Ken - that looks like job security to me.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Ken - that looks like job security to me.
    He's a local landmark. Kinda' like the Citgo sign near Fenway Park. His name is Nibbles Woodaway. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nibbles_Woodaway
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Ummmm - I was joking. Really, I am not worried about it or else I never would have posted a picture of the Rambo Super Deer Slayer Deluxe.

lol. right, right. Like I said, caffiene deficiency. And I'm surprised they haven't already contacted you over registering your Deer Slayer....
    Samuel Adams

all i can say about this is who cares, come get ya some *itch but ya but ya better bring a lunch cuz the more time that goes by the better prepared i become
    always be prepared-prepare all ways
    http://wareaglesurvival.blogspot.com

"War Eagle. Yes, sir. That's what he goes by. I'm reading a print out of the post now. This one has to be dealt with."