Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you store your fishes?

Quote Originally Posted by trax View Post
    Depends how many fish you're talking about here. Cooking and consuming them is one good way to make them transportable.
    that was my first thought as well. i've used that method more often than not and i can't say i've ever had fish go bad on me

one thing to remember about cold smoking and jerking/drying freshwater fish is that neither of these methods grantee food safety.

it's relatively safe, and has been done for millenia, but then people in less developed countries, and in antiquity have had a lot more GI parasites.
    Last edited by canid; 04-15-2009 at 11:15 PM. Reason: edited for clarification
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Chief Executive Officer of All Operations

I don't normally go on trips that take more than a couple hours to return to a place with refridgeration (camper) And if i'm tenting, the place where we camp freezes fish for the campers. I once tried to eat fish that had been in the freezer for almost a year. It tasted oily and gross. In retrospect it was a poor choice.

What? No talk of conspiracy about keeping words out of the dictionary? I'm disappointed. I would have said ******* but the feds won't let that word be used.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Whatever..........

my tinfoil must be blocking the signal, all i could see where asterisks...
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.